Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who's Now: Another Reason To Hate ESPN

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=whosnow

Gotta love that a surfer and someone who hasn't even won a single race made the bracket over Albert Pujols and Tim Duncan. I truly hate ESPN.
    Last edited by Ewing; 07-02-2007, 07:52 PM.

dan(ica) patrick?

Comment

Originally posted by Green Bay Scat View Post
      dan(ica) patrick?
      Yeah it's amazing that they felt someone who hasn't even won a single race is a better athlete than Albert Pujols or Tim Duncan.

Comment

There was already a thread with this

Comment

Originally posted by BuckNaked View Post
          There was already a thread with this
          I searched and found nothing.

Comment

Not that I need another reason to hate ESPN, but this isn't measuring who is the better athlete, it's measuring who is more in the public eye and talked about.

Comment

http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...ad.php?t=10822

Comment

Originally posted by Ewing View Post
                Yeah it's amazing that they felt someone who hasn't even won a single race is a better athlete than Albert Pujols or Tim Duncan.
                They aren't talking about athletic ability at all. "Who's now" refers to who is getting the most attention--the biggest media pull. Like it or not, everytime Danica is on the track, she is the star attraction. She is the highlight whether she wins (not that it has happened, but just imagine it) or fails to even finish. Think Anna Kournikova, she was never a great tennis player, but she is a great celebrity. Albert Pujols is so "Now" that he didn't even win in the fan voting for the All-Star game.

Oldie but a goodie.

Comment

Originally posted by Ewing View Post
                  Note that it also considers off field buzz... which Duncan has none of. Altho I do agree he should be up there nonetheless. How Nadal isn't up there appalls me. Also, where is Henry of France (soccer). How on earth is Federer a 2 seed.

Projected win total: 55+

Comment

Originally posted by nobodyinparticular View Post
                    They aren't talking about athletic ability at all. "Who's now" refers to who is getting the most attention--the biggest media pull. Like it or not, everytime Danica is on the track, she is the star attraction. She is the highlight whether she wins (not that it has happened, but just imagine it) or fails to even finish. Think Anna Kournikova, she was never a great tennis player, but she is a great celebrity. Albert Pujols is so "Now" that he didn't even win in the fan voting for the All-Star game.
                    Danic hasn't won a single race. Her being the most covered person in her sport would be like the Devil Rays being the most popular team in baseball. It makes no sense at all. This is supposed to measure on the field success and off the field popularity? No amount of popularity can overshadow how terrible Danica is at her sport. As for Pujols he's far and away the best player in baseball. He's having the best start to a career since Ted Williams while averaging 43 homers, 129 RBI's, and a .330 average a season.

Comment

Kelly Slater is greater to surfing than Micheal Jordan is to basketball, Tiger Woods is to golf, whatever else you want to throw out there. Also surfers are every bit athletic as athletes from major sports. Try just paddling out in a good break some time.

Comment

Originally posted by fryman View Post
                        Kelly Slater is greater to surfing than Micheal Jordan is to basketball, Tiger Woods is to golf, whatever else you want to throw out there. Also surfers are every bit athletic as athletes from major sports. Try just paddling out in a good break some time.
                        Extreme sports get no love. Shaun White a 5 seed, even though he has 11 x games gold medals and did it in 2 different sports.
                        CHRIS PETERSEN > STEVE SARKISIAN AND JIM MORA. CALL ME WHEN ONE MAKES A BCS BOWL.

Originally posted by slightlyabroncosfan
                        JBalla is mormon, so naturally he assumes that whenever you get one marriage done, another two or five are in the works.

Comment

SC is just looking for time to fill since the only main sport in progress right now is MLB. It's complete ********.

PM me for sig requests
                          Originally posted by Sean Connery
                          Suck it Trebek!

Comment

Originally posted by fryman View Post
                            What is Slater's net worth?

Comment

This thing is a joke. They were discussing Leinart and they're saying "he's been linked with Paris Hilton and Britney Spears." And I was trying to figure out if that was a positive or a negative.
                              The Brian Sabean sig is no more. I disagreed with you on so many levels. And then you went out and built a dynasty. I am lame.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information