Clear All

• Fantasy Baseball Question

Would you accept this trade:

BJ Upton
    Troy Tulowitski

for

Edgar Renteria
    Josh Beckett

I'd offer a suggestion, but it would help if you provided your roster, and maybe some cursory details of your league.
    Pugnacity, testosterone, truculence, and belligerence.

Comment

if your getting Upton and Tulowitski then yes

Comment

It really depends on whether or not you're in a keeper league. Even then I personally wouldn't do it. I'd keep Upton and Tulowitzki.

Comment

First package is much better if you're in a Roto league... still give the each in a pts league for #1.
          "Compadres, it is imperative that we crush the freedom fighters before the start of the rainy season. And remember, a shiny new donkey for whomever brings me the head of Colonel Montoya."

Comment

I like the first package pretty much across the board, but you could make that deal if you really needed pitching.

I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

Comment

Upton/Tulowitzki package is way better. SPs are plentiful.

Comment

SP are the most overrated thing in fantasy baseball

i won a championship last year with all closers and middle relief guys, now they were the cream of the crop in those departments but it still worked

Comment

Originally posted by fenikz View Post
                  SP are the most overrated thing in fantasy baseball

i won a championship last year with all closers and middle relief guys, now they were the cream of the crop in those departments but it still worked
                  Depends on your league... I know in any of our leagues, if you don't have a true No. 1 SP, you're in trouble.
                  "Compadres, it is imperative that we crush the freedom fighters before the start of the rainy season. And remember, a shiny new donkey for whomever brings me the head of Colonel Montoya."

Comment

Pitching always helps, but you can't go wrong with having either side of that trade.

Comment

1st package

Comment

Alright chums, I could use your input on a recent trade offer proposed to me:

I give up:
                        1B Justin Morneau
                        2B Brandon Phillips
                        SP Edinson Volquez

I receive:
                        1B Prince Fieder
                        2B Rickie Weeks
                        SP CC Sabathia

If this was excluding the second baseman, I'd likely jump. I love B-Phill, he's the best 2B not named Utley in my mind and I drafted him in the 3rd as such when all the other 2B were available. The big problem imo is Griffey is in front of him in the order and that means he can't steal more bases.

Morneau was studly for me last year, for the first half at least - I think after that collision with the chest injury he just wasn't the same but I'm not if the stats directly match up. Plus he fulfills my necessary Fellow Canadian Quota! :) But I-need-to-stop-being-a-vegetarian Prince Fielder is just off to a bad start, like Ryan Howard last year imo. I think I could be getting a steal landing a Top Ten player.

I heart Eddy Voltage, I picked that dude up as a FA after the Draft and he's shut down teams so far (more impressive than Cueto imo), but to be able to use him to get Sabathia is tempting. I still have some hope for CC, I suppose.

Here's my full roster:

C Joe Mauer
                        1B Canadian Mighty Thor aka Justin Morneau
                        2B Brandon Phillips
                        3B Ryan Braun
                        SS Hanley Ramirez
                        OF Chris B. Young, Torii "Big Game" Hunter, Vernon Wells, Pat the Bat Burrell, Carlos Gomez (picked him up yesterday as a FA)
                        UTIL Carlos "Power of" Pena
                        BN 1B Paul Konerko, SS Orlando Cabrera

SP Josh Beckett, James Shields, Ian Snell, Eddy Voltage, Francisco Liriano
                        RP Jason Isringhausen, Joe Borowski [DL], CJ Wilson, Brian Wilson, Eric Gagne, Pat Neshek
                        Last edited by Geo; 04-17-2008, 01:47 PM.

Comment

I happen to think that Weeks can do close to what Brandon Phillips will do. The only concern you might have is that you have Braun, Fielder, and Weeks on your team. That's a lot of Brewers, though not bad options at all. I think that Fielder > Morneau, Weeks < Phillips, and Sabathia has more name value and tradeability long term than Volquez. I would almost say you could try to get away with not giving up Volquez. Try to move Liriano.

I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

Comment

I don't think he'll bite on Liriano, my guess is he's lookin ERA foremost (especially after the beatdown it's taken from CC) and hence Voltron stood out for him. To be honest I was considering making an offer involving Jamie Shields, so giving up Voltron is even better.

I think I'll just go ahead and accept.

Comment

Volquez isn't so sharp today. Still, you're getting bigger names out of this deal. It isn't bad at all.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information