No announcement yet.

Official PlayStation thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Even though It's a great deal I think I'm gonna hold off and just stick to my plan of getting Saints Row 2 sometime before June 30th. It seems a little to sci-fi, futuristic,alieny for me. Plus I'm not gonna have the time to get deep into the game with me still playing The Show and with NCAA 2 months out. I'll put it on the list for down the road if they have a buy 2 get 1 free deal. From the video's I saw New Vegas looked better to me.

Originally posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
    Fallout 3 would personally be in my top 5 favorite games. I've beaten it twice. It's amazing....but it's not for everyone. Most people, but not everyone. It's a marathon game, it takes time. But it's well worth it. The gun play/combat will more than likely make or break the game for you. The free aim is pretty shotty, but there is something called V.A.T.S, it's a combat queing system, in which you pick a body part to attack. It's essentially a turn based aspect, but still different than your typical turn based systems. The combat is a blend of live action, and this turn based style. I really like it, it'd just be better if the shooting worked better while free aiming. But in any case...it's still a lot of fun. The game is immense...it boasts an enormous atmopsheric open world, a very deep conversation system, a ridiculous amount of fully voiced characters, and a pretty enthralling story. It's incredibly immersive and one of the best games ever made, imho. You can easily sink over 100+ hours into the game. So many side quests to complete and locations to find.

As far as how the graphics have stood up...the character models are pretty terrible, but I still think the Wasteland looks absolutely gorgeous. Exiting into the Wasteland for the first time, conjures up some fond memories. It can be pretty overwhelming at first. So much freedom, and no idea where to begin. The level of detail is just ridiculous and there is an endless amount of loot to be rummaged through. Such an incredibly deep game.

As an added bonus...if you enjoy Fallout 3. Fallout: New Vegas is a pretty damn good installment as well. It may be viewed as a glorified expansion, but as a stand alone, I think it holds up very well. Another great game...and cheap now too. I'd highly reccommend both games.

Comment

• It's your choice man. Saints Row 2 is fun, just no where near as good. It's certainly fun, though. Not a bad choice.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
      http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
      KO KNOWS

Comment

• Originally posted by proshoota25 View Post
        lol the white guys with greenish looking hair, or albinos for that matter. some of the tattoos are so ridiculously funny too. like the colored tats really standing out on some guys is stupid too

idk if u guys have ever seen it, but some of the create a players have specific dances they do after they score, like i saw some "crab" dance.... insanely funny
        You basically have to create a black guy because the facial features make your white guy look like an albino... I'm sorry if I am offending anyone, but I really don't want to play as an albino black guy.

Comment

• It's true, though. My white "My Player" doesnt have a "white guy" face at all. We discussed it in the other thread as well. NBA 2K hasnt a had decent looking created players since the Dreamcast days. Their models just looks creepy these days. College Hoops was even worse.
          Last edited by M.O.T.H.; 05-20-2011, 09:32 PM.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS

Comment

• How is everyone enjoying L.A Nore right now?I want to pick up but gotta hold off for now.

Comment

• It's pretty damn amazing. Not much else to say.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS

Comment

• So I got my buy 2 get 1 games on Friday and finally got a day off from both jobs and had a chance to play them. So after all the love that Heavy Rain has gotten in this thread I decided that it had to be the first one I played.

I put in the game and freezes at the loading screen. I restart the PS3 and try again. Freezes again and again and again. After about an hour fusing with this I finally got to play the Prologue by going into the chapter menu. I finished the Prologue and then got to play the Ethan part.

After the cut scene in the street it froze. I am getting sick of this and I am so excited to play this game. Sounds like this is a common problem with no for sure fix.

Anyone have anyway they overcame this?

Comment

• I'd exchange it for a new game.
                  The game froze once on me but it was in game and after hours and hours of playing.
                  So I doubt it was the CD itself.
                  -Boston Red Sox-New England Patriots-Boston Celtics-

Comment

• Originally posted by Nalej View Post
                    I'd exchange it for a new game.
                    The game froze once on me but it was in game and after hours and hours of playing.
                    So I doubt it was the CD itself.
                    Its not the disc that i know of... No scratches or marks. It keeps freezing in different areas too.

Comment

• Originally posted by njx9
                      i had the same issue. eventually, it destroyed my HDD. i just took the disc back to gamestop. the new one they gave me worked fine.

i'm guessing there was massive production failure in the actual disc creation, and that there are write errors on a bunch of the discs.
                      Alright thanks man... If it killed your HDD there is no way I am going to screw with this.

Comment

yeah, i'd just uninstall the thing, get a new disc, then try again. just don't start flicking the backend power switch. that's what eventually took me from "massive, but recoverable issue" to "****'s fried, i'm glad i have a spare HDD and know how to fix it".
                        Thank god mine doesn't have that switch lol, I think I just unplugged the system twice. I called gamestop online order customer service and they told me I can exchange it at any local Gamestop so I lucked out there.

I think I am just gonna pay an extra $3 for the New version and hope for the best.

Comment

• Got my games in the mail from Gamestop today. Ugh. None of them have covers. I found them and saved them online, but of course, I'm out of ink. Just another annoying added expense now. :/ People need to stop scrapping and/or losing their cases/manuels. It's pretty ridiculous. I cant stand these gamestop covers.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS

Comment

• Originally posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
                            Got my games in the mail from Gamestop today. Ugh. None of them have covers. I found them and saved them online, but of course, I'm out of ink. Just another annoying added expense now. :/ People need to stop scrapping and/or losing their cases/manuels. It's pretty ridiculous. I cant stand these gamestop covers.
                            Thats the same way mine were... Only Uncharted had a cover. Luckily enough with Heavy Rain not working I'm exchanging it for one that has everything.

Here was a good site i found for custom/ original box art: http://www.vgboxart.com/

Comment

• With all the talk about heavy rain I'm on my 2nd time through and I once again got the bad ending on the new jack chapter. Also on the other intense chapter I can't figure out on where you have the time limit.

Comment

yeah, i'd just uninstall the thing, get a new disc, then try again. just don't start flicking the backend power switch. that's what eventually took me from "massive, but recoverable issue" to "****'s fried, i'm glad i have a spare HDD and know how to fix it".
                                If you still have a fat PS3 never ever use the backswitch ever.... Use the controller to shut it off or hold the front power/standby switch until it will beep and shut off.

Theres a reason they are no longer even on the slims.... same with the slim dont pull out the power cord just keep trying to hold and press the front button until it will beep or just shut off.

On both types of systems it may take about 10 seconds sometimes before it finally forces shutdown.
                                Last edited by PackerLegend; 05-23-2011, 04:29 PM.

Sick Sig By BoneKrusher

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information