2012 Tennessee Titans Discussion!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by MicktheGreat View Post
    Personally, I'm not much of a Moses fan. He seems like a one-trick pony to me (pass-rushing) and we pretty much already have that in Travis LaBoy.

I'd rather have seen the Titans make a play for a run-stuffing DT -- maybe Kimo Von Oelhoffen or someone similar. That way, Tony Brown could rotate more with Odom on 1st-and-2nd downs (letting LaBoy come in on 3rd).
    Well, we got Corey Simon. He's not necessarily known to be a run-stuffer, but he's easier to hop over than walk around ...
    "A lot of people say this and say that about us, but thatís a good thing. We want to keep it low, and we donít want all the hype going with the Tennessee Titans. We want to just keep it low. Yíall just keep talking about us, talking bad about us, so we can just continue to go out there each week and show the whole world what type of football team we are." -- Vince Young

T-minus 1 year until the beginning of the Titans Dynasty!

Comment

• After all the cuts, here's what our roster looks like:

QB: Vince Young, Kerry Collins
      RB: Lendale White, Chris Brown, Chris Henry
      FB: Ahmard Hall, Casey Cramer (FB/TE)
      WR: Brandon Jones, Roydell Williams, Eric Moulds, Chris Davis, Paul Williams, Justin Gage, Biran Ealy
      TE: Bo Scaife, Ben Troupe, Ben Hartsock
      OT: Michael Roos, David Stewart, Daniel Loper (OT/OG)
      OG: Jacob Bell, Benji Olson, Eugene Amano (OG/C)
      C: Kevin Mawae, Leroy Harris

DE: Kyle Vanden Bosch, Antwan Odom, Travis LaBoy, Sean Connover
      DT: Albert Haynesworth, Corey Simon, Tony Brown (DT/DE), Randy Starks, Jesse Mahelona
      OLB: Keith Bulluck, David Thornton, Gilbert Gardner, LeVar Woods
      MLB: Stephen Tulloch, Ryan Fowler
      CB: Nick Harper, Cortland Finnegan, Michael Griffin, Reynaldo Hill, Kelly Herndon, Eric King
      SS: Chris Hope, Donnie Nickey
      FS: Calvin Lowry, Vincent Fuller (FS/CB)

K: Rob Bironas
      P: Craig Hentrich
      LS: Ken Amato (OL/LB)

PUP: David Givens
      IR: Antonio Johnson, Jacob Ford, Michael Waddell (?), Rian Long (?)

Practice Squad (a total of 8 players can be signed, excluding Winkler):
      DE Ulrich Winkler (PS exemption)
      LB Colin Allred
      QB Ingle Martin

Comment

• So who is going to start at Strong side safety?? FUller or Lowry??

Jay Cutler>Matt Leinart>>>>danman253
        XBL GT smitty js Go Vandy!!!!!!
        Chris Johnson son!!!!!!!!
        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JoUr82vUx60
        http://www.bangcartoon.com/2007/pacman.htm

Comment

• Safeties should be Hope and Lowry until the coaches say otherwise. Fuller can play safety, but he got most of his reps at NB.

Comment

• Fowler has been named the starter at MLB. Fish said that he plays the run better. It's in a Tennessean article.

Comment

• The depth chart on Titansonline.com has been updated ... finally.

http://titansonline.com/press_box/depth_chart/index.php

Some changes include:

Scaife starting over Troupe
              Cortland starting over Reynaldo and Griffin
              Moulds and B. Jones are starters
              LenDale over Chris Brown
              Fowler over Tulloch

All right, now we can rock and roll!
              "A lot of people say this and say that about us, but thatís a good thing. We want to keep it low, and we donít want all the hype going with the Tennessee Titans. We want to just keep it low. Yíall just keep talking about us, talking bad about us, so we can just continue to go out there each week and show the whole world what type of football team we are." -- Vince Young

Comment

• Originally posted by TitanAddict View Post
                The depth chart on Titansonline.com has been updated ... finally.

http://titansonline.com/press_box/depth_chart/index.php

Some changes include:

Scaife starting over Troupe
                Cortland starting over Reynaldo and Griffin
                Moulds and B. Jones are starters
                LenDale over Chris Brown
                Fowler over Tulloch

All right, now we can rock and roll!
                I'd much rather see Roydell starting over Moulds. I think we desperately need a speed-threat on the field to stretch DEFs; and (barring some miraculous improvement by Paul Williams) Roydell is by FAR our best deep threat.

Comment

• How's Bo Scaife looking?

Is he Young's favorite target? I heard he might get as many as 60-70 catches this year...

I took a HUGE gamble on the guy, I dropped Dallas Clark for him
                  (but I already had Vernon Davis...and I figured Clark might not get that many balls thrown to him, with Harrison, Wayne, Addai and Gonzalez in the mix already)
                  Doesn't matter if it is all fat, if he can move better covered in fat, more power to him. SAINTS-TIGERS

WHO DEY, ALL DEY, ERY' DEY

Comment

• He's definately gonna be the starter, and he'll always be one of Young's favorite targets. Plus we always seem to utilize the TE's alot in our passing game. So I figure he'll get his fair share of stats. He looked good in preseason except for 1 drop in the endzone.

The only problem is that he seems to get nicked up some. And has some knee injury history.

Comment

• Originally posted by MicktheGreat View Post
                      I'd much rather see Roydell starting over Moulds. I think we desperately need a speed-threat on the field to stretch DEFs; and (barring some miraculous improvement by Paul Williams) Roydell is by FAR our best deep threat.
                      I agree. I wouldn't worry, though. I bet Roydell gets plenty of playing time on Sunday.

Comment

• Random, fun question:

If you guys could go to ANY home game this season, aside from the Colts game which happens to be our first game at home (Duh), which would be it? You have sky box seats too, so weather or rival fans aren't a problem. You could get the ultimate Titans experience, which has to be at a home game (Duh again), what game would you like to see?

I'd have to go with either the Jags, Carolina, or San Diego.
                        Still Team The Ke$ha!!!

[@TDWinstead]
                        Originally posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
                        Damn Ke$ha is sexy.

Comment

• Originally posted by TitanHope View Post
                          Random, fun question:

If you guys could go to ANY home game this season, aside from the Colts game which happens to be our first game at home (Duh), which would be it? You have sky box seats too, so weather or rival fans aren't a problem. You could get the ultimate Titans experience, which has to be at a home game (Duh again), what game would you like to see?

I'd have to go with either the Jags, Carolina, or San Diego.
                          Home opener against the Colts, definitely. That is, unless we have a make-or-break, playoff implications type game late in the season. Then, I'd want to go to that one.

Comment

• I said aside from the Colts game, since I think that game would be the obvious choice for most.
                            Still Team The Ke$ha!!!

[@TDWinstead]
                            Damn Ke$ha is sexy.

Comment

• The Bolts, that game would have so many play makers on the field at once.....

Good to see Finnegan get the nod at CB. Also i really don't think it was a surprise to see Scaife get the nod over Troupe. Overall can't wait for the game vs the hags this week, Also is david Garrard starting....... if so then :)

Jay Cutler>Matt Leinart>>>>danman253
                              XBL GT smitty js Go Vandy!!!!!!
                              Chris Johnson son!!!!!!!!
                              http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JoUr82vUx60
                              http://www.bangcartoon.com/2007/pacman.htm

Comment

• Lol, Yup! David "Where'd the ball go?" Gerrard is starting the weekend. :)
                                Still Team The Ke$ha!!!

[@TDWinstead]
                                Damn Ke$ha is sexy.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information