No announcement yet.

Movie Discussion Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sydney Pollack, not Lumet. Altered earlier post.

But Cruise & Kidman still f*cked up EWS. There were many script changes before the final cut & rumors of a power struggle on the set, it seems Kidman & Cruise manipulated that final cut to a great degree:

From the Wikipedia EWS entry: Claims about Kubrick's opinion of the film.... R. Lee Ermey, who played the menacing drill instructor in Kubrick's Full Metal Jacket (1987), claimed that Kubrick phoned him two weeks before his death to express his despondency over Eyes Wide Shut. "He told me it was a piece of ****", Ermey said in Radar magazine, "and that he was disgusted with it and that the critics were going to have him for lunch. He said Cruise and Kidman had their way with him — exactly the words he used."

Pollack died just 13 mos. ago & had a long list of credits dating back to TV work in the B&W era back to 1961. Sorry about confusing Sydney with Sidney.

And Cruise & Kidman are certifiable narcissists & egomaniacs IMO. Strangely many of Cruise's roles since EWS where he played reprehensible types, the phony motivational speaker/guru in Magnolia that many said was the real Tom Cruise, coldblooded button man in Collateral, & the sleazy film producer Les Grossman in Tropic Thunder have garnered him more respect as an actor than his previous matinee idol reputation.
    Last edited by LizardState; 06-26-2009, 02:13 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by bhaarat316 View Post
      I saw it. I'll write something about it in the mornin mostly why it shouldn't be called tranformers, and should be called America **** Yea.
      so here is my rant. The movie it self was okay, I love action movies and Bay blowing things up. But this sht i was like WTF? I liked it better than terminator but not that much.

spoiler

Comment

• Also to add the story at some parts just seemed flat. It could have been cut/produced better.

Comment

• Just saw the Hangover. It was good

Comment

• I haven't heard anyone say anything bad about The Hangover, and I haven't seen it yet, so this weekend it will have to be a must for me.
            Nanna Bryndís Hilmarsdóttir is a goddess

Rest in Peace, themaninblack

Comment

• Originally posted by eaglesalltheway View Post
              I haven't heard anyone say anything bad about The Hangover, and I haven't seen it yet, so this weekend it will have to be a must for me.
              That one dude on here that thinks Terminator 4 is the best terminator movie gave the Hangover like a 3 out of 10 and said he only laughed like 3 times. He's obviously in the extreme minority on that though.
              Credit to BoneKrusher for the Sig
              RIP themaninblack

Comment

• Happy birthday Paul Thomas Anderson. A ************* gift to the film world.

I can't wait to find out what movie he decides to direct next.

Also that whole thing about Kidman and Cruise editing Eyes Wide Shut is ********. I have read countless books on Kubrick and watched a ton of docs/interviews about him. I am not sure I trust Wikipedia and ******* Lee Ermy. Cruise and Kidman sure had their way with him, its not like they were forced to work for over a year on the movie because Kubrick is a perfectionist...
                Last edited by Dr. Gonzo; 06-26-2009, 04:28 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. Gonzo View Post
                  Happy birthday Paul Thomas Anderson. A ************* gift to the film world.

I can't wait to find out what movie he decides to direct last.

Also that whole thing about Kidman and Cruise editing Eyes Wide Shut is ********. I have read countless books on Kubrick and watched a ton of docs/interviews about him. I am not sure I trust Wikipedia and ******* Lee Ermy.
                  What does this mean?

Comment

• Originally posted by RoyHall#1 View Post
                    What does this mean?
                    I had to edit my post like 5 times. I made so many ******* mistakes. It means I am a ******* moron.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. Gonzo View Post
                      I had to edit my post like 5 times. I made so many ******* mistakes. It means I am a ******* moron.
                      Haha. Just checking. I was about to be a sad panda. I feel like PTA is only getting better :O

Comment

• Also, happy birthday to Jason Schwartzman, who is cooler then PT Anderson!

Schwartzman's new HBO series looks badass.
                        Originally posted by Mr. Goosemahn
                        The APS is strong in this one.
                        Originally posted by killxswitch
                        Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.

Comment

• Originally posted by A Perfect Score View Post
                          Also, happy birthday to Jason Schwartzman, who is cooler then PT Anderson!

Schwartzman's new HBO series looks badass.
                          Cooler than God? How can that be?

<+fenikz> "**** the Police, ride my fischstache bitches"

Comment

• Just began watching American Wedding for the first time... I forget, but was Stiffler always as big of an annoying dumbass in the previous 2 American Pie movies? I remember him always being an ass, but in the other two, he was at least kind of funny and not so stupid, or at least that's what I recall.

^Thanks to Eaglez.Fan for the sweet sig!

Comment

• He was always annoying, imo.

The wedding singer was on today. <3

I know I'm in the vast minority but, it's my favorite Sandler movie. I do love Happy Gilmore, Billy Madison, and Big Daddy, though.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
                              http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
                              KO KNOWS

Comment

• Happy Gilmore is best IMO.

Saw Taxi Driver about a week ago and wow, it sticks with you.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information