No announcement yet.

Movie Discussion Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Beavis and Butthead Do America is a beautiful film.

RIP TheManInBlack

Comment

• Originally posted by Brodeur View Post
      Beavis and Butthead Do America is a beautiful film.
      "we need some TP for his bunghole? what did he say?"

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011

Comment

• Originally posted by iowatreat54 View Post
        Well, to be fair Nelson Mandela himself is a better story than any rugby story, or any sport story for that matter. While I personally saw the trailers and knew the film would be about Mandela predominantly, I guess they kinda did lead on like it would be about the sport more than it may be.
        Although Mandela is a great story himself, let's not short change what the rugby team did. This team was awful! Downright embarrassing and a signal of oppression to the colored South Africans. When they decided to turn it around, they united a nation.

I also tripped out seeing Damon playing Flanker, where they usually stand 6'4" and up lol

Comment

• Originally posted by YAYareaRB View Post
          Although Mandela is a great story himself, let's not short change what the rugby team did. This team was awful! Downright embarrassing and a signal of oppression to the colored South Africans. When they decided to turn it around, they united a nation.

I also tripped out seeing Damon playing Flanker, where they usually stand 6'4" and up lol
          I loved Jonah Lomu in the movie. He was perfect. It was also cool how they integrated real footage when they were watching New Zealand play.

Comment

• Originally posted by YAYareaRB View Post

Oh, I didn't mean to downplay the rugby story at all. Just pointing out that Mandela's story is greater than any sports story pretty much ever. Also, I'm sure they figured more people would be interested in that side of the story more than the actual sport side.

I do agree, that they kinda marketed it as a story about rugby and how it brought the country together, so you might think they focus more on the sport than based on the previews.

Comment

• Watched Paper Heart last night, the movie with Charlyne Yi and Michael Cera. It was okay.. kinda quirky and cute. It wasn't bad and I was entertained (and even laughed a decent amount).

Originally posted by fenikz
              His soft D really turns me off
              ** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **

Comment

• Originally posted by yo123 View Post
                Avatar bored me. Way to ******* long. Sure the visuals were awesome and all...but meh.
                did you watch it in 3D?

I thought the effects were amazing, but the story in itself was a little out there.

Originally posted by 49erNation85
                I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.

Comment

• Originally posted by SickwithIt1010 View Post
                  did you watch it in 3D?

I thought the effects were amazing, but the story in itself was a little out there.

Yeah I did, the 3D part was definitely cool. But take out the effects and I would have barely made it through the movie.

Comment

• Originally posted by Brent View Post
                    "we need some TP for his bunghole? what did he say?"
                    "what is lobby? will there be TP?"

Comment

• After movies like Batman Begins and The Dark Knight the 1966 batman is just so funny to watch.

Comment

• Originally posted by iowatreat54 View Post
                        Oh, I didn't mean to downplay the rugby story at all. Just pointing out that Mandela's story is greater than any sports story pretty much ever. Also, I'm sure they figured more people would be interested in that side of the story more than the actual sport side.

I do agree, that they kinda marketed it as a story about rugby and how it brought the country together, so you might think they focus more on the sport than based on the previews.

See, I disagree with that. At least in the context of this discussion. Nelson Mandela is one of the great stories of the 20th century, in real life, but not for a movie.

Comment

• Yeah, it really depends on who the population being targeted is. Me being only 22, I didn't know much of the Mandela story until recently and am much more interested in the 'sports' side of recent big events and stories...Miracle, Remember the Titans, etc.

To their country then absolutely it is probably one of the greatest real-life stories of all time. Racial equality, struggles, and such are harder for me to comprehend the magnitude of the situations because I wasn't either alive or there. So I guess it doesn't carry as much weight and is a bit harder for me to understand the significance.

Blah, blah, blah, expecting more of a sport's movie and getting something different is part of my reasoning as far as critiquing the movie.
                          Last edited by Whistler6; 01-02-2010, 09:14 PM.

Comment

• Just got back from Sherlock Holmes. I liked it a lot & so did the wife. While RDJ was his usual great self, Jude Law was just as great. That is all.
                            Originally posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
                            Thanks jerks, I have an exam tomorrow and reading this lowered my IQ by 14 points. Dicks.

Comment

• Originally posted by A Perfect Score View Post
                              I was very disappointed to not see the Rachel McAdams corset scene in Sherlock Holmes. Will have to wait for the DVD for that. As for Sci Fi of the year, I liked D9, but Avatar and Moon were both better films IMO.

Touching upon the Aronofsky business, I was one of the few people who wasnt a big fan of The Wrestler. I felt it had a good performance by Rourke, but outside of that the movie fell flat for me. I know alot of people loved it, and I respect that, but it didnt do it for me.

Touching upon Sci Fi movies, Dark City is very underrated, so I agree with that. Also, Sunshine is a movie which I really feel was a fantastic and underrated sci fi movie.

That said, my favorite sci fi from the past decade is Minority Report. I absolutely love that flick. One of my all time top 10 sci fi films and definitely my top from the last 10 years (I dont think ESSM is a Sci Fi movie, more of a romantic dramedy with sci fi elements)
                              I just watched Dark City last week. I liked it, but found myself liking the idea behind it better than the actual movie. Several of the scenes just looked like crap. Also, the final battle in the end was pretty terrible. But I thought Kiefer Sutherland's performance was great, and while some may not, I thought Rufus Sewell did well with the lead role.

Overall I liked the movie and think it's worth seeing, but I wouldn't put it on par with Sci-Fi's such as The Matrix or Children of Men.

Comment

• Finally watched this one, i enjoyed it but i need to watch it again, because theres so much going on. The story and acting is not over the top, just like City of God, it's nice to see a gang/mafia flick that is not american.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information