No announcement yet.

2012 Tennessee Titans Discussion!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So, let me get one thing straight here... We have a pro football team now, but they're in Nashville?

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
    they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
    Hint:Not the Bears.

Comment

• Does any1 know if DE Dave Ball is doing alright? He's a guy from my hometown that I know and I really hope he can make your guys team. I havent been able to find anything about him so if you guys know, I'd like to know too

"Just Win Baby"- Al Davis
      @SirStackAlot707

Comment

• Originally posted by TitleTown088 View Post
        So, let me get one thing straight here... We have a pro football team now, but they're in Nashville?
        Wut the heck?????

Jay Cutler>Matt Leinart>>>>danman253
        XBL GT smitty js Go Vandy!!!!!!
        Chris Johnson son!!!!!!!!
        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JoUr82vUx60
        http://www.bangcartoon.com/2007/pacman.htm

Comment

• Originally posted by RaiderNation View Post
          Does any1 know if DE Dave Ball is doing alright? He's a guy from my hometown that I know and I really hope he can make your guys team. I havent been able to find anything about him so if you guys know, I'd like to know too
          Sorry i haven't heard a thing, but there are a few guys on here that have went to tc, maybe they can answer that.

Comment

• Originally posted by TitanHope View Post
            The commonly held opinion that LenDale White is fat and lazy, along with the reality that he's a power back who can't outrun a DE or break a long gain, directly contradicts your notion - if I'm reading into your sarcasm correctly. The Titans have no RB like Chris Johnson, and there was no RB in FA that held the same skill set that Johnson possesses. The Titans had bigger positional needs and talented and highly invested RB's, but Johnson will be a breath of fresh air that many Titans fans have been gasping for.
            My sarcasm was that drafting a running back because you run the ball too much just doesn't make any sense no matter what his skillset is.

As for Chris Johnson skillset, he's supposed to be lightning to LenDale White's thunder. But IIRC, wasn't Chris Henry drafted last year for his size/speed combination?

That makes Chris Johnson the third running back taken early (first two rounds) by the Titans in three years. And as you said, the Titans had bigger positional needs than RB's.

Comment

• Originally posted by smittyjs View Post
              Wut the heck?????
              It's from cast away my main man.

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
              they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
              Hint:Not the Bears.

Comment

• Originally posted by Crickett View Post
                My sarcasm was that drafting a running back because you run the ball too much just doesn't make any sense no matter what his skillset is.

As for Chris Johnson skillset, he's supposed to be lightning to LenDale White's thunder. But IIRC, wasn't Chris Henry drafted last year for his size/speed combination?

That makes Chris Johnson the third running back taken early (first two rounds) by the Titans in three years. And as you said, the Titans had bigger positional needs than RB's.
                Titans #1 need on offense was for a #1 WR. Non in the draft stood out as such, so the next need takes prioity - speed and big play ability on offense. It doesn't really matter what position it comes in, it was sorely needed. I'm sure DeSean was looked at, but they obviously considered Johnson to be a better fit for that. He's not just a RB, he's being used out wide in camp as well. But it doesn't really matter, if you feel a certain player can add something to your team, it's silly to refrain because of something like that. For a running first team it isn't such a big deal anyway.

Also, the OC and RB coach was replaced this offseason so maybe they just thought Johnson was a better fit than Henry. If there's anything more foolish than taking 3 RB's in 3 years in the first 2 rounds each of the 3 years, it's not taking one you feel fantastic about because you're scared of what people will think. If they feel Henry isn't going to pan out, it's better to act than pretend otherwise.

Comment

• Originally posted by TitleTown088 View Post
                  It's from cast away my main man.
                  Lol now i know what your talking about

Comment

• Chris Johnson is a god :)

Comment

• Hey whats going on guys? I've been gone for a bit, school and work, but I finally got a chance to post. Watching the Titans preseason game and have a couple of notes to say after the first quarter and most of the second
                      -Chris Johnson is going to definitely help us out, whether it be out wide or in the back field. The poor man's Reggie Bush comparison looks to be pretty damn good, and he definitely seems like he can make a good secondary back for LenDale splitting equal time with him.
                      -Cortland Finnegan will be in the Pro Bowl this year, mark it down. Sure its only one game into the preseason, but he looks like a bonafide #1 corner. Pretty good for a 7th round pick huh?
                      -LenDale looks like he didn't lose any weight, but thanks to the monstrous line we have, he definitely can get 1300+ yards this year, even while splitting time.
                      -Jason Jones seems to be a very good pick in the second round, even though he made me scratch my head when we selected him.
                      -Young seemed alright, even though he only completed 3 passes. The footwork has improved, not always backpedaling now, and has shown the ability to step up in the pocket and look for the wide open receiver. The fact that we have Collins backing him up makes me feel good that if anything happens, the Titans can keep winning.
                      -Damn Reynaldo Hill!
                      -Crumpler will be Vince's favorite target, and will probably be the leading receiver in TD's
                      -

Originally posted by bearsfan_51
                      Show me your Wang, if you will.

Comment

• Seeing Chris Johnson isn't surprising what so ever, I knew people would bash that pick, and not understand it, but they will change their tune the more they see this guy play...I compared CJ and Felix all off-season, and from what I saw CJ had another gear Felix didn't have, and the way he ran away from people was incredible...Felix moves well in space, very smooth and fluid runner, if you give him an inch you could be looking at a 40 yd gain, give CJ an inch and its a TD, thats the difference, he will be a threat to score EVERY time he touches the ball, those guys are hard to come by in the NFL...He will make defenses focus on him, free up Lendale(who ran very hard also) and make everyone's job easier.

Its early but both Felix and CJ look to be special backs, great finds, but CJ has a rare acceleration/speed combo and I expect to see lots more long TD runs from him...Great pick guys, everyone else will start to come on board by mid-season and understand why they took him...I haven't seen Chris Henry look that explosive ever, and the proof is in the pudding, I saw all these things on his game film, and his game translates well.

Also can somebody tell me why I didn't see Lavelle Hawkins out there, is he hurt or what? Heard he has looked pretty good in TC.
                        Last edited by LonghornsLegend; 08-10-2008, 02:42 PM.

Originally posted by Scott Wright
                        I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

Comment

• Originally posted by LonghornsLegend
                          Also can somebody tell me why I didn't see Lavelle Hawkins out there, is he hurt or what? Heard he has looked pretty good in TC.
                          I saw him out there during the 3rd QTR. I remember him being the target of a hopped pass, and him take a wack at punt returning, though he didn't have a chance due to a touchback.

Right now, there's been a few injuries to the WR corps. Roydell Williams is still out, and Justin McCareins is injured as well. I bet the coaches decided to play it safe with some of the WR's, as they didn't want to lose more to injury.

But, since Hawk didn't see much playing time, it tells me that they value his play so much that they'd rather risk last year's draft picks like Paul Williams and Chris Davis than him. You've heard right about him having a great camp - he has a good chance at being the starting slot WR pending on Roydell's recovery.
                          Still Team The Ke$ha!!!

[@TDWinstead]
                          Originally posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
                          Damn Ke$ha is sexy.

Comment

• Finn got his contract extended through 2011, $17 million deal with $8.5 million guaranteed.

http://www.tennessean.com/apps/pbcs..../80815037/1027

Comment

• Why doesn't anyone talk about Justin Gage here? I'm expecting a breakout season from him this season.

Comment

• Originally posted by D-Unit View Post
                                Why doesn't anyone talk about Justin Gage here? I'm expecting a breakout season from him this season.
                                He's definitely been the most consistent WR so far in camp and the short preseason. I'd say he and Lavelle Hawkins looked the best when I was at training camp. I'd love nothing more than for him to get 75 to 80 catches and become our true #1. It would help out the rest of our WR's as well.
                                Credit to BoneKrusher for the Sig
                                RIP themaninblack

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information