No announcement yet.

Official PlayStation thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bulletstorm demo was hella fun but apparently the campaign is only 5.5 hours long.

Comment

• Originally posted by Caddy View Post
      Bulletstorm demo was hella fun but apparently the campaign is only 5.5 hours long.
      Thats way to short of a campaign for me to ever buy since I dont play much online

Comment

• Originally posted by 49erNation85 View Post
        Any one here a MLB the show fan and play the game?Demo hit the store tonight,I am trying to downloading but hell its taking dam long time.Gonna be an over night one here darn it.Was hoping to get a few games in before bed oh well.Tomorrow sure.Any impressions yet for real sports fans here?
        Tell me/us how it is. I'm going to get it. Would just like to see non media feedback on it
        Jets, Mets, Knicks, and the U's too cool for uze

Sig by, Hitman D

Comment

• Been playing the hell out of MVC2 and Little Big PLanet 2 lately, can't wait for the Show, it's the only game I'm looking forward too until LA Noire comes out.

Comment

• Was planning on playing the Sims 3 until Dragon Age 2 came out...but the game just isnt that fun, imo. The best part of the Sims back in the day, was building your house from scratch. But yeah, there is no sand box mode to speak of...it's kind of involved and not really fun. I just want to create things, really.

So I think I'm gonna go with a God of War 3 run through. I still havent opened it, even though I bought it in like October? haha. I've got a week...should be able to knock it out just fine.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
            http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
            KO KNOWS

Comment

• Originally posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
              Was planning on playing the Sims 3 until Dragon Age 2 came out...but the game just isnt that fun, imo. The best part of the Sims back in the day, was building your house from scratch. But yeah, there is no sand box mode to speak of...it's kind of involved and not really fun. I just want to create things, really.

So I think I'm gonna go with a God of War 3 run through. I still havent opened it, even though I bought it in like October? haha. I've got a week...should be able to knock it out just fine.
              You'll be done in about 3-4 days depending how much you play. GOW3 is really short compared to the first 2. Still fun, but definitely not the same as the first 2.

Comment

• Originally posted by katnip View Post
                Tell me/us how it is. I'm going to get it. Would just like to see non media feedback on it
                I will certainly do.I will have it next Tue on release day for sure.I've been playing the hell out of the demo and love the new analog controls for hitting and pitching only.Graphics are far better this year and so is the throwing motion of the players.Commentary hasn't been **** tho its still the same ole crap just one new person doing it.But they have gotten the presentation down big time and game play too.I will post up more next week for sure.

Comment

• Originally posted by iowatreat54 View Post
                  You'll be done in about 3-4 days depending how much you play. GOW3 is really short compared to the first 2. Still fun, but definitely not the same as the first 2.
                  You got me curious, so I popped in my God of War Collection and checked out my completed game saves.

God of War: 7 Hours : 53 Minutes

God of War 2: 11 Hours : 12 Minutes

Pretty typical lengths for modern action games.

When it comes to God of War and say, Uncharted, I think the games actually feel a lot longer than their run times. Maybe because so much action is crammed into that time frame. Uncharted is another that runs about 8 hours. It will be interesting to see if I notice how much shorter God of War 3 is. 8 Hours is pretty much the typical length of an action game like this...I'll even admit that God of War 2 felt long. But they certainly pulled it off. While it's disappointing to hear such and such game isnt very long. In reality, a great action game only really needs to be about 8 or so hours. Some games have failed at trying to extend sequences or chapters with filler just to add to the game length and it lowers the quality. Alan Wake fell victim to this as well. Although, it is a good game overall.
                  Last edited by M.O.T.H.; 03-02-2011, 02:33 AM.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS

Comment

• GOW3 was kind of a big letdown for me. You can tell some idiot bigwig didn't want to give them any more development time so they had to rush the ending. A lot. I really loved that series but GOW3 was a real bummer.

Comment

• Originally posted by 49erNation85 View Post
                      Any one here a MLB the show fan and play the game?Demo hit the store tonight,I am trying to downloading but hell its taking dam long time.Gonna be an over night one here darn it.Was hoping to get a few games in before bed oh well.Tomorrow sure.Any impressions yet for real sports fans here?
                      Did the DL finish for you? I'm going to get it a few weeks after it comes out anyway. But is the joystick pitching/hitting easy to learn?

Anyone pick up killzone 3. Fun. But if your a call of duty player it might take a few play throughs (online & off) to get used to it
                      Jets, Mets, Knicks, and the U's too cool for uze

Sig by, Hitman D

Comment

• Originally posted by katnip View Post
                        Did the DL finish for you? I'm going to get it a few weeks after it comes out anyway. But is the joystick pitching/hitting easy to learn?

Anyone pick up killzone 3. Fun. But if your a call of duty player it might take a few play throughs (online & off) to get used to it
                        The pitching part of the new analog is very easy to learn and super fun.But the hitting takes a little time but does get better.You won't be hitting no HR's yours first game that is for sure.It is all on timing and knowing where your pitches are going.

Comment

• I'm about 4 hours into God of War 3...it's absolutely amazing so far. I just killed another god. Speaking of, they really outdid themselves with these death scenes. lol. I'm loving it.

The gameplay has always been almost perfect, so it's nice to see them leave damn near everything the same here. The formula just works beautifully. There are a lot of GOW of clones, but the standard Sony Santa Monica sets is just unreal and unmatched in the genre. I love how all three games just have that distinct feel. While other series will feel different from game to game with sometimes radical changes, God of War is just consistent throughout, and yet, still fresh with each game. Gotta love it.

I also have to say, it's nice to play a game where I dont have to worry about achievements in the back of my mind. I dont give a damn about trophies...I just play PS3 games for the fun of it and the experience. And while I do this on the 360 as well...I def. can get sidetracked and just waste time, on what are, in the end, just pointless achievements.

God of War isnt quite finished yet, I've heard. It's too much of a money maker and Kratos is too iconic for them to just shelf it. But yeah, I'm really looking forward to seeing what they come up with after the God of War series. Fantastic developer.
                          Last edited by M.O.T.H.; 03-03-2011, 06:08 AM.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS

Comment

• Just beat God of War 3...took me just over 9 hours.

Honestly, I dont get the hate at all by some fans. The game was absolutely outstanding. The sheer sense of power that Kratos has is insane. Really does feel like you're controlling a god. haha. Such a beast.

I really dont get how you can be let down by this one.

edit...also, I figure it's about damn time every game comes with special video features ala God of War. Seems like it's been a long time coming...off the top of my head the only games I have that have these are God of War and Uncharted. I love watching the making of videos and all that other good stuff. I realllly want to see these for Mass Effect 3, lets go Bioware! :)
                            Last edited by M.O.T.H.; 03-06-2011, 11:46 AM.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS

Comment

• Kind of funny, but the only GoW game I've played is Chains of Olympus for PSP, which is a prequel to GoW1 (and it was awesome - perfect game for the PSP). I keep meaning to get the collection so I can continue my sequential playthrough.

Comment

• Gotta get on that, my friend. :)

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information