Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Washington Redskins 2009-10 Discussion (4-12) Offseason Time!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• lol Might as well make a "Draft Discussion" Thread and a "Who will be the Head Coach" Thread

Thanks BoneKrusher
    IN SHAD WE TRUST

Comment

• If any1 of you guys have Dirty Thirty's # call/text him he is OTC for the forum mock

"Just Win Baby"- Al Davis
      @SirStackAlot707

Comment

• Originally posted by SeanTaylorRIP View Post
        Snyder would never buy into that. Grimm although a great Hog isn't a big named coach and recently got demoted from Coordinator. Also I don't think Snyder will like his tough nosed attitude, although that's what the skins need, unless they are an established name Snyder wants a media friendly coach. I really wish we could have landed Rex Ryan. Hell Danny Smith would make a better HC than Zorn.
        Grimm actually got promoted this year to run game co-ordinator and assistant HC. Even with that he has actually not done that good of a job with the Cards Oline so I am not sure if I would be that excited about him as a head coach (from a cards fan).

Comment

• from espninsider:

"Due to the number of injuries on the Washington Redskins' offensive line, the team signed Levi Jones recently, and according to the Washington Post, he could be starting as soon as this Sunday.

Jones was a starter for the Cincinnati Bengals for seven seasons, and will likely replace Stephon Heyer, who has a sore knee."

so this weekend we very well could be starting Mike Williams and Levi Jones as our left and right offensive tackles...this should be interesting.

Comment

• this offense amazes me every week.

RIP, Sean Taylor.

Comment

• Defense is just as bad. Jason actually wasn't that bad today when he was given more than 2 seconds to throw. The O-line is just so horrid. Our pass rush is great but our secondary is just bad, especially at tackling, an utter embarrassment.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
              http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
              Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
              http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966

Comment

• orakpo with two more sacks. nice.

RIP, Sean Taylor.

Comment

• More evidence that it's dumb he is playing LB. He is unstoppable at DE, add to that HB Blades can actually play, it just makes no sense.

Comment

• Is it fair to start labeling Landry as a bust? He was the 6th overall pick in '07. He made a couple nice tackles but he is more or less a misguided missile out on the field and he is our last line of defense at FS. Seems like he really developed bad habits somewhere and can't shake them. I would rather see him playing some SS if he is going to play that way. The whole secondary is playing really poor right now.

Stedman Bailey 2012 Stat Tracker:
                    12 Games, 106 Rec, 1501 yards, 23 TD's

Steddy Ambition!
                    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aOnISzeG2Ao

Comment

• Worst o-line in the league?

Also, I think D-Hall is now my most hated Redskin of all time. He needs to wear a dress when he's out on the field.

Comment

• i would not call landry a bust. he makes mistakes sure but he makes some hella nice plays too. hes still developing and i think the switch from SS to FS was a setback for him. yet ANOTHER coaches mistake. imo hes still an above average free safety in this league but not dominant by any means. he should be playing SS. that said i still think hes growing.

orakpo is a friggin beast. the guy is relentless rushing the passer. one on one he cant be blocked. if he played full time DE this year i have no doubts hed have close to 15 sacks.

it was nice to see marko out there making a couple grabs. i hope we continue to see more of him in the near future.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dirty Thirty View Post
                          i would not call landry a bust. he makes mistakes sure but he makes some hella nice plays too. hes still developing and i think the switch from SS to FS was a setback for him. yet ANOTHER coaches mistake. imo hes still an above average free safety in this league but not dominant by any means. he should be playing SS. that said i still think hes growing.

orakpo is a friggin beast. the guy is relentless rushing the passer. one on one he cant be blocked. if he played full time DE this year i have no doubts hed have close to 15 sacks.

it was nice to see marko out there making a couple grabs. i hope we continue to see more of him in the near future.
                          I agree, it seems the skins think they can get by on plugging guys in holes of need rather than finding a true player for that position. Landry had to play FS when Taylor died and Orakpo is forced to play SLB cause we have none. I think Landry is better suited for SS but he has the skill set if he gets coached up right to be a good FS. Orakpo will be a full time DE next year, or lets hope so ...

Stedman Bailey 2012 Stat Tracker:
                          12 Games, 106 Rec, 1501 yards, 23 TD's

Steddy Ambition!
                          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aOnISzeG2Ao

Comment

• Landry was a free safety at l.s.u. so with his speed why cant he get it done in the nfl?
                            Sixth pick for a strong safety who is having trouble hitting/tackling and wrapping up spells collosal bust.
                            i.m.o. his heart and head are just not in it.When doughty and horton play like that,they get benched.

Another thing i didnt get was Collins got the ball out quicker when he came in for Campbell(shame moss and sellars couldnt hold onto the ball) and yet despite Campbell being battered they put him back in again.
                            Three step drops and he still couldnt get the ball out,those at the game said our W.R.'s were wide open most of the game.

Also, i wonder what the saints paid to get C.B. Greer and F.S. darren Sharper.In the same ballpark as deangelo Hall?
                            Last edited by treyskins; 11-09-2009, 07:58 AM. Reason: more info.

Comment

• Originally posted by treyskins View Post
                              Also, i wonder what the saints paid to get C.B. Greer and F.S. darren Sharper.In the same ballpark as deangelo Hall?
                              greer was 4 years 23 million. ive always loved greer. hes a stud but not a flashy player so hasnt always gotten the love he deserves. sharpers deal i believe was only a 1 year deal and he has not yet received an extension.

Comment

• As of now Landry is a bust. He is the most unreliable safety in the league. Now if he ever puts it together he can be an elite safety but as of now he's the equivalent of a first round QB who has 20 passing TD's, but 25 INT's. I just don't see a safety right now in the league who is just such an unreliable tackler and doesn't play with his mind. He has so much aggression like a young Brian Dawkins but simply can't make the tackles so that makes him useless. He looks amazing out there flying around the place but unless you can make the play that's all show and doesn't help the team in any way. Our defense would be more stable with Horton and Doughty right now. I am so upset with how poor Landry is playing considering how much I love him and how I can see the absolutely rare tools he possesses. Still though if he can't put it together he won't be in our future plans which is so upsetting to think about. IMO he needs to be benched for a couple games to make him think and make him really go back to learning the basics and playing more sound.
                                Last edited by SeanTaylorRIP; 11-09-2009, 09:59 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information