No announcement yet.

Official PlayStation thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• i was just starting a game of madden when my PS3 shut down. The red light was flashing. I held down the power button (in front) to shut it down completely. I have tried to get it going again, but no luck. It is an original fat PS3.

What the ****?

Any suggestions?
    Originally posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
    Thanks jerks, I have an exam tomorrow and reading this lowered my IQ by 14 points. Dicks.

Comment

• I've pressed the power button & it tries to start up again, but the light blinks red & shuts down.

What i've read, it sounds like a fan issue, but i'm not sure.
      Thanks jerks, I have an exam tomorrow and reading this lowered my IQ by 14 points. Dicks.

Comment

• do i even touch the back power button?

Comment

no go.

Comment

• Originally posted by bantx View Post
            Anyone else getting Dead Island? We can do some co-ops
            I'm getting it, but am probably going to be on the PC version. The trailer is amazing, but I'm only cautiously optimistic about the game. Just hoping it's not a L4D knock-off.

Comment

• Get it for ps3 so we can get a group of us to do some co-ops!

Comment

• So I'm trying to buy a slim PS3 off craigslist and the guy brought it over today. He's really nice and lists God as his first interest on his facebook page so I'm not worried about being scammed at all. But we hooked it up and nothing was showing up on my TV at all. We tried my HDMI cord and the A/V cords that came with the PS3 and got nothing. It seemed like it was fine, and turned on fine, but nothing at all. Tried the HDMI cable on my computer and it worked fine.

Any idea what the problem could be? Could he have a setting on his PS3 that would have caused it to not show up on mine? No audio either as far as I know.

He's took it home and he's gonna let me know if it works there. He said it was in his car all day and it was really hot today so maybe that caused something. It didn't feel or sound overheated though.

tl/dr: Buying used PS3, didn't work on my TV, any reason?

Comment

• If it worked via HDMI cable on your PC and it has worked for him in the past the easy and logical conclusion is that your TV is the problem.

Comment

• Originally posted by dolphinfan2k5 View Post
                    So I'm trying to buy a slim PS3 off craigslist and the guy brought it over today. He's really nice and lists God as his first interest on his facebook page so I'm not worried about being scammed at all. But we hooked it up and nothing was showing up on my TV at all. We tried my HDMI cord and the A/V cords that came with the PS3 and got nothing. It seemed like it was fine, and turned on fine, but nothing at all. Tried the HDMI cable on my computer and it worked fine.

Any idea what the problem could be? Could he have a setting on his PS3 that would have caused it to not show up on mine? No audio either as far as I know.

He's took it home and he's gonna let me know if it works there. He said it was in his car all day and it was really hot today so maybe that caused something. It didn't feel or sound overheated though.

tl/dr: Buying used PS3, didn't work on my TV, any reason?

You need to reset the video settings on your ps3. plug it in and hold down the power button for around 5 seconds till it beeps. I had this problem with the TV in my living room.
                    "Oh **** it's Kam, RUN!!!"

Comment

• Originally posted by killxswitch View Post
                      If it worked via HDMI cable on your PC and it has worked for him in the past the easy and logical conclusion is that your TV is the problem.
                      My laptop went to my tv via the HDMI

Originally posted by XxXdragonXxX View Post
                      You need to reset the video settings on your ps3. plug it in and hold down the power button for around 5 seconds till it beeps. I had this problem with the TV in my living room.
                      Thanks this is what others have told me as well. Do you guys think $215 for a 250gb and 2 controllers is a good deal?

Comment

• If the system is in good condition, yeah that's a good deal. The cheapest they're going for on Amazon.com is $250 with 1 controller.
                        "Oh **** it's Kam, RUN!!!"

Comment

• I wish I had the money to buy Mortal Kombat. I ******* love that game.

http://minnesotasportstwentyfourseven.blogspot.com/

Comment

• What's the best baseball game now? I haven't played one for probably around 5 years now but I'm just tired of playing bs football games. Have they improved at all? Is there a superstar type mode where you control just your player?

"Just Win Baby"- Al Davis
                            @SirStackAlot707

Comment

• Originally posted by Vikes99ej View Post
                              I wish I had the money to buy Mortal Kombat. I ******* love that game.
                              I love that game. Freddie Kruger will be an available DLC Aug 9th.
                              I didn't think much about until I saw a youtube video highlighting a fight with him in it.
                              His moves are insane. I'll probably end up getting him.

Originally posted by RaiderNation View Post
                              What's the best baseball game now? I haven't played one for probably around 5 years now but I'm just tired of playing bs football games. Have they improved at all? Is there a superstar type mode where you control just your player?
                              MLB The Show (Road To The Show) is what you want and yes, the game is awesome and the "superstar" mode is even better. I love it.
                              -Boston Red Sox-New England Patriots-Boston Celtics-

Comment

• x2 on MLB the show.It is only the REAL baseball game on the ps3 don't miss out get it now!It is even more fun then Madden as far as game play and replay value IMO.I just love football more then baseball.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information