Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bucs set up private workout for Brandon Spikes; Sign Ruud may be on way out?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wow, I'd love it if Buffalo traded for Ruud. Maybe package something up with Whitner and maybe another player or mid/late draft pick. You guys could then take the best DT on the board while also upgrading your safety position, may not be a bad trade proposal.

Comment

Ruud might be able to run with Forte in coverage (although Forte's speed isnt exactly anything to brag about), but Ruud can't play the run as well as Spikes.

Junior season Spikes was an INCREDIBLE player:

He must not have been at 100% Senior year:

With that said, I agree that we have too many holes to take a LB in the 2nd. If we can sign a SS in FA, the first four picks should be DT, WR, CB, DE in some order.
      save Freeman

Comment

Well if the Bucs got a better line in front of Ruud I think you would see him able to play like the work horse that he is, last year is not a judge at all with having Bates in there messing up the Tampa 2. Why Morris wanted to hire someone that messed with a good thing is beyond thinking. But if the Buc's dont want Ruud I hope he goes somewhere that the fans and the owners want him for he will play like a beast.

Comment

the only problem I have with Ruud is he did not step up as the leader of the defense, a role Derrick Brooks was surprised he never "grew into." If he truly is our best player and he is basically the "QB OF THE DEFENSE", he needs to step up and be a leader. If he can't do that, and he can't make any impact plays, then he is not worth a long term deal.

Comment

I like the trade scenario mentioned with the Giants and would trade for Osi or Kiwi straight up.

Then take Washington at 35. Not a fan of Spikes if we play a lot of cover two.

Osi, McCoy(or Suh) and Miller on the same line? sounds good to me. There would be a lot of talent there and youth there.

Comment

Well not everyone thinks Ruud is not talented
              http://passingonthegame.blogspot.com...rett-ruud.html

Comment

Originally posted by kstwild View Post
                Well not everyone thinks Ruud is not talented
                http://passingonthegame.blogspot.com...rett-ruud.html
                Anything on a blog like that can't be taken seriously.

Comment

If we could get Osi or Kiwi for Ruud I would do it in a heart beat. Not saying that Ruud is a bad player at all... In fact he's a good player and we would be getting back a good player in a harder position to fill which is DE.

But if I did this trade the MLB I would be looking to draft to replace Ruud would not be Spikes, it would be Daryl Washington and no he is not to small. He's the same size as our MLB from our top ten unit of all time Shelton Quarles.

Comment

I feel like Ruud's play dipped a bit last season, but with that being said we didn't exactly play well as a defensive unit at ALL last year..so it's hard to judge B-Ruud on that. I'm also among the thinkers that feel that if we improve our defensive line play... B-Ruud's play will improve. If we build around the pieces we have..I think we'll improve...and I don't think we improve by trading away players like Barrett Ruud. However..if we do go in a different direction I hope we take Washington out of TCU, or Spoon....Spoon is a STUD think he'd be a major upgrade over Quincy Black (who I feel is our weak link at LB).

Comment

Originally posted by BUC backer View Post
                      I like the trade scenario mentioned with the Giants and would trade for Osi or Kiwi straight up.

Then take Washington at 35. Not a fan of Spikes if we play a lot of cover two.

Osi, McCoy(or Suh) and Miller on the same line? sounds good to me. There would be a lot of talent there and youth there.
                      I didn't read this post before I put up mine... Nice thinking!

Comment

Originally posted by TornadoRex View Post
                        Why don't we keep the talent that we have, and use our draft picks on worthwhile positions?

Crazy idea, no?
                        T-rex is right. Is everybody from TBBB here?

Mike Will & V-Jax

Comment

Originally posted by V-I-P View Post
                          T-rex is right. Is everybody from TBBB here?
                          TBBB is the worst message board in the history of the internet.

Comment

We meet again, Caddy

Originally posted by Caddy View Post
                            TBBB is the worst message board in the history of the internet.
                            Your mum is the worst message board in the history of the internet.

"Frosties are corn flakes for people who can't face reality"

Comment

Originally posted by irishbucsfan View Post
                              Your mum is the worst message board in the history of the internet.
                              ^^

Pretty much every comeback at TBBB. The majority of posters there are big time fanboys with little knowledge of how things work. I left in early 2005 and haven't looked back.

Comment

Originally posted by Caddy View Post
                                ^^

Pretty much every comeback at TBBB. The majority of posters there are big time fanboys with little knowledge of how things work. I left in early 2005 and haven't looked back.
                                Come on, man. We've done this before, show a little enthusiasm.

And yes, most posters there are not great, but there is a group of seasoned football fans who know more football than anyone else I've ever read. When you know who to read and who to ignore it becomes a very informative place.

"Frosties are corn flakes for people who can't face reality"

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information