Movie Discussion Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by A Perfect Score View Post
    Peaches are delicious...but I've never eaten a pear, maybe I'll try one of those
    **** yourself, no pear for you.

BK

Originally posted by AcheTen
    JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
    Originally posted by abaddon41_80
    Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
    Originally posted by JBCX
    Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.

Comment

• Wedding Crashers, which I am watching wasted at 4 am, is one of the best comedies of the past 20 years. I dont care what anyone says, this movie has it all.
      Originally posted by Mr. Goosemahn
      The APS is strong in this one.
      Originally posted by killxswitch
      Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.

Comment

Wedding Crashers, which I am watching wasted at 4 am, is one of the best comedies of the past 20 years. I dont care what anyone says, this movie has it all.
        Except it's not even close to that funny.

BK

Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rosebud View Post
          Except it's not even close to that funny.
          Man...I remember seeing it in theatres and laughing my ass off, but it's just a funny now. It may be that I find both Owen Wilson and Vince Vaughn hilarious and I wanna marry Rachel McAdams, but I love this movie so much,
          Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.

Comment

Man...I remember seeing it in theatres and laughing my ass off, but it's just a funny now. It may be that I find both Owen Wilson and Vince Vaughn hilarious and I wanna marry Rachel McAdams, but I love this movie so much,
            Wag the Dog, Thank You For Smoking, Tropic Thunder, Clerks, Zombieland, In Bruges, Kiss Kiss BAng Bang, Death at a Funeral, The Big Lebowski, The Aristocrats, Idiocracy, Shoot em Up, Men in Black, Harold and Kumar Escape from Guantanamo Bay, Robin Hood Men in Tights, EuroTrip, Forgetting Sarah Marshall, Team America: World Police, PCU, Not Another Teen Movie, Super Troopers, Zombie Strippers, Army of Darkness, The Bird Cage, 40 year old Virgin, Office Space, the Hangover, etc. You wanna retract that one of the best comedies of the past 20 years comment yet?

BK

Comment

Wedding Crashers, which I am watching wasted at 4 am, is one of the best comedies of the past 20 years. I dont care what anyone says, this movie has it all.
              Wedding Crashers ******* sucks ass. I don't see the appeal behind yet another one of Todd Phillips-esque movie with a one note significant other.

RIP TheManInBlack

Comment

• Tropic Thunder is not even close to being a good movie.

Comment

• I thought I was the only one that didn't love Wedding Crashers. It was alright but, terribly overrated, imo. Everyone around my age has a hard on for Vince Vaughn and Owen Wilson. I like them but, not quite to the same extent.

Disregarding the Hangover because, I havent seen it yet. If I had to pick one Phillips' movie to watch for the rest of my life for whatever reason, I think that would be Road Trip. ha. Old School is another one that everyone seemed to love a lot more than I did.

I'm going to make some enemies calling Vaughn, the Wilson bros, and Ferrell overrated but whatever.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
                  http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
                  KO KNOWS

Comment

• Originally posted by Splat View Post
                    Tropic Thunder is not even close to being a good movie.
                    Agreed. I thought it was pretty awful.
                    SKOL VIKINGS!

Comment

• Originally posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
                      I thought I was the only one that didn't love Wedding Crashers. It was alright but, terribly overrated, imo. Everyone around my age has a hard on for Vince Vaughn and Owen Wilson. I like them but, not quite to the same extent. .......I'm going to make some enemies calling Vaughn, the Wilson bros, and Ferrell overrated but whatever.
                      MOTH is about 66% correct here. Well almost, half of the Wilson Bros. are overrated, that being Owen. And Vince Vaughn is stick a fork in him time after Couples Retreat, a career-killer romantic comedy film if there ever was one.

Vaughn & Owen Wilson are really overrated now, they hit it big with Wedding Crashers about 3 yrs ago & were on the cover of the ROLLING STONE with the caption Best Comedy Team Since Martin & Lewis, which we've seen since then is totally exaggerated. WC was a fluky hit based on the urban legendlike myth that all bridesmaids are easy b/c of the sexually charged atmosphere of weddings, & that bridesmaids have been there ever since the 1st weddings in history just for that purpose, to be plucked like grapes from the vine ... well it rhymes with plucked anyway. It was a just a bit of fluff Summer romantic comedy that made mega-box office $ to everyone's surprise & had the predictable result in Hollywood, it launched these 2 mediocre actors into many similar comedies that were far inferior, some just awful -- yes even Dodgeball was mostly bad & not even the very talented Ben Stiller as the antagonist heavy could save it but that's another story.

After WC the sudden success went to their heads & what had been their confident cool became arrogance, especially in Vaughn's case, a little of him & his schtick went a long way, now he's just obnoxious imo. You can tell they're overrated b/c they lack range as actors, all one of those roles after WC were variations on that same performance, I think they're both one note charlies as romantic comic actors.

Will Ferrell & Luke Wilson on the other hand have huge ranges as comic actors & bring something different to each performance. Ferrell especially, who's one of the best if not THE best talent to emerge from SNL since their Golden Age cast (Chevy Chase, Murray, Eddie Murphy), note the distinctions between Ricky Bobby & Ron Burgundy, although there are obvious similarities between his SNL HS cheerleader character & the Blades of Glory guy & other recent Ferrell roles. Mike Judge's Idiocracy would've been worse than it was with its sophomoric script & repeated bad jokes if not for Luke Wilson's deadpan performance as the time travel protagonist who was the only one in this bad movie who made any sense.

But you see what I mean, although they share the same DNA Luke Wilson couldnt be more different as an actor than Owen Wilson -- btw, didnt they get booted together as teens from the most prestigious pvt. school in Texas, St. Mark's in Dallas? I think so, I like them best in roles when they use their native Texas accents but that's just me. And Vaughn is doing the same sight gags & smarmy mugging on camera in role after role, as if trying to resurrect his overnight fame from WC, it's sad really.

And Roland Emmerich's CG extravaganza 2012 got 3 stars *** in its debut Friday. Maybe having the underrated John Cusack elevated it by at least one star *. Pls. discuss so this can be explained to me as I read the reviews before deciding to plunk down $10 to see this.....
                      Last edited by LizardState; 11-14-2009, 12:17 PM.

Comment

• I don't like Will Ferrell.

Comment

• Originally posted by Splat View Post
                          Tropic Thunder is not even close to being a good movie.
                          I thought that movie was really really funny, even jack black who's been terribly mediocre in most of his recent pure comedy roles was funny, RDJ was great and even Ben Stiller, who I'm not particularly fond of, was great.

BK

Comment

• I dont see this range either. Not in comedies at least. He's always the same weird ass dude in comedies. Now he was good in stranger than fiction but, this isnt something we see often from him and his shtick in the movie comedy genre has worn rather thin on me.

And his "protege", Danny Mcbride, is another one I dont find funny in the slightest. I just dont see his appeal. I know everyone on here loves him but, I just dont see what makes him funny. I'll laugh at his stuff every once in a while but, am mostly annoyed by him.

I'm drifting farther and farther away from what is "in" these days. haha.

And as for my personal, sense of humor. It's a completely healthy one. So dont go knocking it, as is the usual case. Their brand of stupid humor just doesnt do it for me.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
                            http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
                            KO KNOWS

Comment

• Originally posted by Job View Post
                              I don't like Will Ferrell.
                              Agreed, Celebrity Jeopardy was hilarious but I don't think he's been really funny in anything since. John C Riley on the otherhand is actually funny and was great in the promotion, another comedy that is better than wedding crashers.

BK

Comment

• Originally posted by Job View Post
                                I don't like Will Ferrell.
                                Will Ferrell is best used as a supporting character. When hes asked to carry a movie, I find him annoying. But in limited roles, a la Old School, Jay and Silent Bob, Wedding Crashers, etc. he can be pretty hilarious.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information