If you could go back....

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If you could go back....

and trade our #3 and #39 pick in 2010, plus 2011 3rd rounder to St. Louis for the #1 and #65, so we can draft Suh, instead of McCoy and Price. St. Louis gets to sign Bradford for #3 pick money instead.(in this scenario we still get Benn at #35 instead of #39)

@ #65 we pick up CB Myron Lewis
    @ #67 we pick up DE Everson Griffen

(We continue to have the same draft afterwards)

Would you do it?
    Last edited by bullg8rdaddy; 11-07-2010, 06:40 AM.

"I don't do Pro Days, we send our scouts to those. I would rather spend my time watching film. The eye in the sky never lies. Functional Strength and athletic ability are the first things we look for in a college prospect." - Mark Dominik, Buccaneers GM

No. You're talking as if Price and McCoy are busts 7 games into the season. I said it all along before the draft I did not want Everson Griffen because he reminded me too much of Vernon Gholston, an athletic freak who would post insane combine numbers, but lacked football player instincts and not productive on the field.

Give McCoy and Price time (I know Price is injured, but was playing very well when healthy). When they were both on the field, they were playing excellent and generating pressure up the middle.

They just need to add talent at both DE positions and that will open things up.

So, honestly, no I would not do that deal because I would not want Everson Griffen. If I could go back, I would say draft George Selvie in the 5th round.

Comment

Cool. Thanks for humoring me, bro. I probably need to keep some of these thoughts to myself. lol

I like Selvie, too.

"I don't do Pro Days, we send our scouts to those. I would rather spend my time watching film. The eye in the sky never lies. Functional Strength and athletic ability are the first things we look for in a college prospect." - Mark Dominik, Buccaneers GM

Comment

Selvie has been performing very well this year. The talent along the Dline at SFU declined after his Sophmore season, and I knew he would have been a perfect fit in the tampa 2.

Comment

Working...
        X

Debug Information