No announcement yet.

The Official Harry Potter Discussion Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I only wish the movies were only lagging one book behind, it'd make for a nice, quick refresher going into the next chapter of the story. I actually remember reading year 5 and almost wanting to give up though. So much circling and setup in the first half of that book. Took a long time to get moving, the reviews I've heard of its movie though have all been really good. This might be one of the few movies this summer I'm not going to wait to see on DVD.

Comment

Originally posted by wiscbadgerfootball View Post
      I thought she said this is the last book..

anyway, Harry can't become an auror right? he didn't get an O in Potions
      Yeah, she definitely said this is the last book period. And yes, Harry can become an auror because Slughorn only required an E in the Potions O.W.L., which is why Harry continued taking it.

Comment

Originally posted by RoyHall#1 View Post
        Yeah, she definitely said this is the last book period. And yes, Harry can become an auror because Slughorn only required an E in the Potions O.W.L., which is why Harry continued taking it.
        yeah I forgot about that.. just rereading it now lol

sig by me.. first in ages, pm with requests

Comment

[*]Question 1: Who Will Live? Who Will Die?Voldemort will die, I think either Bill or Charlie along with 1 or both of the twins will die, and maybe Hermione. And Grawp will probably be killed by his giant friends.
          [*]Question 2: Is Snape Good or Evil? This is obvious to me, Snape is 100% good. Dumbledore wasn't wrong in trusting Snape, but Snape does hate Harry. Dumbledore, I think, was arguing with Snape about killing him. Snape didn't want to, but I think Dumbledore made him for reasons unknown... although personally I think Fawkes is Dumbledore's horcrux. It did say on his chocolate frog card that he defeated the dark wizard Grindelwald.
          [*]Question 3: Will Hogwarts Reopen? Yes, I think Mcgonnagal will be headmistress. Like someone else said, they're not going to have an 800 page book without the school playing a significant role.
          [*]Question 4: Who Winds Up With Whom? Luna and Neville, Ron and Hermione, Tonks and Lupin, and Umbridge with Malfoy.
          [*]Question 5: What/Where are the Horcruxes? Basically what others said, although I think the barman has the locket because I think Mundungus sold it to him.
          [*]Question 6: Will Voldemort Be Defeated? These are kid's books we're talking about. Bad guy's not going to win.
          [*]Question 7: What are the Deathly Hallows? Harry's parent's cemetery

Comment

Originally posted by RoyHall#1 View Post
            [*]Question 1: Who Will Live? Who Will Die?Voldemort will die, I think either Bill or Charlie along with 1 or both of the twins will die, and maybe Hermione. And Grawp will probably be killed by his giant friends.[*]Question 2: Is Snape Good or Evil? This is obvious to me, Snape is 100% good. Dumbledore wasn't wrong in trusting Snape, but Snape does hate Harry. Dumbledore, I think, was arguing with Snape about killing him. Snape didn't want to, but I think Dumbledore made him for reasons unknown... although personally I think Fawkes is Dumbledore's horcrux. It did say on his chocolate frog card that he defeated the dark wizard Grindelwald.[*]Question 3: Will Hogwarts Reopen? Yes, I think Mcgonnagal will be headmistress. Like someone else said, they're not going to have an 800 page book without the school playing a significant role.[*]Question 4: Who Winds Up With Whom? Luna and Neville, Ron and Hermione, Tonks and Lupin, and Umbridge with Malfoy.[*]Question 5: What/Where are the Horcruxes? Basically what others said, although I think the barman has the locket because I think Mundungus sold it to him.[*]Question 6: Will Voldemort Be Defeated? These are kid's books we're talking about. Bad guy's not going to win.[*]Question 7: What are the Deathly Hallows? Harry's parent's cemetery
            Ah thats right, Aberforth did buy something from Mundungas didnt he

Comment

my cousin looks exactly like harry potter...its funny...but bout the books and movies,dont really enjoy them

Comment

I actually think Voldemort could win the battle. I mean, Voldemort is one of the greatest villains of all-time in terms of power. A powerful wizard isn't going to die to the "Chosen One", if Harry survives it would be cliche'. Though at the same time, if Voldemert lives it's a cop - out to (well you could consider it). I think Rowling will want to establish how evil he is and even without the horcrux; he's far too powerful. I mean, Voldemort living would be like the Sopranos. When there is a black screen, it could be interpreted that he was living and just continued. I feel, Rowling will show how bad the guy is.

I think the final part, will be at Harry's parents grave. THIS IS TOTAL ESTIMATION but it has been foreshadowed to a degree. Harry said at the end of HBP that he would visit his parents grave. I think he destroys the horcruxes and goes to his old parents home and gravesite and as he's mourning; Voldemort comes in.
                Is that a rash?

Give JKPIGSKIN credit for this masterpiece

Comment

Philliez, the thing you posted about Wormtail isnt spoilers, its speculation, so you can post it if you want.

EDIT: if its something foreshadowed in other books, be my guest. If its some internet 'leak' rumor on results, thats what I care about not being posted.

Comment

Cage Match: Frodo vs. Potter. who comes out alive

Comment

Originally posted by Paul View Post
                      Cage Match: Frodo vs. Potter. who comes out alive
                      Neither, the supporting characters interfere and cause a DQ. The fans go wild because the supporting characters are the people they come to see.

(Ive always been a fan of the supporting characters over the Main characters in those two series.)

Comment

Originally posted by comahan View Post
                        Neither, the supporting characters interfere and cause a DQ. The fans go wild because the supporting characters are the people they come to see.

(Ive always been a fan of the supporting characters over the Main characters in those two series.)
                        Which is why you've taken every supporting character from both shows in the draft. :p

That is correct comahan
                        I ******* LOVE YOU DG
                        <3 dg

Comment

Originally posted by draftguru151 View Post
                          Which is why you've taken every supporting character from both shows in the draft. :p
                          Not even close, my friend.

Comment

Originally posted by comahan View Post
                            Philliez, the thing you posted about Wormtail isnt spoilers, its speculation, so you can post it if you want.

EDIT: if its something foreshadowed in other books, be my guest. If its some internet 'leak' rumor on results, thats what I care about not being posted.
                            Alright thanks, I just didn't want to risk it.

Well the thing I though of is the Wormtail "life debt" factor. I mean, Wormtail still owes Harry so maybe Voldemort's first attempt at Harry (whilst he's destroying Horcruxes) goes awry due to Wormtail. It was noted towards the end of Azkaban about what happened, and I feel that it's too major of a saying by Dumbledore to not show itself. He owes Harry and I think he's literally BOUND to help him. He'll be dead, my guess.

I assume there will be deaths of non-Major characters as well. I can't see them killing Bill just because he's just a character. I say, Percy will be killed. I could picture the Weasleys mourning about how they treated him (even though dude's a juueee n00b) and that will put a huge damper on the wedding.
                            Is that a rash?

Give JKPIGSKIN credit for this masterpiece

Comment

i cant wait to see the movie the last one was real good

Comment

anyone thinks harry will die

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information