No announcement yet.

2010 Draft Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How Po'd would you be if the Bucs went offense in the first round with pick 3 or a trade down?

Comment

• Originally posted by bigbuc View Post
      How Po'd would you be if the Bucs went offense in the first round with pick 3 or a trade down?
      If it is Okung to replace Penn, that'd be fine I guess.

As far as a trade down goes, I wouldn't really mind. Depending on who is available of course.

Comment

• This is how we should build our team. Its a good read.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/playof...len&id=4828380

Comment

• Here's a totally random scenario I came up with:

The Rams select Ndamukong Suh and the Lions select Gerald McCoy, leaving the Bucs without one of the two top defensive tackle prospects. As a result, they look to trade down to secure more picks. San Francisco expresses interest in trading up to secure one of the quarterback prospects and Seattle, getting wind of this, makes a counter-offer in order to ensure the get a franchise quarterback in this draft (because they feel Washington will select one). The Buccaneers accept Seattle's offer and end up with both of their first round selections.

Our selections:

1a) Derrick Morgan (DE, Georgia Tech)
          1b) Brian Price (DT, UCLA)
          2a) Damian Williams (WR, Southern Cal)
          2b) Perrish Cox (CB, Oklahoma State)
          3) Kyle Calloway (OT, Iowa)
          4) Sean Lee (LB, Penn State)
          5) Namaan Roosevelt (WR, Buffalo)
          6) Robert Johnson (S, Utah)
          7) Zoltan Mesko (P, Michigan)

Comment

• Here's a totally random scenario I came up with:

The Rams select Ndamukong Suh and the Lions select Gerald McCoy, leaving the Bucs without one of the two top defensive tackle prospects. As a result, they look to trade down to secure more picks. San Francisco expresses interest in trading up to secure one of the quarterback prospects and Seattle, getting wind of this, makes a counter-offer in order to ensure the get a franchise quarterback in this draft (because they feel Washington will select one). The Buccaneers accept Seattle's offer and end up with both of their first round selections.

Our selections:

1a) Derrick Morgan (DE, Georgia Tech)
            1b) Brian Price (DT, UCLA)
            2a) Damian Williams (WR, Southern Cal)
            2b) Perrish Cox (CB, Oklahoma State)
            3) Kyle Calloway (OT, Iowa)
            4) Sean Lee (LB, Penn State)
            5) Namaan Roosevelt (WR, Buffalo)
            6) Robert Johnson (S, Utah)
            7) Zoltan Mesko (P, Michigan)
            I like the Idea of trading down... Can't really complain about the picks that much, that would be a very nice draft... I would like to see maybe more then two DLineman taken but I guess FA could take care of adding more depth there.

I will throw my picks out with this senario , I will switch it up from the normal picks usually mocked to us and yours just for a change up...

1. Rolando McClain (LB, Alabama)
            1. Jason Pierre-Paul (DE, South Florida)
            2. Tyson Aluala (DT, California)
            2. Jordan Shipley (WR, Texas)
            3. Javier Arenas (CB, Alabama)
            4. Sam Young (OT, Notre Dame)
            5. Ben Tate (RB, Auburn)
            6. Best Available SS
            7. Best Available DT
            7. Best Available WR
            7. Best Available K
            Last edited by KennyG; 01-16-2010, 10:33 AM.

Josh Freeman by Kenbo Slice

Comment

• Why Rolando McClain?

Comment

• If we don't resign Ruud it would make sense... Okung would go to Washington, Berry to KC... That would leave us with McClain. You could go Derrick Morgan/Joe Haden at 6 but I was trying to switch it up and hit on a different senario... There is more of a drop off at LB then DLineman/CB imo, so you could fill those positions in the 2nd and 3rd...
                Last edited by KennyG; 01-16-2010, 11:25 AM.

Comment

• And as you know everyone and their mamma has jumped off Ruud's bandwagon...lol. I hope we keep Ruud tho.. I chalk this year up to just a jacked up year for the D becasue of all the changes and poor Dline play... But I'm not too sure Ruud wants to be here, if you seen his comments about the Collective Bargaining stuff going on he seemed upset that he might not get to test FA...
                  Last edited by KennyG; 01-16-2010, 11:13 AM.

Comment

• I'm still on the Ruud bandwagon!

But I would love me some Rolando McClain.

Comment

• I seriously doubt Ruud is going anywhere. It's highly unlikely that a new CBA will be reached, which means Ruud will be a RFA. When you consider that his skill-set is really only suited for the Tampa 2, it's unlikely that any teams would be willing to part with a draft pick in order to grab him away from the Bucs. The only team I think might consider it would be the Colts.

Besides, Ruud is a good MLB. He didn't look as good this season because the Bucs were using a piss-poor defensive scheme for the first half of the season that didn't fit his skill-set and the defensive line is beyond horrible. A bad defensive line in the Tampa 2 will make the entire defense look bad.

Comment

• Besides, Ruud is a good MLB. He didn't look as good this season because the Bucs were using a piss-poor defensive scheme for the first half of the season that didn't fit his skill-set and the defensive line is beyond horrible. A bad defensive line in the Tampa 2 will make the entire defense look bad.
                        Totally agree... Like I said it was just a possible senario I could see happening...

If that trade was to go down with us and Seattle there would be so many options for us...
                        You could go Dez Bryant/Brian Price in the first and then DE/CB in the second.
                        You could go Haden/Morgan in the first DE/WR in the second...
                        You could go Berry/Pierre-Paul in the first DT/WR in the second...
                        On and on.. so many possibilities... Just depends what goes down in the first 5 picks..

I mean would you really be all that upset if any of those picks went down?
                        Last edited by KennyG; 01-16-2010, 11:53 AM.

Comment

• Yeah Legacy is right on this one.

Bates system did not suit a lot of our players. As soon as Morris took over our linebackers got a lot more involved in the game - all three of them to be honest.

If we want to run the Tampa 2 this year we still need a ton of D-Line help both on the interior and outside. I want a DT and a DE within our first 4 picks.

Ideally I'd like to see us nab McCoy in the first and then target a pass rusher with one of our 2nd's and a receiver with the other one. Then I'd try and grab the best available CB to sit behind Barber and Talib - Hopefully we can get a FA who can help us out here for a season or two.

Comment

• Originally posted by KennyG View Post
                            If that trade was to go down with us and Seattle there would be so many options for us...
                            You could go Dez Bryant/Brian Price in the first and then DE/CB in the second.
                            You could go Haden/Morgan in the first DE/WR in the second...
                            You could go Berry/Pierre-Paul in the first DT/WR in the second...
                            Bryant/Price would be ok with me, but I seriously doubt Derrick Morgan would remain on the board for Seattle's second 1st round pick. As for Berry/JPP... eh... I'm not really high on Berry while we're using the T2 and JPP is really, really raw (he's a real boom/bust prospect).

I chose Morgan/Price because that combo would provide a massive boost to the defensive line right off the bat. Morgan/Price/Miller/White would have us getting somewhere next year.

Comment

• As for Berry/JPP... eh... I'm not really high on Berry while we're using the T2 and JPP is really, really raw (he's a real boom/bust prospect).
                              True but you wouldn't be all that upset if it went down like that - Berry/JPP, DT/WR in the second... Maybe not the most "ideal picks" but nothing to get upset over...I think too that DE is a very hard position to gauge, who is to say that Derrick Morgan dosn't struggle at the next level..
                              Last edited by KennyG; 01-16-2010, 08:05 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by KennyG View Post
                                True but you wouldn't be all that upset if it went down like that - Berry/JPP, DT/WR in the second... Maybe not the most "ideal picks" but nothing to get upset over...I think too that DE is a very hard position to gauge, who is to say that Derrick Morgan dosn't struggle at the next level..

Who's to say any player we draft doesn't struggle at the next level.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information