2012 Tennessee Titans Discussion!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I watched about the 1st 1/2:
    -VY looked awful. Seriously awful. 4/13..., he looked like he chose his recievers before the play, and he just threw the ball up. Huff almost had that interception...I just was not impressed by VY at all.
    -Chris Johnson...holy cow. Good pick, I like what I see, very explosive. Only negatives I saw was on one play he kicked it out, and ran sideways for about a 2yard loss. And I saw a lot of drops. I thought he was supposed to be an excelent catcher?

Everything else was solid.
    Vy was awful.

Originally posted by BeansDooma
    who retires first: brett favre or aaron rodgers?

Comment

• The Raiders came to play football on both sides. The Titans offense came to play 'practice forcing the ball to the WR over and over again while ignoring the blitz'. Against the Rams the Titans WRs barely caught a pass with all the running and TE throwing going on, and there are no position battles with TE and RB, so little was learned about the WR's. It made sense to gameplan almost exclusively targeting the WR's against a good pass defense in the Raiders to try and sort our the WR corps. I mean, the Titans aren't going into shotgun pass for the first 3 plays of a regular season game, let alone shotgun 5 wide like they did on the first 2 I believe. The problem came from the fact the Raiders D were playing regular season football with blitzes coming seemingly most downs and the Titans seemingly weren't interested in trying to counter it, instead sticking with minimum protections, maximum WR's to get them the ball as much as possible. It's no coincidence Kerry Collins had the same % as VY, because they kept it going when he was on the field too.

Johnson had an iffy day catching but the throws were pretty bad too. The two in the middle were Kerry Collin rockets to the facemask, and the wide one was low. Still should bring them in but it's not like they were gimme's.

Comment

• So.....

Any chance we'd consider going after Anquan Boldin if the Cardinals give him his wish and try to trade him?
        Credit to BoneKrusher for the Sig
        RIP themaninblack

Comment

• Originally posted by VoodooMonkey View Post
          So.....

Any chance we'd consider going after Anquan Boldin if the Cardinals give him his wish and try to trade him?
          Better then drafting Crabtree Harvin or anyone else in the next draft.

Comment

• Originally posted by VoodooMonkey View Post
            So.....

I would try to make it happen, but not if it would cost us what the Redskins were trying to give Cincy for Ocho Cinco

Originally posted by bearsfan_51
            Show me your Wang, if you will.

Comment

• I saw you guys extended Finnegan, nice job. He is a feisty guy, I like him a lot. Actually, he to me is the cornerback version of Steve Smith.

Comment

• Yeah, I wouldn't want to give away a whole lot for him but I would definitely love to see him in a Titans uniform.
                RIP themaninblack

Comment

• Titans is a good team, they can make all out. Football players need stamina for the entire game so how will they trained that much performance they will show.

============
                  peter
                  Tennessee Drug Treatment

Comment

• How will your defensive line shape up? Is there a chance Vickerson, Antonio Johnson, or Barry Booker not make the team? What about Jacob Ford?

Comment

• Originally posted by HinesWardJr View Post
                      How will your defensive line shape up? Is there a chance Vickerson, Antonio Johnson, or Barry Booker not make the team? What about Jacob Ford?
                      Pretty sure the two in bold will make the team. I'm kind of doubtful the other two will though. TBH I haven't even heard of Barry Booker.
                      RIP themaninblack

Comment

• Antonio Johnson has really impressed the other players and the coaches with his effort in coming back from injury. His spot is safe. I haven't heard much on Jacob Ford, but I wonder if he'll be placed on the PS in favor of William Hayes, a similar type of DE. Kevin Vickerson proved to be good depth when Haynesworth went down, so I think he'll make it too.

DE: KVB, Fisher, Hayes
                        DT: Haynesworth, Vickerson
                        DT: Brown, Johnson
                        DE: Kearse, Jones

I'm assuming it'll look like that right now. Jason Jones will be playing UT as well as DE, and I wonder if he moves there permanently if Kearse shows that he can be an every-down DE.
                        Still Team The Ke$ha!!!

[@TDWinstead]
                        Originally posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
                        Damn Ke$ha is sexy.

Comment

• I'm almost 100% sure they already cut Bryce Fisher TitanHope. My dad told me they did anyway. And even though I disagree with it, it seems like they are going to play Jason Jones at DT. To me that means Vickerson will be out and both Hayes and Ford will make the team.
                          RIP themaninblack

Comment

• Really? My bad. Well, if thats the case, then I really think Jason Jones will alternate between DE and UT this season. We have no one behind KVB and Kearse besides inexperienced, situational pass-rushers. Plus, can Kearse hold up over the course of the season? ...Whoo! Jacob Ford just knocked that guy the **** out!

EDIT: Well, after looking at the depth chart and roster, I could see Vickerson getting cut. It just depends if Antonio Johnson can play NT. If he can, then I can see Vickerson getting cut in favor of Ford, Hayes, or even Conover or Ball. If he can't, then I wonder if they'll use Vick and Johnson to man AH's spot in case he goes down. I agree that Jason Jones will probably become the future UT, but I think he sees a lot of action at DE and UT this year.
                            Last edited by TitanHope; 08-22-2008, 08:46 PM.
                            Still Team The Ke$ha!!!

[@TDWinstead]
                            Originally posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
                            Damn Ke$ha is sexy.

Comment

• A few cuts I was surprised to see from the Titans....
                              Calvin Lowry (Was our starting FS for a while last season, young, and brought depth)
                              Antonio Johnson (Young draft pick from last year, coaches have been raving about him all off-season, plus we don't have the best DT depth)
                              Biren Ealy (Only slightly surprised because he had a horrible preseason but coaches seemed to like him)
                              Ingle Martin (Had a great preseason but little chance to make the roster, hope he makes the practice squad)
                              Cary Williams (Only surprised because he was a draft pick and Titans are usually reluctant to give up on picks so quickly)
                              Roydell Williams (Our leading receiver last season, figured he'd be put on PUP)
                              Last edited by CashmoneyDrew; 08-30-2008, 09:46 PM.
                              RIP themaninblack

Comment

• I can't believe williams got cut, i'm pretty mad about that, and johnson was a surprise.

Jay Cutler>Matt Leinart>>>>danman253
                                XBL GT smitty js Go Vandy!!!!!!
                                Chris Johnson son!!!!!!!!
                                http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JoUr82vUx60
                                http://www.bangcartoon.com/2007/pacman.htm

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information