No announcement yet.

2012 Tennessee Titans Discussion!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• yeah titanshope havent been around in a while. My computer in my room is broken so I dont get around here as much as i like. the only time i get on is once every few weeks when im at school.

Am I the only one that thinks that signing crumpler will be a waste of money? Do y'all really think he will be that much better than scaife when he seems to have had some knee problems?

I really hope we get either Goff or Bennett in the draft. Just wondering, what were both of there 40 times at the combine?
    Sig by PitBull

All-hail Bulluck

Comment

• Let me throw a name out there. Simeon Rice, it dosnt seem like anyone wants him anymore and would be a solid backup for Vanden Bosch. plus adding Kearse and Carter would be awsome dream starters and backups with very little drop off when the starter went out for a play. cant seem to gett better than that and add some young guys to learn from the vets would be ok im my book.

Comment

• Earl Bennett ran a 4.48, and I think Goff ran a 4.68

Comment

• It seems that Crumpler is in Seattle and will likely be staying there. This signals one of two things to me. Either Reinfeldt totally dropped the ball on this, as the recent meeting were with Crumpler and his wife and not just Crumpler and his agent, or Crumpler was asking for more that he's worth/his physical and health bothered the FO too much. I think Eric Johnson, TE, would be a good under the radar signing.

It seems like we'll be taking the "Wait 'n See" approach once again. I know Reinfeldt is a Cap Guru, but we can't wait and just sign the great "bang for our buck" type of players while the rest of the teams in the division are making significant signings to upgrade their team. We can't replace guys with players of lesser talent either, and expect to be more that the team who over-acheived.

I grew up with 3 sisters, and have had a girlfriend for over a year and a half, so trust me; I am a patient man. But for Reinfeldt to win over the Titans fans, we need to have a successful offseason. Both in FA and in the Draft.
          Last edited by TitanHope; 02-29-2008, 03:56 PM.
          Still Team The Ke$ha!!!

[@TDWinstead]
          Originally posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
          Damn Ke$ha is sexy.

Comment

• LOL at the dolphins fans thinking that 7 million dollars guaranteed to starks is a good signing.

Comment

• It seems like reinfeldt is gonna take the wait and see approach again.

Comment

• i want us to chase marion barber and randy moss so bad

Comment

• Id be happy if we just got Bell and Odom back.

Comment

• I was astounded at Starks' contract with the 'Phins too. Starks owes his agent a raise.

Not surprised that we haven't gone after anyone, but I am kind of surprised that Odom and Bell haven't signed with anyone.That kind of leads me to believe that the Titans are very much in the picture when it comes re-signing them. I hope around 5 yr/$25 mil./$10 mil. guaranteed for Odom. No clue for Bell, as he's more expendable than Odom.

Looks like the FA WR's are dropping. Jerry Porter, Donte' Stallworth, and Bernard Berrian are all off the boards. I guess Randy Moss, Javon Walker, Bryant Johnson, and D.J. Hackett are the last of the big ones. Maybe Jabar Gaffney too. Glad we re-signed Gage early. Berrian should set the bar for WR contracts, and I'm glad we didn't overpay for him.

If we want a #1 guy, then it seems Javon Walker and Moss are the guys to get. If we want potential, then Hackett and Johnson are the guys. David Patten and Jabar Gaffeny would be great slot guys. Jerome Mathis is a great returner too. There's still a lot of guys left who can contribute.
                    Last edited by TitanHope; 03-01-2008, 04:59 PM.
                    Still Team The Ke$ha!!!

[@TDWinstead]
                    Damn Ke$ha is sexy.

Comment

• IDK if I want Javon Walker with all of his health issues.

Comment

• any chance the titans look at Bobby McCray?

Comment

• I think McCray is a possibility, though I'd prefer to re-sign Odom first and fore most. Reinfeldt has said that he dislikes the FA's this year, and will not overpay like the rest of the teams are doing. If McCray is asking top dollar, then likely no.

And with the Reinfeldt comment said, I bet we take out crack at a #1 WR with the Draft. Plus, look at the bright side of all of these epic signings. It just means that the teams ahead of us will not draft players at those positiongs. No WR for the Vikes in the 1st RD. No CB for the Eagles or Detroit. No DT's for the NY Jets, Bills, or Browns either, and likely not one for the Dolphins at #1 Ovr. No MLB for the Saints. No OG for Seattle. Over paying by other teams in FA means that the other teams will blow their money, other teams will not be in the positiong to draft good players because of the huge money invested in vets, and thus players will fall in the Draft due to that. Only setback of course is inflation.
                          Still Team The Ke$ha!!!

[@TDWinstead]
                          Damn Ke$ha is sexy.

Comment

• glad to see we arent blowing the bank for people other teams DONT WANT, nor think are worth paying the money for, IMO if you build your team through FA then ur an idiot because your either bringing in cast offs or players who you will overpay, if you wait and pick up under the radar guys who never had a chance or who were never healthy (vanden bosch) then you can pay less but get good guys

Comment

• Originally posted by stephenson86
                              if you wait and pick up under the radar guys who never had a chance or who were never healthy (vanden bosch) then you can pay less but get good guys
                              ie. D.J. Hackett!!!

In only 6 regular season games, Hackett recorded 32 rec., 384 YDs, 64.0 YPG, 12.0 AVG, 59 Long, 4.8 YAC, 16 1stD, 3 TD, and no fumbles. Then in the 2 Playoff games, he got 8 rec., 116 YDs, 58.0 YPG, 14.5 AVG, 1 TD, and again, 0 fumbles.

If he plays, lets say, just 13 games, these are his stats: 69 rec., 828 YDs, approx. 64.0 YPG, 12.0 AVG, and approx. 6 TD's.

If he plays, lets say, and entire 16 game season, his stats go: 85 rec., 1,020 YDs, approx. 64.0 YPG, 12.0 AVG, and approx. 8 TD's. Those numbers in our offense are by a #1 receiver.

But of course, if "If's" and "But's" were candy and nuts...well, Vince Young would probably just overthrow him. ;)
                              Still Team The Ke$ha!!!

[@TDWinstead]
                              Damn Ke$ha is sexy.

Comment

• DJ Hackett for President!

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information