Scott's New Mock (Apr-12)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scott's New Mock (Apr-12)

I knew instantly that his mock would create controversy on this board.

There is no way that you pass on a potential franchise LT or a potential franchise QB (both of which are huge long-term needs for this team) for a "phenom" who wouldnt even be in top 10 contention if he were the exact same player but 3 years older.

I know how some of you feel about Thomas and Quinn, so I do expect some support for the Okoye selection. But if we stay at #4 and select Okoye, I will puke come draft day.

I would love Michael Griffin at 2a, but would opt for a DL if we could have Weddle at 2b or 3.

In Scott's scenario, I would take Thomas at 1, Crowder or Charles Johnson at 2a, Moses at 2b, and Weddle at 3.

Originally posted by Booger View Post
    I knew instantly that his mock would create controversy on this board.

There is no way that you pass on a potential franchise LT or a potential franchise QB (both of which are huge long-term needs for this team) for a "phenom" who wouldnt even be in top 10 contention if he were the exact same player but 3 years older.

I know how some of you feel about Thomas and Quinn, so I do expect some support for the Okoye selection. But if we stay at #4 and select Okoye, I will puke come draft day.

I would love Michael Griffin at 2a, but would opt for a DL if we could have Weddle at 2b or 3.

In Scott's scenario, I would take Thomas at 1, Crowder or Charles Johnson at 2a, Moses at 2b, and Weddle at 3.
    You better get some good toilet bowl cleaner. The thing that everyone overlooks is Okoye is a great player and not just a super young phenom. With his talent he's Top 20 anyway and the age just makes his potential grow.

Comment

Originally posted by Tampa 2 4 life View Post
      You better get some good toilet bowl cleaner. The thing that everyone overlooks is Okoye is a great player and not just a super young phenom. With his talent he's Top 20 anyway and the age just makes his potential grow.
      So you draft a guy at #4 overall with top 20 talent?

I hope not, you take as close to a sure thing as you can get.

Comment

Okoye, Adams, Landry. I honestly would take any of these 3. Im really hoping we are innitiating trade talks with the Dolphins though, just in case CJ goes before our pick. I'd love to get one of the Phins 2nd round picks and then swoop up Landry or Okoye

I hate the Bucs 2nd round though

we could not possibly pass on Griffen for a WR

-sig by jkpigskin

Comment

Originally posted by Booger View Post
          So you draft a guy at #4 overall with top 20 talent?

I hope not, you take as close to a sure thing as you can get.
          Joe Thomas and Quinn are now sure things? I would rather have the Top 20 Talent guy with Top 3 Potential than the OT with the technique issue and the QB who can't win a big game.

Comment

best pick possible that can make our team better>sexy pick

-sig by jkpigskin

Comment

Joe Thomas and Quinn are now sure things? I would rather have the Top 20 Talent guy with Top 3 Potential than the OT with the technique issue and the QB who can't win a big game.
              I said as close to a sure thing as you can get; Quinn and Thomas are closer than Okoye to be sure things.

Not to mention the overall importance of a QB or a LT versus a DT.

I agree with -black, best available player trumps sexy pick. Although Gruden has proven in the last two drafts that he doesnt mind reaching on his guy (Cadillac and Joseph).

Comment

Why do you want a guy with top 3 potential when you can have a guy who is a top 3-5 player. That logic just confuses me a little.

Comment

Originally posted by 24cadillac24 View Post
                  Why do you want a guy with top 3 potential when you can have a guy who is a top 3-5 player. That logic just confuses me a little.
                  When did I say Quinn and Thomas were Top 3 Talent, They're Top 10 but not really amazing IMO.

Comment

When did I say Quinn and Thomas were Top 3 Talent, They're Top 10 but not really amazing IMO.
                    Reggie Ball could be a top 10 talent IMO but does that make him one, no.

Comment

Reggie Ball could be a top 10 talent IMO but does that make him one, no.
                      I agree with you to an extent, I just think if CJ is gone we definitely should go Defense.

Comment

On another not, I actually like Scotts Buc draft.

Comment

I agree with you to an extent, I just think if CJ is gone we definitely should go Defense.
                          I kind of agree with that too, I just don't want to see the Bucs reach on a player when plenty of other talented prospects are still around.

Comment

I kind of agree with that too, I just don't want to see the Bucs reach on a player when plenty of other talented prospects are still around.
                            I would like to see, as -Black said, to trade down to Miami if they want Quinn and they're not sure if Minnesota will take them or not. I think that'll guarantee us an Impact D-Lineman(Carriker, Okoye) or Willis, and maybe even Landry.
                            Last edited by Tampa 2 4 life; 04-12-2007, 10:00 PM.

Comment

I would like to see, as -black said, to trade down to Miami if they want Quinn and they're not sure if Minnesota will take them or not. I think that'll guarantee us an Impact D-Lineman(Carriker, Okoye) or Willis, and maybe even Landry.
                              I would like Landry, Carriker, Okoye, Adams or Anderson there, but we really don't need Willis.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information