No announcement yet.

Funny Pictures Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This is rather old I can't believe I've never seen this before. But once I saw it I thought strait to our south conversation.
    Last edited by Brothgar; 01-06-2012, 10:25 AM.
    Stafford Sig by touchdownrams the rest of the sig by Sig Master Bone Krusher Avy by King of all avys renji

DEATH NOTE MAFIA SIGNUP!

Originally posted by njx9
    oh please. as if canadians even know what beer is.

Comment

• I do delivery too and I get paid $4 an hour + tips. Every day there are asshole who do not tip me for delivering food and get really upset if I don't have 20 cents on me to give them change back. I think tipping is a great concept, really bring out the best and worst out of customers and makes you have more incentive to do your job better.
      That is just horrible. When I delivered pizza I got $23 p/h, at least $3 per delivery and up to $5 for a delivery(depended on how far away) as well as getting to keep tips.

Honestly, it wouldn't be worth even going to work for $4 an hour. The tips and delivery fees basically covered petrol and other costs and the rest was profit.

That said, salary is for the win, though I wish we had flexi hours like the government jobs over here do(you do say 40 hours a week whenever you feel like it).

Props to BK on the sig!

Comment

• Originally posted by wogitalia View Post
        That is just horrible. When I delivered pizza I got $23 p/h, at least $3 per delivery and up to $5 for a delivery(depended on how far away) as well as getting to keep tips.

Honestly, it wouldn't be worth even going to work for $4 an hour. The tips and delivery fees basically covered petrol and other costs and the rest was profit.

That said, salary is for the win, though I wish we had flexi hours like the government jobs over here do(you do say 40 hours a week whenever you feel like it).
        Its not really whenever you feel like, but there is some wiggle room. A couple of my friends are govt. employees. One has to work 8 hrs./day, but the office is open 7 AM-6 PM, so he has some wiggle room to work like 10-6 or whatever. The other guy only has 1 hour each way, so his office is open 8 AM-6 PM.
        When I eat, it is the food that is scared.

Comment

Convert that $23 into American.
          Minimum wage when I delivered was $5.25. By the end of my delivery days, I had also worked up to a delivery manager who made runs, and was making $7.00 base salary. Depending on what organization you work for depends on what you make per run. I have had $.07 on the dollar per run or $.75 per run (flat rate). which one you receive really sets your strategy for choosing which runs to go on. There are also tons of legit and legal tips for making bigger tips, all which you learn very quick and not all of them are "stand out" obvious when considered in respect to "good service".

2 C 5:6-8 Jakob Murphy aka themaninblack

Comment

Damn and I only get $1 per delivery no matter how far it is. Sometimes I don't even have a delivery so I just make my $4/ph for the whole day.

Sig by: BK

02:40 *** Chucky quit #nfldraftcountdown
            02:40 <vidae> yay, hes gone
            02:40 *** Chucky joined #nfldraftcountdown
            02:40 <vidae> aww hes back
            Originally posted by fenikz
            we all hate you

Comment

• I have never had a pizza delivered in my life. I always pick it up.

Comment

• Originally posted by killxswitch View Post
                I have never had a pizza delivered in my life. I always pick it up.
                Yeah, me too. No real reason not to. Laziness is not worth $5.

R.I.P. Junior Seau

Comment

• Originally posted by broth223 View Post

This is rather old I can't believe I've never seen this before. But once I saw it I thought strait to our south conversation.

Comment

• Originally posted by ElectricEye View Post
                    Yeah, me too. No real reason not to. Laziness is not worth $5.
                    I have a gas guzzling pig of a vehicle. It's basically a push, in which case it makes more sense to spend my time doing something else that needs doin' and simply tip the money. Essentially, it allows me to multitask and therefore is more economical since I'm getting something else done.

Attack my laziness will ya?
                    I can justify anything. lol

Sig img shamelessly stolen from teh interwebs

Comment

• I get pizza delivered almost every weekend, and it is 100% worth it because it usually means no one is capable of picking it up.

Originally posted by WMD
                      Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
                      Originally posted by gpngc
                      I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jvig43 View Post
                        I get pizza delivered almost every weekend, and it is 100% worth it because it usually means no one is sober enough to pick it up.
                        Let's be honest.

Comment

• Originally posted by CJSchneider View Post
                          Please let me know which ones so I can get rich. It is against state labor laws to do that. Having managed a restaurant in college, I had to learn all about that.
                          Every place I've ever worked at, the waitstaff has to give a % of their sales to the bartender and bussers as tip out. It's standard procedure.

Never worked anywhere that tips out to the kitchen because those guys usually earn a good wage or are Mexican (or both), but I have heard of it at nicer places.

Basically, you tip because if you didn't and the restaurants had to pay these people a wage at which they would even consider working there, you'd have to pay like $25 for that cheeseburger instead of $10 + $2-4 tip.

Comment

• Originally posted by nepg View Post
                            Never worked anywhere that tips out to the kitchen because those guys usually earn a good wage or are Mexican (or both), but I have heard of it at nicer places.
                            Kitchen minimum is higher than minimum wage. Any place that makes you put tips in pool then divide, does so at risk and they know it. They count on the fact that most people think it is legal. They can't make you and they can't fire you because you won't.

Comment

• Originally posted by CJSchneider View Post
                              Kitchen minimum is higher than minimum wage. Any place that makes you put tips in pool then divide, does so at risk and they know it. They count on the fact that most people think it is legal. They can't make you and they can't fire you because you won't.
                              They don't "think" it's legal, they do it for the good of the whole.

They can't fire you, but you can sure as **** watch your shifts dwindle down to working mid-day on Tuesdays and not having your tables bussed or drinks not coming out very quickly.

Comment

• They can fire you if they want if you're are an "at will worker."

No contract, GTFO

Sig by: BK

02:40 *** Chucky quit #nfldraftcountdown
                                02:40 <vidae> yay, hes gone
                                02:40 *** Chucky joined #nfldraftcountdown
                                02:40 <vidae> aww hes back
                                Originally posted by fenikz
                                we all hate you

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information