Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Movie Discussion Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Now playing:



    worker bees can leave
    even drones can fly away
    the queen is their slave

    themaninblack
    15

    Comment


    • Originally posted by Lions WMD View Post
      40 Year Old Virgin is on USA.. Everyone in the movie is awesome.. Paul Rudd, Seth Rogen, the MC Hammer guy, and of course Carrell.. I don't think I could get tired of this movie.
      40YOV is my all-time favorite movie.

      Avatar was pretty good. Only saw it in 3D cause the Imax was sold out. That might have made a small difference. Can't see myself watching it not in theaters, though.
      Credit to BoneKrusher for the Sig
      RIP themaninblack

      Comment


      • Saw Avatar.

        Minor spoilers:


        by BoneKrusher
        <DG> how metal unseen
        <TheUnseen> Drunken Canadian Bastard: There's an APS for that

        Comment


        • They were modeled after Native Americans Unseen, Cameron wasn't trying to hide that. How that is racist is beyond me.


          RIP TheManInBlack

          Comment


          • i saw avatar in imax 3d, and it was pretty ******* badass. the story wasn't new, but it wasn't terrible enough where i came away from the movie not liking it.

            Comment


            • Originally posted by slightlyaraiderfan View Post
              i saw avatar in imax 3d, and it was pretty ******* badass. the story wasn't new, but it wasn't terrible enough where i came away from the movie not liking it.
              I agree with this. It's not going to win an Oscar or anything, but it was still a pretty enjoyable movie with some great action scenes. That being said, not sure if I'd watch the movie outside of theatres.
              .......

              Comment


              • I don't get why people think the movie is made just by the visuals. Yes it's beautiful and all but the characters are very well mapped out and the film is well acted, plus the script is very well done. It isn't exactly 2012.


                RIP TheManInBlack

                Comment


                • Originally posted by Brodeur View Post
                  I don't get why people think the movie is made just by the visuals. Yes it's beautiful and all but the characters are very well mapped out and the film is well acted, plus the script is very well done. It isn't exactly 2012.
                  I thought you said you didn't see 2012 . . .
                  R.I.P. L.E.F.
                  "I am the one who knocks!"

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by Xiomera View Post
                    I thought you said you didn't see 2012 . . .
                    Is this your first ever post in the movie thread??

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by Lions WMD View Post
                      Is this your first ever post in the movie thread??
                      Eleventh . . .
                      R.I.P. L.E.F.
                      "I am the one who knocks!"

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by Brodeur View Post
                        They were modeled after Native Americans Unseen, Cameron wasn't trying to hide that. How that is racist is beyond me.
                        I said almost racist. May have been a bad word. I meant that if he was trying to somehow be respectful to Native Americans by the portrayal, it didn't come off as that. It came off as corny to me, and thus a bit disrespectful by classifying the aliens as weird enough to warrant a weird race to be modeled after.

                        by BoneKrusher
                        <DG> how metal unseen
                        <TheUnseen> Drunken Canadian Bastard: There's an APS for that

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by Xiomera View Post
                          I thought you said you didn't see 2012 . . .
                          That wasn't the point. I was trying to list a convulted action movie with a bad story, and since all Roland Emmerich movies have bad stories, I just listed his most recent.


                          RIP TheManInBlack

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by Brodeur View Post
                            That wasn't the point. I was trying to list a convulted action movie with a bad story, and since all Roland Emmerich movies have bad stories, I just listed his most recent.
                            I won't argue with your assessment of that piece of **** movie. I just wanted to call you out.
                            R.I.P. L.E.F.
                            "I am the one who knocks!"

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by Brodeur View Post
                              since all Roland Emmerich movies have bad stories
                              You just dont know cinematic genius when you see it ;)


                              Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011

                              Comment


                              • I saw avatar in 3d last night. I agree the story was a little cheesy, but did not take away from the enjoyment of the movie.

                                Didn't feel like 2.5 hours to me.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X

                                Debug Information