1) UT Amobi Okoye
    2) C Ryan Kalil
    2b) DE LaMarr Woodley
    3) OLB/ILB Buster Davis
    4) SS John Wendling
    5) WR Rhema McNight
    6) OLB Stephen Nicholas
    7) WR/PR Chris Davis
    Last edited by Bucs4242; 03-16-2007, 03:18 AM.

1) I assume he is taken due to CJ and JT being off the board. I actually think that Gaines Adams would be better, but that is just me.
    2a) Ryan Kalil seems to be a popular pick and it is quite a good one.
    2b) Lamarr Woodley might be to 1 Dimensional and not quite a good fit for 4-3 Defensive end.
    3) Buster Davis is too slow to play anything other than MLB in our D which makes this a poor pick.
    4) Wendling is a good pick and is good value in the 4th.
    5) Rhema McKnight is a solid pick
    6) Why would we take 2 LB's. If we didn't get Davis I could understand, but 2 makes little sense. Also might be slightly optimistic.
    7) Its a 7th rounder so I honestly couldn't care less

Didn't we lose our 6th to the Jets for Jolley.
    Last edited by Caddy; 03-16-2007, 03:28 AM.

Comment

2007 ROSTER...

offense

QB- Garcia/ Simms

HB- Cadillac, Pittman

FB- Alstott, Askew

WR- Galloway, Stovall, Clayton, McNight, C. Davis

TE- Smith, Becht

LT- Petitgout

LG- Buenning/ (Davis)

C- Kalil

RG- Joseph

RT- Trueblood/ A Davis

defense

RDE- Rice
      UT- Okoye, Carter
      NT- Hovan, Wyms
      LDE- Woodley

WLB- Brooks, Nicholas
      MLB- Ruud, B. Davis
      SLB- B. Davis, Nece

RCB- Ronde, Bolden
      SS- Phillips, Wendling
      FS- Allen
      LCB- Kelly, Buchanon

K- Bryant

P- Bidwell

Comment

Buster Davis is not quick enough to play outside linebacker in the cover 2

EDIT: Wyms is an UT and Quarles hasn't retired yet

Comment

1) I agree with you and prefer Gaines Adams. My belief is that Okoye would be the pick

2a) true that

2b0 difference of opinion, but I respect that. I lived in Big 10 country this fall, and watched plent yof BIg 10. I don't care for or have any bias for any programs in the BIg 10, but I was impressed by Woodley's abilities as a pass rusher. Very impressed with him as a football player

3) Another difference of opinion. I think there is maybe 1 LB in the draft that is quicker to the football than Buster Davis. I'm positive he could play all 3 LB positions in the BUcs defense. FSU teaches many of the same concepts on their defense and demands the same type of athletes as the Bucs

4) Thumbs up

5) We need 5 solid LBs...here is our youth...Nece, Ruud, Winborn................that's it! Add Buster Davis and Stehphen Nicholas makes plenty of sense. If you think about it the only draft picks the Bucs have used on LBs the past 10 years have been Nate Webster and Barret Ruud, and maybe Jamie Duncan? We need youth at all 3 levels of the defense

6) Im assuming we gain a 6th round comp pick for Dexter Jackson being lost in FA.

7) Chris Davis is a great athlete and will be exciting as a punt returner

Thanks for the reply
          Last edited by Bucs4242; 03-16-2007, 03:41 AM.

Comment

Wyms has played DE, UT, and NT and hasnt done any of them better than backup caliber. If it would make you happy, I will switch Wyms to UT and Carter to NT but in essence they are both glorified NTs at this point in their careers

Quarles is 35, has had more injuries than Steve McNAIR and as HUGE a Shelton Quarles fan as I am it is obvious he is going to be forced out of the game

That obviously wanst a complete depth chart, just wanted to give a quick run through of a projected roster. Aside from a few FAs that will inevitably (sp?) be added between now and July

Comment

Seeing as though you took the time to make one, I thought I might just create a quick one to.

1) Calvin Johnson | Might be slightly optimistic but would be the surefire pick if on the board.
              2a) Charles Johnson | Instant upgrade to the defensive end position and adds that extra pass rush we have been lacking.
              2b) Eric Weddle | At the very least provides safety depth and could start over Allen.
              3)Brandon Mebane | Has the potential to start at UT in the future and would feature in defensive line rotation untill then.
              4) Quincy Black | Can provide depth at linebacker and possibly be the heir apparent to Brooks.
              5) Allen Barbre | Strictly a developmental guy at OT who has the potential to be a LT. Can backup Petitgout.
              7) Steve Breaston | Strictly a kick returner

Comment

I like it a lot, even though I dont know much about a couple of the late round guys.

Calvin Johnson would be a great pick, but I think you are fooling yourself being so sure that CJ would be taken over Joe Thomas. Jon Gruden found success in Oakland behind a great OL. Until he has a great OL, he cant keep playing musical chairs at the skill positions the recipe just isnt right. In 2005 this team was very underrated and if not for an inconsistent OL we couldve made some real noise. In 2006 the OL made strides but were mostly flat on their faces with injuries and youth. We have to build this OL, I love the Petitgout signing but this OL is not set yet

Comment

Originally posted by Bucs4242 View Post
                  I like it a lot, even though I dont know much about a couple of the late round guys.

Calvin Johnson would be a great pick, but I think you are fooling yourself being so sure that CJ would be taken over Joe Thomas. Jon Gruden found success in Oakland behind a great OL. Until he has a great OL, he cant keep playing musical chairs at the skill positions the recipe just isnt right. In 2005 this team was very underrated and if not for an inconsistent OL we couldve made some real noise. In 2006 the OL made strides but were mostly flat on their faces with injuries and youth. We have to build this OL, I love the Petitgout signing but this OL is not set yet
                  Hopefully with Petitgout, Buenning, Wade, Joseph and Trueblood (not inlcuding potential draftees) we are able to start 16 games with the same 5 guys.

That was one of the reasons that Caddy had such a good rookie season. The O-Line was the same for all 16 games allowing a consistent relationship to be built up. We need that kind of relationship again.

Comment

Woodley is not a great fit as a base DE. He is short and better suited as a 3-4 OLB. Using a 3rd on Buster Davis would not be smart because we have Barrett Ruud as our MLB of the future, and Davis is not a good fit as an OLB in our schemes IMO.

I like 24cadillac24's mock a lot, I think you addressed our needs perfectly.

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

Originally posted by 24cadillac24 View Post
                      Hopefully with Petitgout, Buenning, Wade, Joseph and Trueblood (not inlcuding potential draftees) we are able to start 16 games with the same 5 guys.

That was one of the reasons that Caddy had such a good rookie season. The O-Line was the same for all 16 games allowing a consistent relationship to be built up. We need that kind of relationship again.
                      It sounds like Buenning's injury may carry over into a significant portion of next season.

Although Anthony Davis would be a solid starting LG in my opinion.

Comment

Those are both myths concerning Buster Davis and LaMarr Woodley. Strictly scout talk. I dont get caught up in all the hype that fluctuates after the season is over. Its funny to me how a guy can go from a top 10 pick, and to a 2nd round pick without playing a game. Demeco Ryans was a case of this happening, and it turned out great for the Texans

Woodley wasnt too short in college. But we can already label him too short for the pros?

Buster Davis wasnt too short, and anyone who watched him knows he has the speed, but of course draft gurus like to overanalyze every little detail until you have guys like Demeco Ryans dropping to round 2.

I like to evaluate these guys' talent by what they did in October and November, not February and March

Comment

No matter how you evaluate them, Woodley still doesn't fit our defense & Davis would be a backup to Ruud. The bottom line is that we don't need a first-day MLB and we would not take Woodley over several other DE candidates like Crowder, Johnson, etc.

Buster Davis will be a great player IMO, a slightly better version of London Fletcher, but his best fit is at MLB, and we don't need him there unless he falls to the 4th.

This Buenning talk worries me a lot, and it completely changes our draft plans IMO. If Davis shifts over to G, we will need a LT backup (Colmer maybe?). If Davis stays at LT, we will need to draft a LG. If Colmer plays LT & Davis plays LG, we will need to draft a RT. How this situation plays out will determine what position we draft (LT, LG or RT). After this is all cleared up, we still need a solid C on Day 1, or we can pray for some major cuts on June 1st from around the league.

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

Originally posted by etk View Post

I like 24cadillac24's mock a lot, I think you addressed our needs perfectly.
                            Except for center. However, if we do not get Kalil, I don't really see the point in drafting a center.

Comment

Originally posted by 24cadillac24 View Post
                              Except for center. However, if we do not get Kalil, I don't really see the point in drafting a center.
                              Samson Satele & Doug Datish......that's the only other point.

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information