No announcement yet.

2008 draft thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jerod Mayo plays OLB in the NFL. He's only a MIKE in a Cover 2. Tenn's LB are smaller and faster than other LB's around the country, and Mayo played ILB for one season due to necessity. He's too small to play it in the NFL. I say he'd be a great SLB for a team like the Giants or Eagles who like to blitz. Though, he may be the best all-around LB in the Draft.

I'm very high on Goff too. Absolutely love how he takes angles and his closing speed...
    Still Team The Ke$ha!!!

[@TDWinstead]
    Originally posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
    Damn Ke$ha is sexy.

Comment

• Goff will go second round, and we need him IMO
      But looking at needs, defense we need to wait on (Other than Goff), but on offense i fell a WR would be the right, like most of yall. So what about James hardy, how do yall fell about him?

Jay Cutler>Matt Leinart>>>>danman253
      XBL GT smitty js Go Vandy!!!!!!
      Chris Johnson son!!!!!!!!
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JoUr82vUx60
      http://www.bangcartoon.com/2007/pacman.htm

Comment

• Originally posted by smittyjs View Post
        Goff will go second round, and we need him IMO
        But looking at needs, defense we need to wait on (Other than Goff), but on offense i fell a WR would be the right, like most of yall. So what about James hardy, how do yall fell about him?
        IDK why, but Im just really starting to feel like maybe we should trade some draft picks for proven WR's who might be on the block, like Roy Williams, Chad Johnson, or maybe larry fitzgerald.

Comment

• *shrug*

Not a big fan of Hardy, but I'm not picky.

But a great TE would help the offense more than a great WR would. Roydell Williams and Justin Gage can get the job done. Paul Williams and Chris Davis are still young. Scaife didn't do anything for us this past season. Maybe draft a guy like Fred Davis and bring in someone via FA, like a D.J. Hackett. Hackett is my favorite FA WR.

Though, I'm starting to warm up to the idea of drafting Limas Sweed.
          Still Team The Ke$ha!!!

[@TDWinstead]
          Originally posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
          Damn Ke$ha is sexy.

Comment

• My WR draft wish list.....
            1) Malcolm Kelly
            2) Desean Jackson
            3) Mario Manningham
            4) Earl Bennett
            5) James Hardy
            6) Devin Thomas
            7) Limas Sweed
            8) Adrian Arrington
            9) Jordy Nelson
            10) Adarious Bowman

Comment

• Flip Manningham and Kelly and that's my list, too. Oh, I'd probably Hawkins above Bowman too. The main thing is that this draft is so deep at WR that I think we can get one in the second and go BPA in the first. It may be that one of those top three WRs is there and better value than anyone else at 24. That's fine, if it happens. But I'm thinking we could get a real nice WR or TE in the second.

Comment

• How about a OG, in the second?? Bell is a FA, and Olson is getting up there in age.....

Jay Cutler>Matt Leinart>>>>danman253
                XBL GT smitty js Go Vandy!!!!!!
                Chris Johnson son!!!!!!!!
                http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JoUr82vUx60
                http://www.bangcartoon.com/2007/pacman.htm

Comment

How about a OG, in the second?? Bell is a FA, and Olson is getting up there in age.....
                  Idk. I think we have a proven track record with later round O-lineman, plus the interior lineman from ncst. whos name slips my mind right now that we drafted last year will probably get his fair shot at the spot.

Comment

How about a OG, in the second?? Bell is a FA, and Olson is getting up there in age.....
                    I don't think we'll draft a OL in the first day. Amano played well in limited time and Leroy Harris has potential. Plus, Munchak has a history of scouting serviceable O-Lineman and coaching them up to be good, solid starters.

I'd expect...
                    1st Round: BPA (probably DL...maybe WR)
                    2nd Round: Either DL or WR (whichever we don't take in 1st Round)
                    3rd Round: Secondary (probably CB but depends on Pac's status)
                    4th Round: OG (potential starter)
                    5th Round: DL depth
                    6th Round: LB depth (either OLB or MLB)
                    7th Round: KR (WR or RB)

Comment

• I think right around the 4th-5th round area is the best spot to build for us to look at OG. Usually in that area you can find some young raw guys that can still be molded by a good coach. Plus once you get past the first 3 rounds or so the skill position players with actual skills start diminishing. Draft a WR in the 4th or 5th and he's likely to be a special teamer, whereas if you draft an interior lineman in that area you can easily find starters, maybe not right away, but 2-3 years down the road.

Comment

• im still high on branden albert, hes a train when blocking down hill

Comment

• Originally posted by stephenson86 View Post
                          im still high on branden albert, hes a train when blocking down hill
                          Yea but we'd probably have to use our first and i'm definitely not feeling that.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cashmoneydrew View Post
                            Yea but we'd probably have to use our first and i'm definitely not feeling that.
                            he could fall

Comment

• Originally posted by stephenson86 View Post
                              he could fall
                              IDK I feel like we can wait till round 3 or later.

Comment

• WRS
                                DeSean Jackson
                                Limas Sweed
                                Devin Thomas
                                Adarius Bowman

TE
                                Fred Davis

DL
                                Derrick Harvey
                                Phillip Merling
                                Pat Sims

Who would the titans take if all these people were available?

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information