Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Washington Redskins 2009-10 Discussion (4-12) Offseason Time!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by SeanTaylorRIP View Post
    BTW he's done it like a dozen times but it pisses me off what Ladell Betts does at end of games. Whenver we do a desperation hook and ladder play he always just goes down 30 yards short even when he can at least try to lateral it back. It almost seems like he just wants to get the stats, it just doesn't make any fcking sense. Why wouldn't you at least try to lateral it back. He had like 3 guys he could have lateraled it back to on the last play but instead just wanted to add 15 receiving yards to his stats. What a flipping bum.
    i read that rock was in the game towards the end because Betts was gassed. How can you be gassed? Your a freaking backup.

Comment

• You I was wondering why Rock was in there. Why the hell was Ladell gassed? First off he only got like one carry and was only in on no more than 7 plays, but hell man the defense was on the field for over three quarters of the game. Do kickoffs really make you that tired. Get this bum off my team. He's still living off his 8 game streak years back when really it had all to do with the line than anything else. I hope we can land a RB like CJ Spiller. I honestly think that getting a guy like Spiller while adding a versatile threat in its own would also make Clinton Portis that much better by limiting him to 10-15 carries. This is working for Baltimore as now having Ray Rice split carries has rejuvenated Willis Mcgahee. Portis with limited carries can still be a very dangerous back. I mean he's been worked so hard since coming to D.C. it's not surprising that he has lost his burst. Portis is actually pretty durable considering how much he has had to carry the load. I mean guys like Marion Barber and Brian Westbrook get hurt way more even though they have 2 to 3 legit backups.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
      http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
      Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
      http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966

Comment

• Originally posted by SeanTaylorRIP View Post
        I hope we can land a RB like CJ Spiller. I honestly think that getting a guy like Spiller while adding a versatile threat in its own would also make Clinton Portis that much better by limiting him to 10-15 carries.
        Id love nothing more than Spiller or Noel Devine in DC but I dont know that we can afford that luxury. We already need at least 2-3 OL this offseason and potentially a new qb (maybe even 2 if todd collins retires which I expect). We also could use an upgrade at cb (carlos rogers will be a fa, will tryon/barnes step it up?) and dont forget about linebacker (mcintosh set to be a FA and we already have little depth at the position).

Jarmon is another guy that I would like to see get into the rotation on Sundays. He looked great in preseason and even with Haynesworth getting double teamed, Daniels and Carter still arent getting enough pressure consistently.

If we make a strong move at Cowher (which I think we will), then we are looking at a possible starting 3-4 of:

DE: Griff
        NT: Haynesworth
        DE: Daniels (Anyone else?)
        OLB: Orakpo
        ILB: LFB
        ILB: McIntosh?
        OLB: Carter (Jarmon?)
        CB: DHall
        CB: Rogers? (Other FAs I like: Hobbs / McGee)
        FS: Landry
        SS: Horton

I'm not crazy about Carter at OLB since he didnt fare well in that position in San Fransisco. Daniels will be 35 going on 36 next year and there has to be someone better to fill that role. Golston I believe is set to be a FA. Montgomery could do it but I think he is a better fit to backup Haynesworth at NT. I think McIntosh could make a good 3-4 ILB but he is slightly undersized for it. Could Jarmon play outside? I never saw enough of him at Kentucky to know.

This is all just me thinking out loud because obviously it's a long shot that it even matters.

Comment

• Riggins tweeted this...

"There are team specific issues for sure and some individual issues for sure but the owner ultimately is a loser and you can't fix that "

http://twitter.com/riggo44

Haha...gotta love Riggins...and yes he "tweets".

Comment

• Originally posted by Dirty Thirty View Post
            Id love nothing more than Spiller or Noel Devine in DC but I dont know that we can afford that luxury. We already need at least 2-3 OL this offseason and potentially a new qb (maybe even 2 if todd collins retires which I expect). We also could use an upgrade at cb (carlos rogers will be a fa, will tryon/barnes step it up?) and dont forget about linebacker (mcintosh set to be a FA and we already have little depth at the position).

Jarmon is another guy that I would like to see get into the rotation on Sundays. He looked great in preseason and even with Haynesworth getting double teamed, Daniels and Carter still arent getting enough pressure consistently.

If we make a strong move at Cowher (which I think we will), then we are looking at a possible starting 3-4 of:

I'm not crazy about Carter at OLB since he didnt fare well in that position in San Fransisco. Daniels will be 35 going on 36 next year and there has to be someone better to fill that role. Golston I believe is set to be a FA. Montgomery could do it but I think he is a better fit to backup Haynesworth at NT. I think McIntosh could make a good 3-4 ILB but he is slightly undersized for it. Could Jarmon play outside? I never saw enough of him at Kentucky to know.

This is all just me thinking out loud because obviously it's a long shot that it even matters.
            I think the defense if very talented. Blache's 'bend not break' system is a crock of ****. That's not football. If Cowher were to come here he would light a fire under the defenses ass. Rex Ryan did that in New York. They give the opposite mentality of Blache, 'attack attack attack.'

Horton and Landry play they're halves pretty well when they are told to. I think we could get away with a 3-4 over the course of a year or two swap. Nothing overnight.

Would Cowher even want to come here knowing Snyder/Cerratto would loom over him? Seems like the Panthers job or something would be a lot convenient and less psycho.

Comment

• Call me crazy but Jon Gruden seems like the kind of guy Snyder wants and will be able to lure with a lucrative contract.

Comment

• Yea Snyder obviously will want a big name coach IMO because A) he wants to make his customary "big splash" and B) the Zorn hire (small/unkown guy) blew up in his face.

I wouldn't mind Gruden by the way.

Comment

• why the hell is blache starting reed over horton????

Comment

I'd put Fat Al at the 5-tech if ya'll ran the 3-4, and then move him inside on passing situations. He can definitely play NT, but he'd be a monster of a 3-4 DE with his combo of size, athleticism, and overall pass-rush ability. He'd even line up at 4-3 DE sometimes on the Titans.

I think that's the way the Ravens use Ngata. Ya'll just need a Kelly Gregg, or maybe take Mt. Cody in the Draft. The size of Haynesworth and Cody would allow a smaller DE to be able to round out the 3-down lineman, so could Jarmon fill that role? I'm not sure how big he is, but I thought he was around 6'3 280 lbs coming out of Kentucky.
                    Still Team The Ke$ha!!!

[@TDWinstead]
                    Originally posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
                    Damn Ke$ha is sexy.

Comment

why the hell is blache starting reed over horton????
                      It's the stupidest thing I have ever seen. Blache apparently said it's because of Horton's pass interference call which he considers to be the reason why we lost, lol. Come the F on Horton actually played it pretty well and was just a half a second too early. I guess the fact that he's been the only standout in the secondary wasn't enough to overcome that one play. I guess Landry getting burned isn't as bad. Blache is a fcking idiot. He doesn't have the balls to bench Deangelo Fall though because he's the big money man. I guess it's easy to bench Mr. Horton who plays 100x the worth of his contract. This is a cop out by Blache he wants to say there is a reason why the defense has been so bad so he figures Horton is the easiest guy to use an example without upsetting the vets. It's true that if Reed were on that play he wouldn't have interfered with the receiver, that's because he wouldn't have been within 15 feet of the receiver. Doughty is an awful liability in the deep ball game. I guess for Horton being #2 on the team in tackles even in front of Rocky and being #1 on the team in pass deflections wasn't enough for him to keep his job with Greg Blache's high standard of excellence.
                      Last edited by SeanTaylorRIP; 10-01-2009, 09:41 PM.

Comment

• i cant express my feelings over here cause im far too lazy but wow.

RIP, Sean Taylor.

Comment

why the hell is blache starting reed over horton????
                          LOL...this team is just a joke right now...I kinda wish I wasn't going to the game this sunday...I don't feel like booing

Comment

• " i cant handle the truth!"

Take it you guys have read/heard the george micheal radio interview,then today there is the jason laconfera piece in nfl.com about the real problem for the skins.
                            Danny needs to BACK OFF running this team and get some guys in who know how to run a team from top down.
                            Trouble is that is like admitting defeat after 10 years of failure.
                            Can danny do this?

Sad to say, but even if marty had a winning record and made the playoffs he would have been fired by the insecure owners.(fred+dan).

Wanted gregg williams/saunders combo to take over from Gibbs (no way this team would look so bad/unprepared)but it would never have worked as vinny and danny interfere.The skins get what they deserve-a head coach with no experience at co-ordinator and too much to fix.
                            It is up to the fans to DEMAND the owner changes his way-the media will gladly back you up.

A coaching change wont make a difference to the culture at redskin park.
                            I believe you can change the future-otherwise
                            "i cant handle the truth!"

Comment

• i may not love vinny and dan and what theyve been doing but i cant stand laconfera either. he is a bum and a redskin hater. has been for years. he takes every shot he can whenever he can.

Comment

• yay win. i dont care how ugly it was, it feels better than a loss to another bad team.

RIP, Sean Taylor.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information