Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Possible Relocation. Opinions about any of these places???

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Possible Relocation. Opinions about any of these places???

So...in the next 12 months, there's a good chance that I'll be moving to a new town.

Here are the possible locations:
    --Fayetteville, AR
    --Gainesville, FL
    --Carbondale, IL
    --Urbana, IL
    --Bloomington, IN
    --West Lafayette, IN
    --Columbus, OH
    --Ann Arbor, MI
    --Greensboro, NC
    --Austin, TX
    --Blacksburg, VA
    --Charlottesville, VA
    --Laramie, WY

Anybody ever been to any of these places???
    Good/bad opinions about any of these places???

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated...

Originally posted by MicktheGreat View Post
    Austin, TX
    If you like live music, a variety of bars, great restaurants and lots of hipsters, this is for you.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011

Comment

manchester england lol

Comment

VA recently instituted some insane motor vehicle laws - specifically speeding violation penalties. If you have a lead foot or enjoy driving avoid that state. $1200+ dollar speeding tickets.

IL, OH, MI - do you like the cold weather? I would avoid MI at all costs. It tops the list of economically famished states - to put it nicely.

A friend in Columbus loves it. A friend in G'boro loves it. Same for Austin, which is described well by Brent.

Wyoming seems so random . . .

Sig img shamelessly stolen from teh interwebs

Comment

Originally posted by FlyingElvis View Post
          VA recently instituted some insane motor vehicle laws - specifically speeding violation penalties. If you have a lead foot or enjoy driving avoid that state. $1200+ dollar speeding tickets.

IL, OH, MI - do you like the cold weather? I would avoid MI at all costs. It tops the list of economically famished states - to put it nicely.

A friend in Columbus loves it. A friend in G'boro loves it. Same for Austin, which is described well by Brent.

Wyoming seems so random . . .
          Thanks for all the opinions so far...keep 'em coming!

I'm a pretty reasonable driver so the VA speeding laws don't really scare me. I think I've only been pulled over once for speeding and that was like 5-6 years ago.

I've heard that Michigan is a pretty bad state. But I've also heard that Ann Arbor is a pretty cool city (by Michigan standards). I've been to Michigan once before -- went to a north-western town called Traverse City...it was pretty awesome.

Wyoming's on the list because it's near the mountains.

Comment

Been to Gainseville once. Not much to do there unless you're in college or a huge Gators fan probably.
            Credit to BoneKrusher for the Sig
            RIP themaninblack

Comment

so no move to england then :(

Comment

UGH, Wyoming?!?!?!?!?! You're kidding me!!!!!

Id NEVER...... EVER move there, then again im a city person who's lived in NYC or very Metropolitan NY my whole life.... adn a quick stint in Southside Pittsburgh
                LOUD & PROUD

NY GIANTS 4X SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS!!!!!

Comment

I live in Texas, but I do not recommend Austin, It is the capitol of the state. So traffic is horrid. Unless you like leaving for work 2 hrs early. Austin is a busy city. I know it's not on the list, but San Antonio, is better ~_^

Comment

Working...
                  X

Debug Information