Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Titans 2010 Draft/Offseason Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Alright guys, looking back, what do ya'll think about trading our 2nd RD pick this year for Jared Cook last year? Do ya'll think it was a good move, or do you guys think we could've gotten a better player (not necessarily a TE, but it would probably be a need this year) in the 2nd RD this year?
    Still Team The Ke$ha!!!

    [@TDWinstead]
    Originally posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
    Damn Ke$ha is sexy.

    Comment


    • Titans have re-signed CB Rod Hood.

      http://twitter.com/tennesseetitans/status/10381163712


      Kind've surprising. Definitely gives us more flexibility on draft day. Titans have addressed 2/3 top needs by signing LB Will Witherspoon and now CB Rod Hood. I don't see how DE isn't our 1st RD pick this year guys, but then again I suck at predicting our 1st and 2nd RD picks...
      Still Team The Ke$ha!!!

      [@TDWinstead]
      Originally posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
      Damn Ke$ha is sexy.

      Comment


      • Originally posted by TitanHope View Post
        Titans have re-signed CB Rod Hood.

        http://twitter.com/tennesseetitans/status/10381163712


        Kind've surprising. Definitely gives us more flexibility on draft day. Titans have addressed 2/3 top needs by signing LB Will Witherspoon and now CB Rod Hood. I don't see how DE isn't our 1st RD pick this year guys, but then again I suck at predicting our 1st and 2nd RD picks...
        Rod Hood adresses our CB needs lol okay w/e at least it's not Nick Harper. I hope we draft JPP if he is around or CB Kyle Wilson. I think we should trade Bo and LenDale for draft picks.

        Comment


        • About the 2nd round pick. I wish we would have just skipped over Mouton and used that pick on Cook instead. While both of them didn't really do anything this past season, at least Cook didn't cost us a game. (I'm still bitter)
          Also, a major reason we drafted Mouton was for his return abilities, yet here we are a season later and we are looking for a returner as one of our bigger needs.
          As far as the Hood signing goes, it seems like kind of an insurance deal to me. Even if we go DE in the 1st this year, we'll probably still need one more DE, so I wouldn't mind if we signed Babin either.
          Credit to BoneKrusher for the Sig
          RIP themaninblack

          Comment


          • Originally posted by Complex View Post
            Rod Hood adresses our CB needs lol okay w/e at least it's not Nick Harper. I hope we draft JPP if he is around or CB Kyle Wilson. I think we should trade Bo and LenDale for draft picks.
            Yes, Rod Hood addresses our CB need as in it was a proactive move to improve the position. He adds the veteran depth and experience that was desperately needed. He also had a pretty good season last year despite coming in midseason (Titans run a different scheme than Hood played in at Philly and Arizona). Does he fix our CB need? Hell no. But having an experienced veteran who can start if needed to and two youngsters with potential (Mouton and McCourty) already waiting in the wings for a year, the immediacy of the need decreases. We are no longer are in "Reach" mode when it comes to CB, so we don't have to worry about them possibly reaching for a guy...like a random CB/PR/KR from Hawaii that no one but D-Unit knows about...
            Still Team The Ke$ha!!!

            [@TDWinstead]
            Originally posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
            Damn Ke$ha is sexy.

            Comment


            • Originally posted by TitanHope View Post
              Alright guys, looking back, what do ya'll think about trading our 2nd RD pick this year for Jared Cook last year? Do ya'll think it was a good move, or do you guys think we could've gotten a better player (not necessarily a TE, but it would probably be a need this year) in the 2nd RD this year?
              i think its yet to be seen hopefully cook is stepping his game up and will be getting more playing time this year when he was out there i liked what i saw from a receiving stand point cant remember even being asked to block too much, he is certainly a receiving threat, do i think it was a good move... well not having a 2nd round pick does suck honestly

              Comment


              • They pretty much said when he was drafted that Cook would be used more like a WR than a TE. He won't line up next to the OL, and will be a gap away from the OT. Far enough away to be able to hit open field in a stride or two but close enough to chip the DE if need be. So think of him as more of a TE/Slot WR hybrid.

                Last year was pretty much a redshirt year for Cook. But anyone who's been following the Titans for a few years has that one player in the back of their mind that gives them pause on Jared Cook - Ben Troupe. *dark music starts playing*


                Yeah, that's frickin' Champ Bailey, in his prime, that he's vaulting over and leaving flailing. Super athletic TE with worlds of potential, but...he was dumb as a ******* brick. Couldn't grasp the plays and route tree that he had to operate in, so he busted despite performing a jaw-dropping play every now and then. He was a beast on Madden though! :D

                Cook isn't as fluid of an athlete as Troupe was. Troupe was more like a Jumbo Athlete and Cook is more like a Jumbo WR. So Cook is more polished I think, and may have faster straight line speed. That lends well to him having success in the way they're planning on using him. From what I've heard though, Cook is more than willing to block...he's just not that good at it yet, lol. Our OL is amazing, so his blocking isn't as needed and he can do his thing on the receiving end.
                Last edited by TitanHope; 03-12-2010, 04:59 PM.
                Still Team The Ke$ha!!!

                [@TDWinstead]
                Originally posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
                Damn Ke$ha is sexy.

                Comment




                • Is he the slam dunk pick now if available in everyone's mind?

                  Comment


                  • Hey titans fans, I was just wondering if Bullock played/can play SLB in Schwartz's defense? Does he have anything left in the tank?

                    PS I'm an EMU student and glad to see Jason Jones doing so well for you.

                    Comment


                    • GD Rufus, you're avy is greatness. As to your question, who knows? Going by what we currently have on roster, I do feel as though our first will be a DE. However, it just depends on how our scouts view Morgan in comparison to Dunlap and Griffen. Etc...
                      I wouldn't mind that pick.

                      Scotty. I do feel as though Bulluck could play SLB in Schwartz's scheme, but with this injury and his age it'll be tough for him to comeback 100% this season.

                      Jason Jones is a beast. Hope he stays healthy this season.
                      Credit to BoneKrusher for the Sig
                      RIP themaninblack

                      Comment


                      • guys how about gerard warren???? experienced guy big body, he could be a good run stuffin addition if he came chaply

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by RufusMcDaniel View Post


                          Is he the slam dunk pick now if available in everyone's mind?
                          I'd say slam dunk is an understatement. Morgan is picture perfect for our DL. GaTech did a lot of the same things we run in with their stunting and stuff. He'd make an instant impact in my view.

                          Originally posted by Scotty D View Post
                          Hey titans fans, I was just wondering if Bullock played/can play SLB in Schwartz's defense? Does he have anything left in the tank?

                          PS I'm an EMU student and glad to see Jason Jones doing so well for you.
                          We all love JJ. He was the biggest reason we weren't in despair after seeing Haynesworth leave. We expect big things to come from him, if he can stay healthy like Voodoo said.

                          Bulluck can play either OLB spot in Schwartz's scheme. In fact, there really isn't any WLB/SLB difference. It's ROLB and LOLB, and both sides have the same roles. Not sure about Cunningham's scheme though. He's got tons left in the tank, in my opinion. Some say he's slowing down, but he's still playing at a high level and aside from the ACL this year, he's been extremely durable.

                          Originally posted by stephenson86 View Post
                          guys how about gerard warren???? experienced guy big body, he could be a good run stuffin addition if he came chaply
                          Dunno. I haven't kept up with him, but I'd rather draft a big guy than bring in Warren. Oakland's run defense last year was trash too.
                          Still Team The Ke$ha!!!

                          [@TDWinstead]
                          Originally posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
                          Damn Ke$ha is sexy.

                          Comment


                          • I'd rather have anyone not named Jovan Haye. I made more plays last year than he did.
                            Credit to BoneKrusher for the Sig
                            RIP themaninblack

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by RufusMcDaniel View Post


                              Is he the slam dunk pick now if available in everyone's mind?
                              He reminds me of Justin Smith.


                              Anyways we might be bring back Nick Harper :) <

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by VoodooMonkey View Post
                                GD Rufus, you're avy is greatness.
                                In my time here I haven't represented the Titans well, so I decided to change that :D

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X

                                Debug Information