Forum Mock Trade Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Forum Mock Trade Thread

This thread is for trades that have been submitted that have either been approved or denied.

Don't comment on trades or advertise for trades here...use the general thread for that stuff.

Raiders Get
    7th Round Pick

Cardinals Get
    Andrew Walter

Approved

Comment

Arizona Gets:
      Marcus Spears, DE

Dallas Gets:
      Antrel Rolle, CB

Reasoning:
      The cowboys has been awfully disappointed with Marcus Spears. Although he is still the current starter in big D it doesn't mean the coaching staff is sold. In the 4th preseason game Marcus Spears was the only starter on the field in the 2nd half. He played into the 4th quarter. His lack of production is disturbing. The only reason he is starting is due to the injury concerns behind him. Antrel Rolle has been equally disappointing. Although being drafted higher than spears...rolle has been demoted to a nickel corner in which case he is still not getting it done.

So together two of these 2005 first round picks are getting a change of scenery. Rolle will look to get into the nickel defense and his physical nature should be a great fit for Wade Phillips and company.

Spears should allow that transition the the 3-4 a little more comfortable...spears can also still play on the 4 man line.

Approved
      Last edited by thule; 09-25-2007, 04:57 AM.

Comment

Chiefs get:

WR Justin Gage
        5th Round Pick

Titans get:

WR Eddie Kennison

<+fenikz> "**** the Police, ride my fischstache bitches"

Comment

Patriots get: 2nd round pick and 6th round pick

Titans get: CB Asante Samuel

Samuel hasn't gotten what he wanted from NE, and the Titans need someone to replace Pacman. This one's pretty simple.

Approved
          Last edited by thule; 09-25-2007, 03:26 PM.

Comment

Dallas Gets:
            Jags 15, 79, 175

Jacksonville Gets:
            Roy Williams and 31

Approved

OK...before i get some heat for being the trade commishioner I would like to point out that I brought this up to quite a few people. One person denied it which was D-Unit. Xio, Bsara, moc182, ccb all approved it.

Both teams really wanted this deal so in the end it past.

Jags Reasoning:
            Roy Williams is one the elite safeties in the league, and with Reggie Nelson, Reshean Mathis, and Brian Williams already in the secondary; it makes it one of the elite secondaries in the league. Along with a front four that is already solid and a young and improving linebacking corp this trade sets up the Jags with a good present and an optimistic future.

Boys Reasoning:
            Wade Phillips is forced to mold the defense around him...granted he is a great player and can make things happen that other safeties couldn't dream about but he also isn't the Roy Williams of his rookie year across from Darren Woodson. He hasn't exactly progressed his years in the NFL.
            Last edited by thule; 09-26-2007, 06:07 PM.

Comment

Jets recieve: Texans 7th rounder
              Texans Recieve: CB Manny Collins

reasoning: The Texans GM knows Collins better than anyone, and knows he'll be a stud. They also upgrade their weak CB group. The Jets recieve a 7th rounder for an undrafted FA.

Approved

Comment

Green Bay gets:
                Michael Turner

San Diego gets:
                2nd Round 15th Pick

Green Bay can finally get a consistant running attack with the arrival of Turner

Approved

Comment

Originally posted by thule View Post
                  Green Bay gets:
                  Michael Turner

San Diego gets:
                  2nd Round 15th Pick

Green Bay can finally get a consistant running attack with the arrival of Turner

Approved
                  since the picks have been changed for GB from 15 to 28. that may be a problem

<+fenikz> "**** the Police, ride my fischstache bitches"

Comment

Willis McGahee went for a 3rd and a 7th last year I still feel it fitting value if both teams still agree.

Comment

Giants recieve: LB Shantee Orr and TE Mark Bruener
                      Texans recieve: Giants 4th rounder, RB Derrick Ward

The texans get some more insurance behind Ahman Green as they don't trust No Gain Dayne.

Denied

That is a terrible trade for the Giants. You get a nonamed LB that is on pace for 27 tackles this year and is already 26. You get a fossil for a TE. Plus you give up a 3rd year RB who is running great for your team and a pick. No way

Comment

Originally posted by fischbowl View Post
                        since the picks have been changed for GB from 15 to 28. that may be a problem
                        Question... how many times will the draft order be altered? And, in this situation, what will happen with a previously-made deal?

Although the order might be "better" now, I think it needs to stay the way it was in the beginning.
                        Left NFLDC: 20080918.

Comment

Originally posted by TacticaLion View Post
                          Question... how many times will the draft order be altered? And, in this situation, what will happen with a previously-made deal?

Although the order might be "better" now, I think it needs to stay the way it was in the beginning.
                          There were only two first day trades that were affected by the change. Both trades still hold correct value and neither team has complained. No reason to go back.

Comment

Jags gets: CB Faggins, Texans 5th rounder
                            Texans get: SS Sammy Knight, RB Fred Taylor, CB Terry Cousin

Jags-I could afford to get rid of Fred Taylor due to MJD, same with Sammy Knight since I added Roy Williams, and I wanted to get a solid nickel corner to round out my secondary

Texans-i pick up a vet safety to my weak safety corp, and add some proven insurance to Green along with picking up a vet CB to tutor my insanely young CB's

Approved

Comment

Originally posted by thule View Post
                              There were only two first day trades that were affected by the change. Both trades still hold correct value and neither team has complained. No reason to go back.
                              Fair enough. We had a deal worked out that involved picks, but it's too late now.

That's the last draft order adjustment, right?
                              Left NFLDC: 20080918.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information