Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Race for #1 pick heating up

Thanks Browns.

It's St. Louis and us in the driver's seat.

WOOOOO HOOOOOOO!

Suh here we come!

I don't want the #1 pick.

#1 overall money for a DT is annoying.

Comment

Originally posted by Caddy View Post

Well there is no way in hell Suh makes it past the 3rd pick. I highly doubt he will make it past the second(hopefully that is us).

Comment

I could be wrong, but weren't the Bucs trying to get Haynsworth?
        Jamaal Charles is the best RB in the NFL

Comment

I could be wrong, but weren't the Bucs trying to get Haynsworth?
          Jamaal Charles is the best RB in the NFL

Comment

i dont mind paying for Suh, we have plenty of money as it is

and yeah like that guy said we were gonna pay a load of cash for haynesworth anyway

bonekrusher on the sig magic
            <beans> libid dont worry man i think fondling big black men is a perfectly worthy career goal
            <JBond> laughing so hard I am crying

Comment

I know we have a ton of cash, but it's still a lot of money to throw at a defensive lineman.

Realistically though it is the only real possibility for us at 1/2/3.

Comment

I don't mind paying #1 money for Suh. I just don't want to pay #2/#3 money for anyone else at this point.

Comment

g-g-g-go rams

bonekrusher on the sig magic
                  <beans> libid dont worry man i think fondling big black men is a perfectly worthy career goal
                  <JBond> laughing so hard I am crying

Comment

When you are 31st against the run and have to go up against Deangelo Williams/J.Stewart, Mike Turner, Bush/P.Thomas twice a year it is definatley worth the $$$.... If Suh isn't there though I think you draft the best player available and that would be Berry...

Josh Freeman by Kenbo Slice

Comment

ABOYNAMEDSUH looks like you are going to have to change your screen name soon... lol. Although there is an outside chance we land Suh still... We need a lot of help though.. First off we would have to lose against the Falcons and have KC win, then we are sitting at the 3 spot.. Rams pick Clausen or Berry and the Lions Pick McCoy, Berry or Okung.. Maybe that's a stretch I don't know but I wouldn't put anything past the Lions Scouting dept. and the Rams need to make a splash - plus they drafted back to back Dlineman with their #1 picks in 08 and 07 (Chris Long and Adam Carriker), do you think they want to have that much money tied up on Dline players? I can see the Rams trying to trade down to get Clausen and stock pile picks....
                      Last edited by KennyG; 01-02-2010, 06:26 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by KennyG View Post
                        When you are 31st against the run and have to go up against Deangelo Williams/J.Stewart, Mike Turner, Bush/P.Thomas twice a year it is definatley worth the $$$.... If Suh isn't there though I think you draft the best player available and that would be Berry...
                        How can you name all of those runningbacks that we have to face twice a year and then say we should take Berry over Gerald McCoy?

The Tampa 2 cannot be successful without a dominant front 4. Berry is a fantastic football player, but the quickest way to shut down an opposing team's running game is to acquire a defensive line that can control the point of attack. That's why the defensive line must be the #1 priority this offseason.

The Bucs had a dominant defense for so long because their defensive line was anchored by guys like Warren Sapp, Simeon Rice, Chidi Ahanatou, etc. Those guys were the stalwarts who made players like Brian Kelly and Dwight Smith look like Pro-Bowlers and they're also responsible for Dexter Jackson being named the Super Bowl MVP. As good as he is, Eric Berry will not have that kind of impact on the entire defense.

With all of that said, if both Suh and McCoy are off the board when we pick, I would not be upset with selecting the best remaining defender on the board, which would probably be Berry. However, using the points above, I believe that Derrick Morgan will be very high on the Buc's draft board, as well.

Comment

I have to agree with what Legacy said. If we pick at four, there is a legitimate chance that Gerald McCoy will be on the board. The guy is a beast and is in my opinion one of the more under-rated blue chip players going into the draft. All the DT attention is on the media darling Suh and McCoy is all but a forgotten figure. If we plan on running the Tampa 2 again next year, McCoy will be a HUGE asset.

Comment

Originally posted by KennyG View Post
                            ABOYNAMEDSUH looks like you are going to have to change your screen name soon... lol. Although there is an outside chance we land Suh still... We need a lot of help though.. First off we would have to lose against the Falcons and have KC win, then we are sitting at the 3 spot.. Rams pick Clausen or Berry and the Lions Pick McCoy, Berry or Okung.. Maybe that's a stretch I don't know but I wouldn't put anything past the Lions Scouting dept. and the Rams need to make a splash - plus they drafted back to back Dlineman with their #1 picks in 08 and 07 (Chris Long and Adam Carriker), do you think they want to have that much money tied up on Dline players? I can see the Rams trying to trade down to get Clausen and stock pile picks....
                            damnit! lol

At 4, how do you guys feel about OLB Rolando McClain? I know of Mr. Berry and respect his immense talent, but if McCoy and Suh are gone, I still feel like we should upgrade our front 7 before we pick up Berry. We could still have a shot at OLB/DE Sergio Kindle or DT Marvin Austin at the top of the second, IMO.

(I honestly haven't seen Morgan play, either.)

Comment

How can you name all of those runningbacks that we have to face twice a year and then say we should take Berry over Gerald McCoy?
                              Legacy I agree with you although I would hope the Buc's would pick best available Defensive player after Suh... I wouldn't mind McCoy over Berry all that much... And don't underestimate what Berry would bring to our run defense, just look at the Steelers run defense when Polamalu is playing and then look when he isn't... The post was from the begining of December and I kind of fell in love with the Idea of TJ, Talib, Ronde, and Berry as our secondary, as of now it looks like like McCoy would be the smarter choice..

As far as McClain BoynamedSuh I wouldn't mind picking him either just not at the 4 spot, this year's draft is pretty deep and I don't want to reach for a player if we don't have to... I look at what Clay Matthews and Rey Magalau have done and don't mind picking a top flight LB at all...

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information