No announcement yet.

Movie Discussion Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tarantino's acceptance speech tonight after winning a screenplay award for Basterds;

"These guys know. My material is not easy. It's hard. I cannot have dumb actors do my dialogue. I've tried it and it was a disaster. So I want to thank my lovely actors for taking my words and singing my song and doing my poetry. God bless you."

Comment

• Originally posted by comahan View Post
      Tarantino's acceptance speech tonight after winning a screenplay award for Basterds;

"These guys know. My material is not easy. It's hard. I cannot have dumb actors do my dialogue. I've tried it and it was a disaster. So I want to thank my lovely actors for taking my words and singing my song and doing my poetry. God bless you."
      Impressive that he was able to complement himself while trying to complement his cast

Thanks to BoneKrusher Credit and Rep to him for the sig.

Comment

• Originally posted by jayceheathman View Post
        I just got back from Avatar and it was just okay. Nothing special and definitely not 1.4 billion special. The ending was predictable.
        Did you see it in 3D?

Comment

• Originally posted by comahan View Post
          Tarantino's acceptance speech tonight after winning a screenplay award for Basterds;

Tarantino is very pretentious but god damn it I love his movies.

Also watched Being John Malkovich tonight. I thought it was really good and very well done. John Cusak did a great job. I don't know how Charlie Kaufman comes up with this stuff but that man has some brilliantly original ideas in his head.

Comment

• here are all the movies ive seen from 2009

Inglourious Basterds / 9.3
            District 9 / 8.8
            The Hurt locker / 8.8
            Up In The Air / 8.5
            Star Trek / 8.4
            Where the Wild Things Are / 8.4
            Zombie Land / 8.3
            The Men Who Stare at Goats / 8.1
            Watchmen / 8.0
            The Road / 7.7
            44 Inch Chest / 7.7
            Moon / 7.6
            The Goods: Live Hard, Sell Hard / 7.5
            The Hangover / 7.3
            I Love You, Man / 7.2
            Extract / 7.1
            A Perfect Getaway / 6.9
            Funny People / 6.8
            I Love You, Beth Cooper / 6.5
            Terminator Salvation / 6.4
            Year One / 6.4
            Angels & Demons / 6.3
            Observe and Report / 5.9
            Jennifer's Body / 5.4
            X-Men Origins: Wolverine / 5.4
            2012 / 5.2
            All About Steve / 4.8
            Knowing / 4.1

with my randomly based grade

Comment

• Originally posted by Paranoidmoonduck View Post
              Did you see it in 3D?
              Yeah I did although not much of the movie seemed to be in 3D.

Comment

Yeah I did although not much of the movie seemed to be in 3D.
                Um, what? The whole movie was shot in 3D as far as I could tell.

What I'm hearing is that you saw a version of Avatar that allowed you to give a crap about the plot. Which is too bad.

Comment

Um, what? The whole movie was shot in 3D as far as I could tell.

What I'm hearing is that you saw a version of Avatar that allowed you to give a crap about the plot. Which is too bad.
                  Very few parts seemed to be in 3D and pop out of the screen. It is pretty much an expensive Pixar movie.

Comment

Very few parts seemed to be in 3D and pop out of the screen. It is pretty much an expensive Pixar movie.
                    That doesn't sound anything like the movie I saw. I don't really know what else to say.

Comment

• the book of eli is ******* awesome! way better than the reviews!

Bonekrusher.

Originally posted by JordanTaber
                      Football...it's rocket surgery now, folks.

Comment

That doesn't sound anything like the movie I saw. I don't really know what else to say.
                        If you go into Avatar with massive expectations and having read all the knocks like hidden religious messages and Native American racism, then you might be a bit disappointed.

I feel sorry for the people who did that, because to me, I got to escape real life for 2 and a half hours and simply enjoy a freak'n awesome sci-fi adventure flick. Can't think too hard during a movie like Avatar.
                        Last edited by Whistler6; 01-16-2010, 01:39 PM.

Comment

• Avatar is a movie that had lost its luster in the weeks after I saw it. (multiple times at that) In fact, I dare say that in the years that follow, as its trademark effects and 3D are improved upon and used for other films, its limitations in regards to story and acting will become all the more apparent. I don't think it will age well.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shiver View Post
                            Avatar is a movie that had lost its luster in the weeks after I saw it. (multiple times at that) In fact, I dare say that in the years that follow, as its trademark effects and 3D are improved upon and used for other films, its limitations in regards to story and acting will become all the more apparent. I don't think it will age well.
                            This is what I've been saying. Effects and stuff are ultimately secondary to me when I rate a movie. It's nice and cool but it's icing on the cake - it exists to further the storyline that is made. And if the storyline sux as I thought it did, so much for the effects.

by BoneKrusher
                            <DG> how metal unseen
                            <TheUnseen> Drunken Canadian Bastard: There's an APS for that

Comment

• Originally posted by prock View Post
                              the book of eli is ******* awesome! way better than the reviews!
                              I thought the exact opposite, that movie wasnt very good at all. I was very disappointed.

Also, I agree with Shiver. I thought Avatar was cool after I saw it but afterwards I just kept realizing how average the movie was. I could never sit through it again unless I saw it in Imax.

Originally posted by WMD
                              Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
                              Originally posted by gpngc
                              I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.

Comment

• Originally posted by prock View Post
                                the book of eli is ******* awesome! way better than the reviews!
                                If you were baked..maybe. But no it wasn't. He beheaded a guy and that's about the only redeemable part of the film. I thought for a second I was gonna see naked Mila Kunis but noooooo, Denzel don't roll with no white skank ass hoes.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information