Movie Discussion Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Before The Music Dies

This was pretty great. It talks about how musicians are made and if it is possible for great acts to show up again. Bono talked about in the current day U2 would not exist, others say people like Springsteen and others would never of gotten a chance. It talks about one guy I have previously never heard of and have now since gotten some of his music and loved it.

RiP! A Remix Manifesto

This focused primarily on the artist Girl Talk and whether Remix is a new art form under fair use or intellectual property and therefore copyright infringement. It is heavily biased, but is pretty well done.

Thanks to BoneKrusher Credit and Rep to him for the sig.

Comment

• If you want to watch an awesome documentary, I would suggest Dogtown and Z-Boys. One of my all time faves as far as that genre is concerned.
      Originally posted by Mr. Goosemahn
      The APS is strong in this one.
      Originally posted by killxswitch
      Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.

Comment

• well, **** Endless Summer is a personal favorite of mine, if we are going that route.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011

Comment

• anyone else moderately intrigued by the movie "precious", I'm not sure what it is but I'm curious....

Comment

• Originally posted by thule View Post
            anyone else moderately intrigued by the movie "precious", I'm not sure what it is but I'm curious....
            It was done incredible on the awards circuit. I heard it is a shoe in for an Oscar nom at this point so it does intrigue me.

Comment

• The Lion King is such an awesome movie.

That is all

Comment

• Pretty much.

by BoneKrusher
                <DG> how metal unseen
                <TheUnseen> Drunken Canadian Bastard: There's an APS for that

Comment

• Yeah. That goes without saying

Comment

• Originally posted by *** Ork Wang View Post
                    The Lion King is such an awesome movie.

That is all
                    Lion King is my favorite Disney movie, haha. I could probably still recite that movie by heart.
                    Nanna Bryndís Hilmarsdóttir is a goddess

Rest in Peace, themaninblack

Comment

• it is so ******* awesome. now we are watching Aladdin. Disney movies ftw!

Comment

• Who is we in this equation? Or are you referring to yourself in the second person?

RIP TheManInBlack

Comment

• I actually found our old VHS copy of the Lion King a few weeks ago and watched it. Kinda felt weird sitting down watching Lion King on VHS, but it was completely worth it.

Hitman D

"The mass of men lead lives of quiet desperation." - Henry David Thoreau

Comment

• When I was a young warthooooooooooooooooooog!!!

Last edited by Splat; 09-25-2009, 08:27 PM.

Comment

• Up is fantastic. It's the best Pixar movie. I laughed, I cried (almost). just great

by BoneKrusher
                              <DG> how metal unseen
                              <TheUnseen> Drunken Canadian Bastard: There's an APS for that

Comment

• Originally posted by The Unseen View Post
                                Up is fantastic. It's the best Pixar movie. I laughed, I cried (almost). just great
                                agreed, awesome movie.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information