Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Movie Discussion Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • The story and idea behind it was amazing. I mean I love V for vendetta, watched it just last night, but no way is it better then the original Matrix. The thought behind it was so out there, the action scenes were amazing. It was like the most bad ass movie I had ever seen when it came out.


    Originally posted by WMD
    Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
    Originally posted by gpngc
    I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.

    Comment


    • Originally posted by Jvig43 View Post
      The story and idea behind it was amazing. I mean I love V for vendetta, watched it just last night, but no way is it better then the original Matrix. The thought behind it was so out there, the action scenes were amazing. It was like the most bad ass movie I had ever seen when it came out.
      http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Allegory_of_the_Cave
      The Idea behind it has been done before, much better and still wasn't all that entertaining.

      BK

      Originally posted by AcheTen
      JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
      Originally posted by abaddon41_80
      Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
      Originally posted by JBCX
      Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.

      Comment


      • Originally posted by Rosebud View Post
        http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Allegory_of_the_Cave
        The Idea behind it has been done before, much better and still wasn't all that entertaining.
        It's not like a movie or story hasn't been based on something before. Iit just has something in common. I also wouldn't say its much better, I enjoyed the original Matrix a lot (don't like the sequels). I liked it a lot better than V for Vendetta as well. I didn't really like V.

        Sig by Hitman D.

        Comment


        • Originally posted by Rosebud View Post
          I don't see anything in the matrix that was amazing beyond the special effects. Took their idea from Plato, acting was mediocre and the plot was solid at best. again the action and S/E were cool and ground breaking, but that's it, everything else about the movie was mediocre to solid.
          Some real underwhelming performances in The Matrix, I thought Keanu Reeves was especially shallow & uneven as NEo, but as noted here before Keanu is a very limited actor on many levels......

          Underwhelming jobs performed here with one exception: Laurence Fishburne. He always gives great supporting performances well above what's expected. Same thing with Boys In The Hood & his performance as a South Central single father, he does his characteristic Fishburne Slow Burn of quietly building anger there just as in his masterful work in CSI where he took over from exec. producer William Petersen as the central character.

          Fishburne is underrated, should have gotten a lot of the "black actor" leading man roles that went to Denzel or Cuba Gooding in the 80s & 90s IMO, he has never really had his shot at the headliner role until his CSI gig. He's come a long way since the 17-yr-old kid who lied about his age for the p/o Cleanhead in Apocalypse Now in '78-79.

          Comment


          • link for 500 days of summer that doesn't have pop-ups and doesn't redirect to ad sites after 10 minutes of viewing please? ..anyone?

            Comment


            • Originally posted by Dirty Thirty View Post
              you take the blue pill...the story ends.

              Maybe the plot taken from Plato, but this red/blue pill is lifted straight out of Lewis Carroll's Alice In Wonderland.

              Comment


              • Jason Segal joins Swell Season (aka the duo from Once) on stage for a original song of his. Awesomness ensues.

                Comment


                • Originally posted by Paul View Post
                  Jason Segal joins Swell Season (aka the duo from Once) on stage for a original song of his. Awesomness ensues.

                  I just saw this elsewhere and hilarious. I love Swell Season and I love Jason Segel.

                  Thanks to BoneKrusher Credit and Rep to him for the sig.

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by LizardState View Post
                    Maybe the plot taken from Plato, but this red/blue pill is lifted straight out of Lewis Carroll's Alice In Wonderland.
                    Maybe that is why there were so many Alice in Wonderland references in it?

                    Sig by the sigmaster BoneKrusher. Each one is a masterpiece
                    Originally posted by BaLLiN72
                    i wish NFLDC had something like "wall to wall" where we could see Brodeur and Job's conversations.
                    Originally posted by Job
                    NFLDC would be jizzing itself non-stop.

                    Comment


                    • So I just saw New Moon. Surpisingly the theater was like a 60/40 split dudes to chicks

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by Rosebud View Post
                        http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Allegory_of_the_Cave
                        The Idea behind it has been done before, much better and still wasn't all that entertaining.
                        Haha, you actually took the Allegory of the Cave as a story that's supposed to be entertaining and something that has been 'done before?'

                        Hitman D

                        "The mass of men lead lives of quiet desperation." - Henry David Thoreau

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by SuperKevin View Post
                          So I just saw New Moon. Surpisingly the theater was like a 60/40 split dudes to chicks
                          Probably homosexuals

                          by BoneKrusher
                          <DG> how metal unseen
                          <TheUnseen> Drunken Canadian Bastard: There's an APS for that

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by Boston View Post
                            Haha, you actually took the Allegory of the Cave as a story that's supposed to be entertaining and something that has been 'done before?'
                            It was intriguing when I read it, but the idea was presented more clearly and thus intriguingly by plato than it was by the matrix. At no point did I suggest that plato originated the story.

                            Originally posted by nrk View Post
                            It's not like a movie or story hasn't been based on something before. Iit just has something in common. I also wouldn't say its much better, I enjoyed the original Matrix a lot (don't like the sequels). I liked it a lot better than V for Vendetta as well. I didn't really like V.
                            I don't really hold a lack of originality against a movie, but the matrix was bland without idea of the matrix. It was cool visually, but that was it, V was at least epic and a nice dystopia and Speed Racer simply couldn't have been more cliche, which guarantees awesomeness.

                            BK

                            Originally posted by AcheTen
                            JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
                            Originally posted by abaddon41_80
                            Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
                            Originally posted by JBCX
                            Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by Rosebud View Post
                              It was intriguing when I read it, but the idea was presented more clearly and thus intriguingly by plato than it was by the matrix. At no point did I suggest that plato originated the story.



                              I don't really hold a lack of originality against a movie, but the matrix was bland without idea of the matrix. It was cool visually, but that was it, V was at least epic and a nice dystopia and Speed Racer simply couldn't have been more cliche, which guarantees awesomeness.
                              I dont know if I associate cliche with awesomeness, but Ill allow it. I would think if anything, The Matrix would be described as epic, while V would be associated more with thought provoking.

                              And while we are on the idea of you disliking The Matrix because it was not an original idea, lets pause for a moment and think about where V for Vendetta came from. It draws HEAVY influence from several important literary works, including Nineteen Eighty Four and several other prominent philosophers who dealt with the anarchy vs. fascism debate, and I would argue that it is less of an original idea then The Matrix was.

                              I understand that its your personal preference, but your argument that The Matrix is flawed because Plato used the idea first is pretty weak. And thats forgetting the obvious argument which can be made that the Greeks influenced a whole hell of a lot as far as art is concerned...as far as we know, the bastards invented comedy. Do we hold that against comedy films?
                              Originally posted by Mr. Goosemahn
                              The APS is strong in this one.
                              Originally posted by killxswitch
                              Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by A Perfect Score View Post
                                I dont know if I associate cliche with awesomeness, but Ill allow it. I would think if anything, The Matrix would be described as epic, while V would be associated more with thought provoking.

                                And while we are on the idea of you disliking The Matrix because it was not an original idea, lets pause for a moment and think about where V for Vendetta came from. It draws HEAVY influence from several important literary works, including Nineteen Eighty Four and several other prominent philosophers who dealt with the anarchy vs. fascism debate, and I would argue that it is less of an original idea then The Matrix was.

                                I understand that its your personal preference, but your argument that The Matrix is flawed because Plato used the idea first is pretty weak. And thats forgetting the obvious argument which can be made that the Greeks influenced a whole hell of a lot as far as art is concerned...as far as we know, the bastards invented comedy. Do we hold that against comedy films?
                                That's not my argument at all, my argument is that the Matrix hinges far more on the novelty of it's plot and the ideas behind it, without that novelty I feel it falls far short as a film whereas V still stands strong even if you strip it of its message.

                                As for the clicheness of Speed Racer that movie makes being cliche awesome, that's pretty much the only way I can try and describe why I adore that film so much, it is easily my favorite Wochowski Bros film. It just takes it to the extreme and that makes it hilariously great.

                                BK

                                Originally posted by AcheTen
                                JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
                                Originally posted by abaddon41_80
                                Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
                                Originally posted by JBCX
                                Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X

                                Debug Information