SWDC AL-Only Minor League Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
    I think you might be the favorite to win this year, but you'll need to find production from unexpected places with your hitting.
    Thanks. I like it, but I realize that I do need help in my OF and luck at SS. ...and my RP ain't exactly elite. I'm hoping Scutaro can duplicate what he did last year, and my plan is for Lowrie to be my super utlitiy player. I hear they are planning to use him everywhere, so I hope his elgibility at other positions opens up as the season progresses. I have never really invested heavily on OF in any of my fantasy leagues. So going into the season I usually am always looking for help there. People just tend to hog up OFs in the draft while I'm trying to build my infield and pitching. I usually tend to have luck finding them in other ways (trade or wire). I got 2nd last year with a piss poor crop of OFs so my first pick this year was Granderson.

Comment

• Originally posted by marshallb View Post
      Excellent SP, although I'm not a fan of Dice-K at all, but as your #7 or 8 SP you could definitely do worse. I love Thornton this year and I'm a fan of McGee moving forward, but not sure if Maddon will hand the closers job to him this year. A couple other nice relief pitcher options there.

Mauer is as good and safe as it can get at C. I like Dunn a lot in Chicago, and once Youk gets 3B eligibility you'll have a very safe, solid player at a very shallow position there. I'm not a fan of Kinsler, but I know you are. He just can't stay healthy and he's just too big a risk for me, but he's good at a fairly weak position. You've got both potential SS in Boston, so you should be ok there although neither is that much, and you won't have anybody playing in the IF unless Pedroia gets hurt again. Not a fan of your OF, way, way too many risks there, minus Granderson who's ok but unspectacular. Jackson is set for a big regression and Manny has been on the downswing of his career for a while. I kind of like Magglio as a sleeper this year, but he's still a pretty big risk given his age and durability concerns. Thome will be ok, but I'm not sure how many at bats he gets as he wasn't getting many at the beginning of the year last year when Morneau was healthy, and the Twins will have to get Kubel, Mauer, and possibly Morneau at bats at DH. So you've still got essentially 2 starting hitting spots to fill and won't have much to do it with this late in the draft.

Nice minor league pitchers, but I don't see you getting much from the hitters. You definitely could move some of your great pitching depth for some hitters and likely will have to. Still a very good team, but there is quite a bit of risk involved hitting wise.
      I admit a little bias towards Dice-K. He did so well for me when he was a rookie. He saying a lot of good thing about being in good shape this offseason, but his performance the other day was ugly. I'll take it day to day with him and go from there. I absolutely love the batting support he'll get, so I think he'll get enough wins to make me happy.

I plan on working some magic with my OF. I know I have some issues there. :)

Comment

• Originally posted by D-Unit View Post
        I admit a little bias towards Dice-K. He did so well for me when he was a rookie. He saying a lot of good thing about being in good shape this offseason, but his performance the other day was ugly. I'll take it day to day with him and go from there. I absolutely love the batting support he'll get, so I think he'll get enough wins to make me happy.

I plan on working some magic with my OF. I know I have some issues there. :)
        If you're looking for some OF help, hit me up. I may be interested in moving one of my guys there. Looking for SS, 3B, 2B, and SP help.

sig by BK and avy by me
        Originally posted by A Perfect Score
        If a girl is sucking me off, and I look down and shes beating off a **** of her own, I am absolutely going to tell her to stop. 100% of the time. Explain that ****.

Comment

• Whos up in the draft?
          #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• Xio's up, did anyone let Brodeur know?

sig by BK and avy by me
            If a girl is sucking me off, and I look down and shes beating off a **** of her own, I am absolutely going to tell her to stop. 100% of the time. Explain that ****.

Comment

• I've sent a message to both of them.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.

Comment

• Player values for this year will be based off of this chart. Please note that the same rules apply as last year; if you pick someone off waivers and lose him, you'll receive no compensation.

http://games-ak.espn.go.com/s/flbdra...cht_sht_AL_xxx

Comment

• Originally posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
                  Player values for this year will be based off of this chart. Please note that the same rules apply as last year; if you pick someone off waivers and lose him, you'll receive no compensation.

http://games-ak.espn.go.com/s/flbdra...cht_sht_AL_xxx
                  So, these only matter if someone we drafted moves to the NL, correct?

sig by BK and avy by me

Comment

• Someone you draft, or someone you trade for.

Comment

• I'm going on vacation tomorrow morning so you can just skip the rest of my picks. I think there's only one or two rounds left anyway so it's not a big deal. I'll fill out the rest of my team when I get back.
                      #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• There are no rounds left, you have two spots left because of the trade. Fill them whenever you want.

Comment

• So, when can we expect for the rosters to be entered in?

sig by BK and avy by me

Comment

• I was actually waiting for the offline draft tools to be available, but I can put them in now. djp can just tell me the last player he wants and I'll enter him.

Comment

• If everyone could please list their rosters, that would be a big help.

Comment

• D, even with Hellickson promoted, I'm still pretty sure you have five minor leaguers, were you expecting someone else to be promoted as well?

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information