The Official Harry Potter Discussion Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by scottyboy View Post
    i saw the 5th movie last night, and didnt think too highly of it. It had some good scenes and some were greatly depicted, but they left alot out, and changed it around. i know they're pressed for time and such, but leaving out Quidditch as a whole? like no mention of it at all?? ron made the team, harry and the twins got thrown off, yet no mention of it. also, they didnt even throw Hermione and Ron became prefects... and Cho didnt tell Umbridge about D.A., it was her friend, whom, after telling, had her face covered in zits spelling out SNITCH.

also, when did Dean become black? he was white in the last 4 movies.(I'm not racist, but thats a big change)
    Dean has always been black in the films. In GoF hes the one at the table when Moody walks in that asks what an Auror is.

Comment

• I saw the movie last night and it was pretty good but not amazing. The Order of The Pheonix wasn't the best book in the series to convert to a movie because it lacked action at times. The 4th movie was godly though. The last 2 should be pretty good considering the events that take place in the respective books.

stephenson86

Comment

• I havent seen Order of the Phoenix yet, but I accepted a long time ago that they had to water down the plots and leave out some of the fun moments of the books to fit everything into their 2~ hour movie. They were able to pretty much get 1 and 2 right plotwise (too bad the kids sucked at acting then), but thats because of the shortness of the length of the book and lack of 10,000 subplots floating around like you have in the rest of them.

EDIT: To the post above. I too enjoyed GoF as a movie, though they had to cut half of the storylines, which ruined one of the best book endings ever. Still, good movie in itself.
        Last edited by comahan; 07-12-2007, 12:48 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by comahan View Post
          Dean has always been black in the films. In GoF hes the one at the table when Moody walks in that asks what an Auror is.
          ohh ok. i was confusing Dean and Seamus. my bad
          We ALL bleed scarlet
          New York Giants Super Bowl 46 Champs
          UNITED: I actually attend the college I root for
          Originally posted by PalmerToCJ
          BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.

Comment

• Originally posted by scottyboy View Post
            i saw the 5th movie last night, and didnt think too highly of it. It had some good scenes and some were greatly depicted, but they left alot out, and changed it around. i know they're pressed for time and such, but leaving out Quidditch as a whole? like no mention of it at all?? ron made the team, harry and the twins got thrown off, yet no mention of it. also, they didnt even throw Hermione and Ron became prefects... and Cho didnt tell Umbridge about D.A., it was her friend, whom, after telling, had her face covered in zits spelling out SNITCH.

also, when did Dean become black? he was white in the last 4 movies.(I'm not racist, but thats a big change)
            I guess it was a good idea not to reread the book before the movie came out...

Hitman D

"The mass of men lead lives of quiet desperation." - Henry David Thoreau

Comment

• My friend said Daniel Radcliffe was on "The Today Show" and he said he was quitting the movies or something???

Thanks BoneKrusher!

Comment

• They should bring back the director who did PoA, best movie so fat.

sig by VLS
                Originally posted by Smokey Joe
                I don't care...

Comment

• I love the part where the Ministry came to Dumbledore and said they were going to take him to Azkaban. And, well, Dumbledore said no thanks.

Hitman D

"The mass of men lead lives of quiet desperation." - Henry David Thoreau

Comment

• Originally posted by Boston View Post
                    I love the part where the Ministry came to Dumbledore and said they were going to take him to Azkaban. And, well, Dumbledore said no thanks.
                    Kingsley Shacklebolt is an O.G.

sig by me.. first in ages, pm with requests

Comment

• Originally posted by RexGrossmans-cheesecake View Post
                      My friend said Daniel Radcliffe was on "The Today Show" and he said he was quitting the movies or something???

I did hear that this one was the last one being made because he didn't want to continue. IMO, they should've made this one and the 6th book at the same time LOTR style and jumped straight into production of the 7th the moment the book came out.

Its kind of stupid and arrogant on his part if he wants to leave the series before its complete. Realistically he's standing to lose a buttload of money for a career that might not lead to anything. IMO the only decent actor in the harry potter movies is Alan Rickman as Snape and the dude who played Mad Eye Moody. Hermoine and Ron aren't too bad and Lucius' actor plays a good part but really the acting is pretty sub par from the main characters.

Comment

• Originally posted by BlindSite View Post
                        I did hear that this one was the last one being made because he didn't want to continue. IMO, they should've made this one and the 6th book at the same time LOTR style and jumped straight into production of the 7th the moment the book came out.

Its kind of stupid and arrogant on his part if he wants to leave the series before its complete. Realistically he's standing to lose a buttload of money for a career that might not lead to anything. IMO the only decent actor in the harry potter movies is Alan Rickman as Snape and the dude who played Mad Eye Moody. Hermoine and Ron aren't too bad and Lucius' actor plays a good part but really the acting is pretty sub par from the main characters.
                        pretty sure thats a false rumor. the last two books already have pages on imdb

Comment

• Im pretty sure the only one of the 3 main characters that there were questions about was Emma Watson as Hermione, but she ended up signing on for the last 2, i believe,

Comment

• Classic line by Shacklebolt:
                            "You may not like him, but you gotta admit.....Dumbledore's got style."

Comment

• I liked the movie pretty good.

http://minnesotasportstwentyfourseven.blogspot.com/

Comment

• I just reread the 6th book today so now I am pumped for the 7th! Hopefully NCAA 08 will hold me over until the 7th book comes out. I am just wondering, are we certain that the Ravenclaw tiara is a horcrux or is this just people assuming?

Gamertag: KRAAAWG

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information