Happy?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Happy?

Just finished a Three Round Mock Draft on another site, and wondered how you guys would feel with my choices?
    If I can, I'll explain (if asked) who was selected before my/our pick, that way you'll have an idea of my options.

NOTE: this was started before Bradfords pro day.

Rd 1 - Suh and Okung are off the board, so the pic was an obvious one:

Gerald McCoy - DT - Oklahoma

Rd 2A - WR's Bryant/Thomas/Tate are gone, as are DE's Pierre Paul/Graham/Morgan, and CB's Haden/Wilson/McCourty, with Dom promissing "weopens" for Freeman, I went with the best available:

Damien Williams - WR - USC

Rd 2B - Looking for a mixture between value and need this pick was an easy one:

Chris Cook - CB - Virginia Chris Cook battled through a groin injury as a senior, but still had four interceptions and six passes broken up.

This next pick was the easiest and the hardest, I had three guy's in mind, Carlton Mitchell, Andre Roberts, and Dorin Dickerson, in the end:

Dorin Dickerson - TE/WR/FB - Pittsburgh

In Indy the 6-1/226 TE, ran a 4.4 Forty, Benched 225: 24 times and had a Vert of 43.
    In his college career, Dickerson played wide receiver, fullback, tight end and even linebacker, his versatility will be a key indriedient to any offense, especially one with Kellen Winslow in it.

I'm pretty pleased, BUT ARE YOU!?!

Just to add, here's the draft to date:

1 St. Louis Rams------Taylor091 ---Ndamukong Suh
    2 Detroit Lions------ bryanod-------Russell Okung
    3 Tampa Bay Buccaneers-----TJack-------Gerald McCoy
    4 Washington Redskins-------- Satan_Polaroi-----Sam Bradford
    5 San Francisco 49ers ------- LeedsCowboy-----Jimmy Clausen
    6 Seattle Seahawks----- Lord_Levy------Eric Berry
    7 Cleveland Browns-------leebladedawg-------Jason Pierre Paul
    8 Oakland Raiders------ HolyRoller10-------Taylor Mays
    9 Buffalo Bills ---------Goodfry-------Ryan Matthews
    10 Jacksonville Jaguars------ Rodgers2Driver------Dez Bryant
    11 Denver Broncos (from Chicago)----- VABrit-----Rolando McClain
    12 Miami Dolphins----------emeraldfin-----Brandon Graham
    13 Kansas City Chiefs (from San Fran)------ chris caulfield-----Bruce Campbell
    14 Philadelphia Eagles(from Denver via Seattle) -------- JB-----Joe Haden
    15 New York Giants------ dolphin_tom-----Sean Witherspoon
    16 Tennessee Titans----- ramezes-----Derrick Morgan
    17 San Francisco 49ers (from Carolina)------- LeedsCowboy-----Bryan Bulaga
    18 Pittsburgh Steelers-------- DTS737------Mike Iupati
    19 Atlanta Falcons------- Substitute-----Earl Thomas
    20 Houston Texans-----------woozer-----CJ Spiller
    21 Cincinnati Bengals------ 118 M Man #9-----Sergio Kindle
    22 New England Patriots-------- Bruschi 54-----Jared Odrick
    23 Green Bay Packers-------- Coombser-----Charles Brown
    24 Seattle Seahawks (from Philadelphia)------ Lord_Levy-----Trent Williams
    25 Baltimore Ravens-------LDB15-----Kyle Wilson
    26 Kansas City Chiefs -------- chris caulfield------Dan Williams
    27 Dallas Cowboys--------- Oselly-----Anthony Davis
    28 San Diego Chargers---------oglalakev-----Devin McCourty
    29 New York Jets---------BleedGreen-----Golden Tate
    30 Minnesota Vikings---------grazdf-----Maurkice Pouncey
    31 Indianapolis Colts---------Clint Session!-----Daryl Washington
    32 New Orleans Saints--------- DeanMoriarty-----Jermaine Gresham

Second round

33 Carolina Panthers (from St Louis)------ Smith89----- Demaryious Thomas
    34 Detroit Lions------- bryanod-----Brian Price
    35 Tampa Bay Buccaneers------ TJack-----Damian Williams
    36 Kansas City Chiefs------ chris caulfield -----Jerry Hughes
    37 Washington Redskins----- Satan_Polaroid-----Roger Saffold
    38 Cleveland Browns---------- leebladedawg-----Nate Allen
    39 Oakland Raiders-------- HolyRoller10-----Cam Thomas
    40 San Diego Chargers-------oglalakev-----Jahvid Best
    41 Buffalo Bills--------Goodfry-----Vlad Ducasse
    42 Tampa Bay Buccaneers (from Chicago)----TJack-----Chris Cook
    43 Miami Dolphins-----------emeraldfin-----Aurelious Benn
    44 New England Patriots (from Jacksonville)----- Bruschi 54-----Carlos Dunlap
    45 Denver Broncos------- VABrit-----Brandon Ghee
    46 New York Giants------- dolphin_tom------Tyson Alualu
    47 St. Louis Rams (from New England)------Taylor091-----------Colt McCoy,
    48 St. Louis Rams (from Carolina)------Taylor091------------Rob Gronkowski
    49 Arizona Cardinals ------ PhoenixFireBlade-----Everson Griffen,
    50 Arizona Cardinals(from Atlanta)-------PhoenixFireBlade -------Tim Tebow
    51 Houston Texans-----------Duper85-----Patrick Robinson,
    52 Pittsburgh Steelers-------DTS737-------Kareem Jackson
    53 Indianapolis Colts(from New England)--------Clint Session!-----Jared Veldheer
    54 Cincinnati Bengals--------118 M Man #9-----Jon Asamoah
    55 Seattle Seahawks (from Philadelphia)------ Lord_Levy-----Austen Lane
    56 Green Bay Packers------ Coombser-----Ricky Sapp
    57 Baltimore Ravens----LDB15-----Corey Wootton
    58 Arizona Cardinals------- PhoenixFireBlade-----Terrence Cody
    59 Dallas Cowboys--------- Oselly-----Morgan Burnett
    60 Philadelphia Eagles (from Seattle)--------- John Breitenbach-----Amari Spievey
    61 New York Jets----------BleedGreen-----Alex Carrington
    62 Minnesota Vikings-------- grazdf-----Montario Hardesty
    63 New England Patriots(from Indianapolis)---------Bruschi 54-----Mardy Gilyard
    64 New Orleans Saints-------- DeanMoriarty-----Greg Hardy

Third round

65 New England Patriots---------Bruschi 54-----Koa Misi
    66 Detroit Lions------ bryanod-----Toby Gerhart
    67 Tampa Bay Buccaneers------ TJack-----Dorin Dickerson
    -- Washington Redskins selection forfeited due to selection in 2009 Supplemental Draft
    68 Kansas City Chiefs------ chris caulfield-----Chad Jones
    69 Oakland Raiders ------ HolyRoller10-----Kelton Tindale

Comment

That Saints GM should be shot to hell

Comment

Originally posted by zachsaints52 View Post
        That Saints GM should be shot to hell
        Thats your problem ;o) lols

Comment

/waits for Caddy to lock this and ask that you post this in the mock draft forum.

Comment

Originally posted by ABoyNamedSuh View Post
            /waits for Caddy to lock this and ask that you post this in the mock draft forum.
            The issue I had with your post was it's excessiveness. All you did was post random mock drafts.

Just for the record Merlin, I think you could have gone in a few other ways. Williams is ok, but Benn was still on the board and has way more upside. I also would have looked at Griffen who slipped a lot in this draft. I'm not really sure why you drafted Dickerson.
            Last edited by Caddy; 03-30-2010, 08:31 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Caddy View Post
              The issue I had with your post was it's excessiveness. All you did was post random mock drafts.

Just for the record Merlin, I think you could have gone in a few other ways. Williams is ok, but Benn was still on the board and has way more upside. I also would have looked at Griffen who slipped a lot in this draft. I'm not really sure why you drafted Dickerson.
              I understand your thinking regarding Benn, but I see Williams as a player who can step in straight away and produce, he may not have the high risk, high reward status that Benn has, but I don't see that as a negative, and with respect, how much higher is Benns ceiling over Williams?

It's only MO, but I see Williams as the better all round pro?

I did consider Griffin, but we still have the likes of Moore etc, whom we really need to evaluate. Unlike most, I don't see DE as a, "must upgrade position", though I would love to see us grab 6'7/299 DE Clifton Geathers out of SC.

As for Dickerson, your looking at a 6'2/226 player, who ran a 4.4 forty, who has a 43 vert, those numbers don't come around too often, and with his versitility, I could see him in a number of different set's/formations. He and Winslow would give defences fit's, especially in a single set, remember he can play WR/TE/FB, mismatches abound in my book!

Comment

Originally posted by Merlin View Post
                I understand your thinking regarding Benn, but I see Williams as a player who can step in straight away and produce, he may not have the high risk, high reward status that Benn has, but I don't see that as a negative, and with respect, how much higher is Benns ceiling over Williams?

It's only MO, but I see Williams as the better all round pro?

I did consider Griffin, but we still have the likes of Moore etc, whom we really need to evaluate. Unlike most, I don't see DE as a, "must upgrade position", though I would love to see us grab 6'7/299 DE Clifton Geathers out of SC.

As for Dickerson, your looking at a 6'2/226 player, who ran a 4.4 forty, who has a 43 vert, those numbers don't come around too often, and with his versitility, I could see him in a number of different set's/formations. He and Winslow would give defences fit's, especially in a single set, remember he can play WR/TE/FB, mismatches abound in my book!
                Damian Williams just screams mediocre to me. It's not necessarily a bad thing, but I don't see him being anything more than a decent supplemental receiver. Benn on the other hand I think can be a true #1.

Griffen would have been fantastic value. Moore is untested and Stylez White is not only old, but should only be a 3rd down pass rusher. Griffen has size and pass rush ability.

I know Dickerson has great numbers, but he just doesn't play the way he times. His route running ability really handicaps him in my opinion. Not to mention we have little need for him with Winslow already our best offensive weapon. It's just a wasteful pick when we have so many other needs that could have been addressed instead.

Comment

Thats your problem ;o) lols
                  If I had a gun and knew where he was....

Comment

Just teasing.

Comment

I actually like Damien Williams; he came from a pro style offense, has knowledge of the route tree, and has a little wiggle to him(can make a few guys miss).

Dorian Dickson i only like coming out of the backfeild either a H back or a recieving fullback.
                      From what I hear he is not the best at running routes but might be able to slip out of the backfield and make a few 5-6 yard catches.

Sick Sig by the BONEKRUSHER

Originally posted by Raheem Morris
                      Stats are for losers, so you keep looking at stats and we'll keep looking at wins.

Comment

I know Dickerson has great numbers, but he just doesn't play the way he times. His route running ability really handicaps him in my opinion. Not to mention we have little need for him with Winslow already our best offensive weapon. It's just a wasteful pick when we have so many other needs that could have been addressed instead.
                        Hmm....ok, I guess we agree to disagree.

Who would you have taken in the 3rd?

Comment

Hmm....ok, I guess we agree to disagree.

Who would you have taken in the 3rd?
                          A ton of players. Dickerson is not only a wasteful pick for the Buccaneers, he was also a reach.

Comment

A ton of players. Dickerson is not only a wasteful pick for the Buccaneers, he was also a reach.
                            Don't need a ton...a few will do.

Wasteful....really?

Reach....IYO, Mayock stated he wouldn't get past the 2nd Rd....IHO.
                            Last edited by Merlin; 03-31-2010, 04:39 AM.

Comment

Don't need a ton...a few will do.

Wasteful....really?

Reach....IYO, Mayock stated he wouldn't get past the 2nd Rd....IHO.
                              Mayock is good, but some of the things he says aren't quite right. Robert Ayers one of the top players in last years draft? Yeah ok. I just don't think we can justify spending a 3rd round pick on a player with no pro position.

In your position I would have probably gone

Gerald McCoy, Everson Griffen, Arrelious Benn and Perrish Cox.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information