No announcement yet.

Official 2010 Redskins Draft Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I decided to make a big board of guys I would like us to pick, assuming they are still there and also assuming we pick somewhere between 12-16

Big Board

Mark Ingram- Doubt he will be there when we pick but I love him for our offense and RB is going to be a big need this offseason.

Julio Jones- AJ Green will go in the top 5 but if we are lucky enough to snag Julio we will have to give it some consideration. Jones can get lost at times but I attribute that to him not being the #1 guy on their offense. I really like his physical skill set and think he projects to be a very nice pro player. Immediately we would have a guy who can move the chains and make plays, could also allow us to move Moss to the slot finally.

Donta Hightower- Yes, I know, 3 bama players, but **** it they're good lol. Need a thumper inside and I really like the way this guys plays.

Allen Bailey- Versatile and strong defender. Has a lot of hype but backs it up usually. Can play multiple posistions which we need at this point but ultimatley projects to the 5 tech DE for us.

Cameron Heyward- Again, a 5 tech DE that we desperately need right now.

Hopefully in the offseason we can adress a spot on the O-line and then look to fill other spots in the draft. Not a deep class though for o lineman. I would put our biggest needs right now as

WR
    D Line
    O Line
    OLB/ILB
    RB
    S

Pretty much we need all the help we can get, BPA should be the route for the oldest team in the league. Of course, we don't ever acquire picks to do that...

Stedman Bailey 2012 Stat Tracker:
    12 Games, 106 Rec, 1501 yards, 23 TD's

Steddy Ambition!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aOnISzeG2Ao

Comment

• not a bad list. i love what ive seen from marcell dareus depending on where we end up. of course right now he looks like a top 10 pick but you never know where he ends up or where we end up. i totally agree though that we should probably be looking for best player available among most positions. i would venture to say OT, SS and TE are the only positions id completely take out of consideration in the first round.

1. andrew luck
      2. patrick peterson
      3. marcel dareus
      4. aj green
      5. robert quinn
      6. mark ingram
      7. prince amukabara
      8. adrian clayborn
      9. donta hightower
      10. bruce carter
      11. cameron heyward
      12. allen bailey
      13. shane vereen
      14. julio jones
      t15. mike brewster / stephen good
      Last edited by DiG; 10-12-2010, 04:20 PM.

Comment

• Is O.T. Jammal Brown signed up to a long term contract?

Has he done enough to deserve a big contract?

Boston Coll. Anthony Castonzo not worth a look?

Or Pouncey/Wisniewski if the skins end up picking in the 18-25 range.

At the moment Offensive Tackle would be in my consideration.
        I dont think Free Safety would be on the skins' list as i would expect them to bring in a free agent to go along side Kareem Moore.

Comment

• Originally posted by treyskins View Post
          Is O.T. Jammal Brown signed up to a long term contract?

Has he done enough to deserve a big contract?

Boston Coll. Anthony Castonzo not worth a look?

Or Pouncey/Wisniewski if the skins end up picking in the 18-25 range.

At the moment Offensive Tackle would be in my consideration.
          I dont think Free Safety would be on the skins' list as i would expect them to bring in a free agent to go along side Kareem Moore.
          i like both brewster and stephen good more than pouncey or wisneiwski if they were to declare. too early to tell but i think they are better prospects for shannys oline.

even if brown doesnt get a new contract, i still dont think we need to spend another 1st rounder on a RT. personally, i would resign brown rather than have to find a replacement. we need to replace 2-3 interior lineman this offseason, so id rather not have to find a new rt too.

Comment

• Anyone tell me more on Baldwin wr from pitt. Scott has him going to us in his mock. Haven't seen him play yet.

Comment

• Originally posted by 2 Live Crew View Post
              Anyone tell me more on Baldwin wr from pitt. Scott has him going to us in his mock. Haven't seen him play yet.
              he's a very big receiver (6'5, 225) that has not quite lived up to expectations this year. there were a lot of hopes, given baldwins potential, that he would be the next larry fitz in pitt, and he has definitely shown flashes, but has been quite inconsistent.

he has good hands, great size, awareness, and gets surprisingly good yards after the catch considering he is not that fast. this is more because he is so physical and hard to bring down. when he is on, he is very good at going up and getting the ball at its highest point but when he is off, he struggles to get much better separation and he is not a very good route runner at this point. without great speed or route running, he's a guy that may take a couple years at the nfl level to adjust before he contributes.

big number 1 receivers like larry fitz, andre johnson, and calvin johnson were able to come in and contribute right away because of either their speed or route running. fitz didnt have the speed but he was a tremendous route runner coming out. i see baldwin more in the mold of james hardy, dwayne bowe, roddy white type prospects.

Comment

• Skins are currently 4-5 coming off a brutal loss. Looking at the rest of the schedule, it isn't pretty. It looks like we would pick 14th right now based on SOS but I think at the end of the day we end up picking somewhere in the 8-11 range.

Preferred RD1 players anticipated as gone at our pick:
                AJ Green
                Patrick Peterson
                Prince Amukamara

Mock

RD 1 - Nick Fairley, DL, Auburn
                RD 2 - Stefen Wisniewski, C Penn St.
                RD 3 - Trade /Jamaal Brown, OT
                RD 4 - Trade /Donovan McNabb, QB
                RD 5 - Steven Friday, DE/OLB, Virginia Tech
                RD 6 - Clint Boling, OG, Georgia

OR

RD 1 - Marcell Dareus, DL Alabama
                RD 2 - Ryan Broyles, WR Oklahoma
                RD 3 - Trade /Jamaal Brown, OT
                RD 4 - Trade /Donovan McNabb, QB
                RD 5 - Kevin Kowalski, C Toledo
                RD 6 - Andrew Jackson, G, Fresno State

Free Agency

Brandon Jackson, RB or Michael Bush, RB
                James Jones, WR or Santonio Holmes, WR
                Richard Marshall, CB

Doesn't really address FS or OLB opposite of Orakpo but fixing this franchise is a process and it will take a few offseasons to address all of our needs. Gotta take it one step at a time.

Comment

• Anyone else wanna see Rocky get a shot at OLB? It just seems as if Rocky should be playing outside and Lorenzo should be that thumper inside ala Levon Kirkland.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
                  http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
                  Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
                  http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966

Comment

• It's ashame we have to rebuild this crap roster with so few draft picks...just can't fill all the holes

They need to get some more draft picks some way...how would you feel about trading down with that first round pick?

Also, get rid of any guys on D that don't fit with the 3-4 and get picks if possible...Carter/Fat Al/etc...

Comment

• If we can't get Fairley I think trade down has to be the best option. Cameron Heyward in the 18-25 range would be a great pick. Also would love to get Justin Blackmon who is just above Julio as my #2 WR. Also don't sleep on an impact rusher like Von Miller.

Comment

• I'm all about Justin Blackmon but there are a lot of guys I would like. Pass rushing LB, 5-tech DE, WR, CB, DT like Fairley. Round 2 is going to be the most important I feel. I really like Rodney Hudson for our offense, hopefully he falls. I could see a guy like Michael Floyd falling to the 2nd as well.

Steddy Ambition!

Comment

• Free agency should help the WR position for sure, just about every free agent out there will be better than Roydell Williams and Banks really isn't fit to be more than a returner. Guys I am hoping we can land are Mike Sims Walker, Steve Breaston, and James Jones. Isn't even Santana's contract up this year?

Comment

• Originally posted by SeanTaylorRIP View Post
                            Free agency should help the WR position for sure, just about every free agent out there will be better than Roydell Williams and Banks really isn't fit to be more than a returner. Guys I am hoping we can land are Mike Sims Walker, Steve Breaston, and James Jones. Isn't even Santana's contract up this year?
                            I really like Breaston and MSW. Other notable free agents:

Sidney Rice
                            Randy Moss
                            Vincent Jackson
                            Santonio Holmes
                            Steve Smith-NYG
                            Donald Driver
                            Braylon Edwards
                            Malcolm Floyd

Steddy Ambition!

Comment

• im all about james jones. packers gotta resign tramon williams and cullen jenkins. not sure jones will be their first priority. if not, id love my boy torrey smith in rd 2 also.

Comment

• I saw the MD game when I was home over break. Cameron Chism caught my eye as a potential late draft pick. Looks like he has good size and can definitely hit not too sure about his ball skills. What are the MD fans thoughts on him?

Also what's been up with Kevin Barnes why did it take him so long to make the active roster? I read he was taking some snaps at safety.

Steddy Ambition!

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information