Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If we get Haynesworth, do we go Nicks or Harvin (or someone else)?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If we get Haynesworth, do we go Nicks or Harvin (or someone else)?

If we can land Haynesworth, we can switch our focus from Jerry to a WR. With Crab and Maclin most likely gone, which WR would you like to see on the Bucs teamed with Bryant?

I have Nicks and Harvin ranked higher than DHB and Britt
    save Freeman

Who says Jerry is our focus to begin with?

Comment

Our DT's suck. Jerry is a prototypical 43 UT that should be there at 19. You better believe Raheem and Bates will want to fix the D-line. I definitley think the DL is our main focus in round 1 unless we can get a Haynesworth, Peppers, or Suggs.

And please god dont mention Josh Freeman or anything...
      save Freeman

Comment

What makes you think you can land Haynesworth?

2011 FA: FS - OJ Atogwe
        2011 Draft Picks: Ryan Kerrigan-OLB-Purdue, Jarvis Jenkins-DE-Clemson, Leonard Hankerson-WR-Miami, Roy Helu-RB-Nebraska, DeJon Gomes-CB/S-Nebraska, Niles Paul-WR-Nebraska, Evan Royster-RB-Penn State, Aldrick Robinson-WR-SMU, Brandyn Thompson-CB-Boise State, Maurice Hurt-OG-Florida, Markus White-OLB-Florida State, Chris Neild-NT-West Virginia

Comment

Originally posted by toddmlazarchick View Post
          its a possibility, hence why he's using the word "if"

I'm pretty sure any team could land Haynesworth. Nothing is impossible
          Gamertag: OnABoat16 (Games: NCAA 10, NHL 10, Tiger Woods 10)

Proud fan of the Tampa Bay Buccaneers
          Somewhat proud fan of the Toronto Blue Jays
          Yes, a fan of the Toronto Maple Leafs as well
          A fan of the USF Bulls

Comment

Originally posted by toddmlazarchick View Post
            45+ mil in cap (the most in the league) and a big need at DT
            save Freeman

Comment

If Bucs get Haynesworth their gunna need to grab a receiver and then a qb.
              Heyward-Bey and Nate Davis.

ALTHOUGH i do believe Josh Johnson is going to resurrect the Bucs offense if hes coached properly.
              JJ is the real deal

Go Celtics
              Go Irish
              Go Ravens

Comment

Not a big DHB fan. He was inconsistent at Maryland (yea I know his QB sucked). I like Nicks and maybe even Harvin more.

Nate Davis is really interesting but I would look into his learning disability before drafting him. I do like him more than Josh Freeman though.
                save Freeman

Comment

I doubt we will get Haynesworth, but if we do, I believe we will draft Josh Freeman in the 1st round. DL and QB are the biggest needs and I think our 1st two picks will come from these positions.

I'm torn on Freeman because I don't really like him that much as a prospect, but I've been hoping the Bucs would draft a QB high since 2005. This is the first year where it seems likely and we aren't in position to get a top prospect.

Comment

No thank you to Freeman. I wouls rather start Mccown.

Basically what i am saying is, if we go WR, who do YOU want? Assuming Crab and Maclin are gone.
                    save Freeman

Comment

Originally posted by Me Likey Rookies View Post

Basically what i am saying is, if we go WR, who do YOU want? Assuming Crab and Maclin are gone.
                      Harvin is my #3 WR.

Comment

If we drafted Freeman, we probably would start McCown.

Comment

I am really warming up to Harvin. He would only be good as a complement to Bryant, but damn he is sure to give this offense some spark.
                          save Freeman

Comment

I am really warming up to Harvin. He would only be good as a complement to Bryant, but damn he is sure to give this offense some spark.
                            Some people are saying he may be in a Reggie Bush role or a glorified 3rd down back, maybe jack of all trades guy, I think he could be a Steve Smith type of playmaker at WR with good coaching and in time...He's a more polished route runner then say Devin Hester and he bulked up quite a bit in a year, being from Florida has got to scare some teams off though.

Originally posted by Scott Wright
                            I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

Comment

Haynesworth is an absolute bum.

First, he has only ever showed up on the football field for 3 seasons out of 10, including his time at the University of Tennessee. All 3 seasons he decided to play, where years in which Big Al was due to get a new contract. His junior year in college, he played to move his draft stock into the first round, and the last 2 seasons in which he was looking for a long term, big record breaking deal. That's cause for concern.

Secondly, let's not forget the mental issues he has.

At UT, when he got upset at a teammate at practice, Haynesworth left the field, found a spear, and started hunting down the teammate. If not for coaches stopping him, ALbert may just be Rae Carruth's roommate.

Then with the Titans, there was the incident where he used OC Justin Hartwig's chest for field goal practice. AND the Andre Gurode stomping episode, where he nearly blinded the guy during a game.

And now there's the issue that he may have violated his probation, and if he's charged could end up being suspended in 2009 by Roger Goodell.

Third.... and most importantly..... is the fact that Albert Haynesworth has NEVER played a full 16 game season. EVER. If it's not the suspensions, it's the little nicks and bruises that keeps him out of the lineup. His tolerance for pain is nearly equivalent to that of an 8 year-old school girl.

How any serious football fan would even consider this guy on their team, really should look into rooting for a different sport.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information