No announcement yet.

Washington Redskins 2010-2011 Discussion

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• McNabb leaving would set the Skins back at least three years imo unless Shannahan can find another comparable QB in FA. Not sure who is eligible next year but doubt anyone as good as McNabb will be available.

Stedman Bailey 2012 Stat Tracker:
    12 Games, 106 Rec, 1501 yards, 23 TD's

Steddy Ambition!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aOnISzeG2Ao

Comment

• How's LaRon Landry looking? I loved him coming out, and I know he hasn't lived up to it thus far (mainly since ST). But every time I've seen him and DeAngelo this year (another one of my favorites) they've been balling out.

Comment

• landry is a monster this year back at SS. this defensive scheme and coaching seems to be the perfect fit for him and is really letting him get the best out of his strengths. he still could use a better partner at FS but he's been dominating this year in his own right. as of now, i would be confident to say he is having as good a year as any safety in the nfl so far this year.

Comment

• Vegas has us as 2.5 underdogs. I know they're at home and getting their starting qb back... still kind of surprising.

Comment

• Originally posted by McBain View Post
            Vegas has us as 2.5 underdogs. I know they're at home and getting their starting qb back... still kind of surprising.
            Their offense is explosive even when they had Shaun Hill in there. They consistently score over 20 points a game. I fear if we get in a shoot out because honestly I don't know if we have the fire power to put up more than 24 points. Also if we can't get those turnovers or goalline stands we will be in trouble. Trust me I'd be devastated if we lost, but I think it's very possible and this game could go either way. We really need to run the ball well and control TOP. Hopefully we can contain Suh, and God help us in deep coverage against Megatron. I swear I will flip if I see Doughty covering Megatron at any point in the game. X factor could be Javhid Best if he's healthy. We give up the most receptions to running backs and he's a pretty dynamic receiving RB. I think we can limit him in the run game, but on those screens and dump offs I worry about guys like Lorenzo Alexander in space.
            Last edited by SeanTaylorRIP; 10-28-2010, 02:16 PM.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
            http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
            Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
            http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966

Comment

• Originally posted by SeanTaylorRIP View Post
              X factor could be Javhid Best if he's healthy. We give up the most receptions to running backs and he's a pretty dynamic receiving RB. I think we can limit him in the run game, but on those screens and dump offs I worry about guys like Lorenzo Alexander in space.
              Don't forget Forte was leading the league in RB reception yards going into last week. He ended up with 5 rec for 32 yards against us. All it takes is one big one to open things up though. A lot of this game will be scheming to hide our weaknesses because we dont necessarily match up too well against these high power offenses. Fortunately, I don't put Stafford even close to Peyton of Schaubs level.

Comment

• No Staff isn't on their level in terms of reading defenses, and consistency in the intermediate passing game, but he's just as talented with his deep ball, and all he has to do is give Calvin a chance down the field and it could be a big play.

Comment

Their offense is explosive even when they had Shaun Hill in there. They consistently score over 20 points a game. I fear if we get in a shoot out because honestly I don't know if we have the fire power to put up more than 24 points. Also if we can't get those turnovers or goalline stands we will be in trouble. Trust me I'd be devastated if we lost, but I think it's very possible and this game could go either way. We really need to run the ball well and control TOP. Hopefully we can contain Suh, and God help us in deep coverage against Megatron. I swear I will flip if I see Doughty covering Megatron at any point in the game. X factor could be Javhid Best if he's healthy. We give up the most receptions to running backs and he's a pretty dynamic receiving RB. I think we can limit him in the run game, but on those screens and dump offs I worry about guys like Lorenzo Alexander in space.
                  Yeah i know they have a good Offense and Suh could have a field day on our interior o-line... still, it's just not often you see a 1-5 vs 4-3 team as a favorite.

With this team would you take Blache's D or Haslett's?

Comment

• Originally posted by McBain View Post
                    Yeah i know they have a good Offense and Suh could have a field day on our interior o-line... still, it's just not often you see a 1-5 vs 4-3 team as a favorite.

With this team would you take Blache's D or Haslett's?
                    Definitely Haslett's because of the playmaking aspect. Don't forget Detroit basically beat Chicago if not for the whack Calvin Johnson call. Also they only lost by a field goal to the Eagles in Vick's breaktout game even though Shaun Hill was QB. The Green Bay game was another game they would have won had they had Staff.

Comment

Definitely Haslett's because of the playmaking aspect. Don't forget Detroit basically beat Chicago if not for the whack Calvin Johnson call. Also they only lost by a field goal to the Eagles in Vick's breaktout game even though Shaun Hill was QB. The Green Bay game was another game they would have won had they had Staff.
                      Don't forget the redskins basically beat houston if not for a whack ass last second timeout. Also, we only lost by a field goal to the Peyton Mannings. :P

As for the lack of Stafford and all, i think you could say the same thing with our outright lack of Haynesworth... we went a couple games without him and when he is in he isn't exactly doing what he should be. My point is, every team faces some level of adversity, it's the teams with the discipline to adhere to the system that stay in ball games and have a chance to win it. Look at our team, it's really tattered, we have a weak interior line, no consistent receivers, linebackers and linemen that don't fit the system. Yet, we beat the Cowboys and the Packers - that's two teams with established systems and playmakers that we took down.

This team may not make the playoffs this year but, i think, shanny has the balls to cut the fat and really turn the land dragons into a contender next year.

Comment

• Megatron vs this secondary scares me.

I think its time for Mcnabb and the offense to really show up here. We've gone against elite pass rushers every game and we finally get a break here. If the OL gives Mcnabb some time he can have a breakout game I feel like...you know he is going to have one of those games at some point this year.

Comment

• offense looks sooo ugly.

Comment

• O Donovan!

Care to have that INT throw to Armstrong back?

Fell apart after that.
                            Were heading for another unlikely win in the fourth quarter.
                            O-line,coaching,q.b. o dear.

Solid effort from the D(despite calvin johnsons efforts) and props to brandon Banks(twice remember) and keiland Williams stepped up well.

Suh is as advertised.

Comment

• I don't care who wants to defend him, fck Shanny. Worst of all is that he has job security so he could care less. Everything he's done since he's been here I've disagreed with. Shanny is as much of a bust big buck signing as Haynesworth is. Mcnabb is done in D.C. I'm sure Shanny doesn't want him back and I'm sure Donovan would rather go to the Vikes, or Cards, or somewhere that he doesn't have 5 Alex Barron's in front of him. So lets see going into the offseason we need a starting QB, a starting RB, maybe a starting FB, a starting WR, a starting LG, a starting C, a starting RG, a starting NT, a starting 34 DE, a starting OLB opposite of Orakpo, and a starting FS. It will be pretty easy to fill those holes with out plethora of draft picks and cap room.
                              Last edited by SeanTaylorRIP; 10-31-2010, 05:43 PM.

Comment

• Kyle Shannahan sucks dick too. **** this orginization. Hilarious that we wont even be able to resign McNabb, Eagles pwned us.

Stedman Bailey 2012 Stat Tracker:
                                12 Games, 106 Rec, 1501 yards, 23 TD's

Steddy Ambition!
                                http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aOnISzeG2Ao

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information