Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Movie Discussion Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • I know this is blasephemy, but I feel Stanley Kubrick is a tad overrated as a director. Don't get me wrong, I still think he is good, but he doesn't deserve the lofty status that he gets. I seriously don't like the 30 minutes of no dialougue in his movies as well as I feel that he sometimes strings out a scene.


    Originally posted by Halsey
    I don't have to watch it to know it was not interesting.

    Comment


    • Originally posted by Turtlepower View Post
      I know this is blasephemy, but I feel Stanley Kubrick is a tad overrated as a director. Don't get me wrong, I still think he is good, but he doesn't deserve the lofty status that he gets. I seriously don't like the 30 minutes of no dialougue in his movies as well as I feel that he sometimes strings out a scene.
      you hold you tongue.... ;)

      Comment


      • Originally posted by Paul View Post
        Well he is a pretty good actor and he has been in some classics. Babel, Se7en, 12 Monkeys, The Oceans series, Snatch and of course Fight Club. And I haven't seen the Jesse James flick yet, but I heard it was pretty good.
        Babel, a classic??

        That movie was terrible.

        I would put Kubrick in my top 10 for directors. I (and everyone basically) liked his middle-career stuff like Dr. Strangelove, Clockwork Orange, The Shining, Full Metal Jacket.



        <+fenikz> "**** the Police, ride my fischstache bitches"

        Comment


        • Originally posted by fischbowl View Post
          Babel, a classic??

          That movie was terrible.

          I would put Kubrick in my top 10 for directors. I (and everyone basically) liked his middle-career stuff like Dr. Strangelove, Clockwork Orange, The Shining, Full Metal Jacket.
          WHAT? I Loved Babel. It maybe to soon to be classic, give you that. But I still loved it.

          Comment


          • I agree, Babel was not that good...jumped around too much and the story was convoluted....Pitt was good in it but it is in no way a classic....

            Comment


            • Originally posted by Turtlepower View Post
              I know this is blasephemy, but I feel Stanley Kubrick is a tad overrated as a director. Don't get me wrong, I still think he is good, but he doesn't deserve the lofty status that he gets. I seriously don't like the 30 minutes of no dialougue in his movies as well as I feel that he sometimes strings out a scene.
              I understand your opinion but i just respectfully disagree. His movies were not and are not mainstream. They are weird, and different, artistic not all about plot but the mood. I personally loved A Clockwork Orange, Full Metal Jacket, 2001, The Shining, etc. 2001 is about visualizing, thats why there is little dialogue. Its not a piece about the characters but the beauty of space, the conflict ebtween man and machine, questions about god, etc. They are not for everyone and that's totally ok

              sig by jkpigskin

              2007 SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS

              2011 SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS

              Comment


              • anyone seen Mean Machine before?

                it's got Vinnie Jones so it has to be bad ass, it supposed to be a UK adapation of the Longest Yard, im downloading it now

                looks like it's got a lot of guys from Lock, Stock & Two Smoking Barrels & Snatch
                Last edited by fenikz; 01-09-2008, 01:32 AM.

                Comment


                • any guy ritchie movie is certain to be badass...

                  memento anybody?

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by JagHombre22 View Post
                    any guy ritchie movie is certain to be badass...

                    memento anybody?
                    This movie was real badass...


                    stephenson86

                    Comment


                    • any guy ritchie movie without Madonna...is badass...

                      there, happy?

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by JagHombre22 View Post
                        any guy ritchie movie is certain to be badass...

                        memento anybody?
                        Guy Ritchie didn't have anything to do with Memento as far as I know.

                        Comment


                        • i watched 21 grams last night. i really enjoyed it. thought the chick in it acted really well as did everyone else. and boobs.


                          Silverback....still the best.

                          +rep to Jakey for the sig

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by Lions WMD View Post
                            Guy Ritchie didn't have anything to do with Memento as far as I know.
                            you're right...I was thinking guy...and got mixed with guy pierce....my bad...

                            Comment


                            • has anyone seen revolver?

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by terribletowel39 View Post
                                i watched 21 grams last night. i really enjoyed it. thought the chick in it acted really well as did everyone else. and boobs.
                                boobs are always good.
                                CHRIS PETERSEN > STEVE SARKISIAN AND JIM MORA. CALL ME WHEN ONE MAKES A BCS BOWL.


                                Originally posted by slightlyabroncosfan
                                JBalla is mormon, so naturally he assumes that whenever you get one marriage done, another two or five are in the works.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X

                                Debug Information