Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by neko4 View Post
    I hate how people are writing it off without seeing it, it was great
    I'm not writing it off... I am just being very skeptical of it and I have every reason to be so due to the poor quality of the episodes over the past couple of years.

If they can make Homer like how he used to be, which I doubt, then I will eat crow for that.

If the movie even compares to this, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F9LFjRbjszI ... then it should be a very funny movie. The thing about that clip I posted is that the simpsons have had much funnier segments/moments.

^Thanks to Eaglez.Fan for the sweet sig!

Comment

Is there a plot? I might see it tomorrow.

sig made by BoneKrusher

Comment

Originally posted by Smokey Joe View Post
        I'm not writing it off... I am just being very skeptical of it and I have every reason to be so due to the poor quality of the episodes over the past couple of years.

If they can make Homer like how he used to be, which I doubt, then I will eat crow for that.

If the movie even compares to this, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F9LFjRbjszI ... then it should be a very funny movie. The thing about that clip I posted is that the simpsons have had much funnier segments/moments.
        I think it is that funny, the theatre was packed and there wasnt a single person not laughing

Sig thanks to Bonekrusher

Comment

I saw it earlier tonight with some fairly mild expectations, but was actually quite surprised to have enjoyed it quite a lot. Definitely a movie that'll get you to bend over laughing a few times.
          SKOL VIKINGS!

Comment

I saw it.. it's okay. I love(d) the Simpsons, I don't like the newer episodes.. Old ones are classic.. Movie got a little bit annoying though, I think I chuckled about four or five times in the whole movie. The humor isn't subtle like it used to be, or witty.. A lot of the jokes were predictable.. there's a bunch of Political shots at the Government, too.

It got a ton of laughs in the theatre, I just wasn't into it.
            Last edited by WMD; 07-28-2007, 04:51 AM.

Comment

just wondering is Matt Groening from Arizona or something, or does he simply just hate us

Comment

I thought it was a very good movie. I think most Simpsons fans,past or present, should be able to appreciate the quality of this movie.

stephenson86

Comment

Originally posted by Lions WMD View Post
                  I saw it.. it's okay. I love(d) the Simpsons, I don't like the newer episodes.. Old ones are classic.. Movie got a little bit annoying though, I think I chuckled about four or five times in the whole movie. The humor isn't subtle like it used to be, or witty.. A lot of the jokes were predictable.. there's a bunch of Political shots at the Government, too.

It got a ton of laughs in the theatre, I just wasn't into it.
                  the first negative review...

Comment

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/mul...content.1.html
                    SImpsons and athletes

Comment

I thought it was excellent. I think the best two scenes were the:

[Tom Hanks scene and the Grand Theft Walrus skit]

Comment

I enjoyed the movie a great deal. I think Shiver's points about great scenes were pretty right on, but I loved the controversial sequence that many of you know about or have heard about. That was just brilliant in my mind. I was a little disappointed not to see the [Sea Captain], but all in all, it was an enjoyable plot, and I loved the jokes.

I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

Comment

Originally posted by bsaza2358 View Post
                          I enjoyed the movie a great deal. I think Shiver's points about great scenes were pretty right on, but I loved the controversial sequence that many of you know about or have heard about. That was just brilliant in my mind. I was a little disappointed not to see the [Sea Captain], but all in all, it was an enjoyable plot, and I loved the jokes.
                          They left the cat out alot too

Comment

Originally posted by bsaza2358 View Post
                            What was the controversial sequence?
                            #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

The Bart skateboarding scene.

I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

Comment

Originally posted by fenikz View Post
                                just wondering is Matt Groening from Arizona or something, or does he simply just hate us
                                ROFL Well this state does suck but whatever. The Simpsons movie was funny.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information