Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Washington Redskins 2009-10 Discussion (4-12) Offseason Time!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 703SKINS202 View Post
    Completely agree. I would love to see Mason make the roster.
    i think Dominique Dorsey nor Anthony Alridge have as good a shot as mason. maybe more because of their potential as return men. but yes id also like to see one of the three on the roster.

Comment

Redskins Coach Jim Zorn said the release of veteran tackle Jon Jansen was difficult, because no coach wants to tell a 10-year veteran that he is done with the only franchise for which he has played. But he said the evaluation by the coaching staff - primarily Zorn, offensive coordinator Sherman Smith and offensive line coach Joe Bugel - made it a relatively easy football decision.
      "I stated, right when the offseason came about, that the [right tackle] position was going to be open," Zorn said this afternoon by phone. "We're going to see who is battling for it.
      "Jon, during March, he said he was ready to fight. I think he even said publicly that he was ready to be the player he is. He was going to come back and show that he can be the kind of player he is, he felt he was. I think when he came back in mini-camp, in good shape, in OTAs, in great shape, fighting hard.
      "But to me, in evaluating the situation with Joe, with Sherman, myself, just sitting down and talking about and watching, I didn't see a difference [from last season]. I'm looking for differences. 'Okay, this is different, and that's different.' I didn't necessarily see that."

Can't say that I'm surprised to see Jansen cut and to be honest I'm glad. Best of luck in Detroit Jon.

Comment

Originally posted by Dirty Thirty View Post
        Redskins Coach Jim Zorn said the release of veteran tackle Jon Jansen was difficult, because no coach wants to tell a 10-year veteran that he is done with the only franchise for which he has played. But he said the evaluation by the coaching staff - primarily Zorn, offensive coordinator Sherman Smith and offensive line coach Joe Bugel - made it a relatively easy football decision.
        "I stated, right when the offseason came about, that the [right tackle] position was going to be open," Zorn said this afternoon by phone. "We're going to see who is battling for it.
        "Jon, during March, he said he was ready to fight. I think he even said publicly that he was ready to be the player he is. He was going to come back and show that he can be the kind of player he is, he felt he was. I think when he came back in mini-camp, in good shape, in OTAs, in great shape, fighting hard.
        "But to me, in evaluating the situation with Joe, with Sherman, myself, just sitting down and talking about and watching, I didn't see a difference [from last season]. I'm looking for differences. 'Okay, this is different, and that's different.' I didn't necessarily see that."

Can't say that I'm surprised to see Jansen cut and to be honest I'm glad. Best of luck in Detroit Jon.
        Sad that Jansen couldn't stay healthy in the last 4 seasons but his release was necessary. We need to get younger as a team and specifically the Oline. I hope Rinehart and Heyer win the starting right guard and tackle spots and man them for the next 7-10 years. Probably wishful thinking, though.
        Sean Taylor - You'll always be missed but never forgotten

Comment

For some awful reason I think Mike Williams could be our starting RT, scary to think about.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
          http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
          Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
          http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966

Comment

Originally posted by SeanTaylorRIP View Post
            For some awful reason I think Mike Williams could be our starting RT, scary to think about.
            i dont know about starting off the bat but i wouldnt be surprised to see him get a decent amount of playing time based on all that ive heard from camp so far. CDF, I agree with you wholehearted on Rhineheart but not so much Heyer. With Dockery back though, I'm not sure if they are working Rhineheart more at LG or at RG to replace Thomas after this year. Either way, I'm a lot more comfortable with our guards than our tackles and center.
            Last edited by DiG; 06-01-2009, 08:34 AM.

Comment

i dont know about starting off the bat but i wouldnt be surprised to see him get a decent amount of playing time based on all that ive heard from camp so far. CDF, I agree with you wholehearted on Rhineheart but not so much Heyer. With Dockery back though, I'm not sure if they are working Rhineheart more at LG or at RG to replace Thomas after this year. Either way, I'm a lot more comfortable with our guards than our tackles and center.
              D30, it was my understanding from one of those "mailbag" sessions on Redskins.com that Rinehart was working at RG during the OTA right after the draft. I wouldn't be shocked if he beats out Thomas for the starting job especially since Thomas is still recovering from his neck surgery and hasn't participated fully in OTA's.
              Sean Taylor - You'll always be missed but never forgotten

Comment

http://www.redskins.com/gen/articles...tice_38824.jsp

Malcolm Kelly pulled in a pass on a slant pattern, adjusting his body mid-route because the throw was slightly behind him.

He landed on his knee and turned up-field in the same motion.

Finally, Kellys knee was healthy enough to allow him to flash the potential the Redskins saw in him in the 2008 NFL Draft.

He was back on the Redskins Park practice fields on Monday, full-go in his return from a bothersome knee injury.

It has been a long time coming, Kelly said after practice. I was anxious to go out there, run a route and feel the ball hit my hands.

Kelly has been running pass routes individually for the last month. The difference this week has been competing against defensive backs.

Its one thing to run against air, but when you have actual defensive backs, it makes it a little more complicated, he said. A lot of the route-running I was doing, coaches made sure I was cutting on the leg I had surgery on. My knee has reacted well for a whole month now.

Comment

From PFT:

A league source tells us that the Washington Redskins quietly extended the contract of receiver Santana Moss last month, creating nearly the same amount of cap space that was burned up when tackle Jon Jansen recently was cut.

Per the source, the Redskins converted his base salary of $3.7 million in 2009 and $4.3 million in 2010 into a signing bonus, less salaries of $745,000 this year and $968,500 next year.

The difference is a guaranteed payment of $6.28 million.

The new deal adds three additional seasons beyond 2010, at base salaries of $1.192 million in 2011, $1.4155 million in 2012, and $1.639 million in 2013. But we’re told that the three new years automatically void at the end of the 2010 season.

So why were the new years added? To allow the guaranteed payment to be spread over five years.

As a result, the total cap savings was $1.7477 million. And the Jansen cap charge was $1.726 million.

There also was a benefit for Moss; he received all of his 2009 pay and most of his 2010 compensation now.

go snyder

Stedman Bailey 2012 Stat Tracker:
                  12 Games, 106 Rec, 1501 yards, 23 TD's

Steddy Ambition!
                  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aOnISzeG2Ao

Comment

Question. In this ESPN article, it says LaRon Landry may be trade bait. Scroll down to Friday, June 5

Have any of you guys heard anything about this?

"He's the leader of the next great class of NFL players." - John Elway on Matt Ryan

Comment

Originally posted by d34ng3l021 View Post
                      Question. In this ESPN article, it says LaRon Landry may be trade bait. Scroll down to Friday, June 5

Have any of you guys heard anything about this?
                      He says its speculation, showed up today for the last OTA. Here's a good read.

http://voices.washingtonpost.com/red...y-aw.html#more

Steddy Ambition!

Comment

Yay James Thrash is retiring. Maybe now we can give a roster space to a veteran wide receiver who might actually catch the ball.

Comment

Yay James Thrash is retiring. Maybe now we can give a roster space to a veteran wide receiver who might actually catch the ball.
                          I get the feeling Snyder is going to go young and explosive at the 5th wr spot like a Keith Eloi or Marko Mitchell. Moss, El, Thomas, Kelly, and a 5th at the most probably. Who do you think gets the spot as of now?

Steddy Ambition!

Comment

mitchell signed today. im quite pleased with the decission. i think mitchells got some legit upside and could hopefully grow into a good role player in a few years.

Comment

mitchell signed today. im quite pleased with the decission. i think mitchells got some legit upside and could hopefully grow into a good role player in a few years.
                              He could still be released or ps I believe but I'd love for him to make the roster. He has so much potential as a vertical and redzone threat. I also wouldn't mind a vet like Roydell Williams who could actually make a positive impact immediately. Kevin Eloi intrigues me but aside from reading about his 40 time, vert, etc., all that I have seen him do is jump into a pickup in flip flops, lol. As a homer though I would root for Marques Hagans to stick with the team as he brings value as a returner, a decent quick/explosive receiver, and another gadget former QB who could run a wild cat type formation. I've always said he's a poor man's Randle El, although as a QB he had a much superior arm to El. He actually did pretty decently in limited playing time with the Rams.

Comment

He could still be released or ps I believe but I'd love for him to make the roster. He has so much potential as a vertical and redzone threat. I also wouldn't mind a vet like Roydell Williams who could actually make a positive impact immediately. Kevin Eloi intrigues me but aside from reading about his 40 time, vert, etc., all that I have seen him do is jump into a pickup in flip flops, lol. As a homer though I would root for Marques Hagans to stick with the team as he brings value as a returner, a decent quick/explosive receiver, and another gadget former QB who could run a wild cat type formation. I've always said he's a poor man's Randle El, although as a QB he had a much superior arm to El. He actually did pretty decently in limited playing time with the Rams.
                                I think our returner is going to end up being either Aldridge or Dorsey. I don't foresee both making the final roster. I like Roydell too but I'm rooting for Eloi, although I'd be fine with either. I think with so many young wrs on the roster it makes sense to carry 6 but i find it hard to believe that we will carry 4 rbs which makes me wonder if we may end up cutting rock. if we do keep 4 rbs and 6 wrs then im a little worried where we might end up being so thin.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information