• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• And the starter is.....

drumroll......

BYRON LEFTWICH

:(:(:(:(

sig by BoneKrusher

Sad, but not unexpected considering the competition. Looking forward to Freeman in week 10, maybe sooner. Sorry if my optimism is underwhelming.

Comment

We better hope our O-Line blocks for him...

Comment

The way this whole QB situation was dealt with was very underwhelming. Particularily the final choice.

Comment

Originally posted by Captain Fear View Post
          Sad, but not unexpected considering the competition. Looking forward to Freeman in week 10, maybe sooner. Sorry if my optimism is underwhelming.
          I hope not. The guy struggled against 3rd stringers.

I thought McCown slightly outplayed Leftwich. Like most QB battles the coaches have a prefered winner and he has to really get beat for him to lose the job.

Comment

Originally posted by Caddy View Post
            We better hope our O-Line blocks for him...
            Our OL blocked extremely well for him in the preseason. He still completed about 1/2 of his passes and took WAY too long to deliver the ball.

McCown, on the other hand, had no time to throw in the 3rd game and was completely out of rhythm.

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

AT least with Leftwich starting we have a better shot at locking up Gerald McCoy.

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

Originally posted by etk View Post
                Our OL blocked extremely well for him in the preseason. He still completed about 1/2 of his passes and took WAY too long to deliver the ball.

McCown, on the other hand, had no time to throw in the 3rd game and was completely out of rhythm.
                Tell me about it. He just can't get rid of the ball quick enough. Thank god our O-Line isn't rubbish because we'd give up way too many sacks.

Comment

it's not good when our starting QB can't hit wide open recievers, as Leftwich showed us in the Miami game
                  Gamertag: OnABoat16 (Games: NCAA 10, NHL 10, Tiger Woods 10)

Proud fan of the Tampa Bay Buccaneers
                  Somewhat proud fan of the Toronto Blue Jays
                  Yes, a fan of the Toronto Maple Leafs as well
                  A fan of the USF Bulls

Comment

At least our receivers are open....Stovall is a baller.

I'm just worried that our #2 WR is Michael Clayton. Even if Leftwich hits him with an accurate ball in the chest, odds are against him catching it. If he couldn't handle Garcia's ball....

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

I just wish he could learn to put a little bit of touch on the ball. He could actually be decent then.

Not a big deal really, just a temporary fill-in for us until Freeman is eventually thrown to the dogs.

The Eric Berry in '10 campaign is underway

Sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

Working...
                      X

Debug Information