• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by kwilk103 View Post
    bout to watch a movie

inglorious bastards or the hurt locker

havent seen either one
    Ugh, I still need to see both of those...

You know what movie is really underrated? "Adventureland".
    Scott Wright, President
    Draft Countdown.com
    www.draftcountdown.com

Twitter: twitter.com/DraftCountdown

Draft Countdown Podcast, Every Tuesday at 8 PM EST
    www.blogtalkradio.com/draftcountdown and on iTunes

Comment

• I didn't like Adventureland. The only thing I could focus on was Kristen Stewart and counting how many times she touches her hair.
      Credit to BoneKrusher for the Sig
      RIP themaninblack

Comment

• I know a lot of people liked it and it got great reviews also...but, I didnt like it either. It was marketed as some big ole comedy and it wasnt funny at all. More coming of age and romance than a comedy.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
        http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
        KO KNOWS

Comment

• Originally posted by Scott Wright View Post
          Ugh, I still need to see both of those...

You know what movie is really underrated? "Adventureland".
          i love that movie. The soundtrack is awesome and the main character is like michael cera but cooler. He's kinda pathetic but he also has a side of him that makes him more manly than the typical cera character. There were just so many great moments. I also am a sucker for the coming of age style comedy like Dazed and Confused.

Comment

• I'm with VooDoo and Moth. It was solid but nothing great.
            #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• Yeah but Dazed and Confused was actually good. Adventureland was forgettable and boring. But that's just me.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
              http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
              KO KNOWS

Comment

• Originally posted by josh07039 View Post
                i love that movie. The soundtrack is awesome. There were just so many great moments. I also am a sucker for the coming of age style comedy like Dazed and Confused.
                I agree with that.

I think the whole key with "Adventureland" was expectations. If you went into it expecting another "Superbad" you probably came away disappointed because it's a very different type of flick. I guess it might be one of those people either love or hate.
                Scott Wright, President
                Draft Countdown.com
                www.draftcountdown.com

Comment

• Adventureland is awesome. I've seen it twice, really enjoyed it.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Unseen View Post
                    I did not see Avatar in 3D. I was told by someone that they didn't care about the plot because they saw it in 3D and it was so awesome, like a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity. I guess if I had seen it in 3D I wouldn't be so harsh, but c'est la vie.
                    I saw it in a normal theater and was pretty impressed. The story was all right, although I'm not usually a huge fan of that genre. The visuals were amazing though and I'm going to see it in iMax 3D after I get back from the Senior Bowl. I've never even been to an iMax movie before but it sounds like I am in for a treat.
                    Scott Wright, President
                    Draft Countdown.com
                    www.draftcountdown.com

Comment

• I saw Avatar in IMAX 3d and it was as amazing as advertised. Definitely see it in IMAX 3d if that option is available to you, even if you've already seen it. You won't be disappointed and it's definitely worth the price of admission.

Originally posted by fenikz
                      His soft D really turns me off
                      ** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **

Comment

• Originally posted by vidae View Post
                        I saw Avatar in IMAX 3d and it was as amazing as advertised. Definitely see it in IMAX 3d if that option is available to you, even if you've already seen it. You won't be disappointed and it's definitely worth the price of admission.
                        I went to see it once in 3D and I'm going to see it tomorrow with approximately 1/2 of my extended family.

I get to see it in IMAX 3D at the end of the month. :)

Comment

• Originally posted by Scott Wright View Post
                          I agree with that.

I think the whole key with "Adventureland" was expectations. If you went into it expecting another "Superbad" you probably came away disappointed because it's a very different type of flick. I guess it might be one of those people either love or hate.
                          I agree 100%, I really went in not knowing much about how the movie was advertised or even what it was going to be about. And when I spoke to one of my friends who watches eveery trailer known to man and researches every detail of upcoming movies, he said he didn't really like it( probably because of overhype).

Btw, I was in no way saying it was as good as dazed and confused, but it is a really good movie.
                          Last edited by josh07039; 01-17-2010, 02:45 AM.

Comment

• When I think about it, Adventureland was probably my favorite pure comedy of the year.
                            I expected pretty much what I got, and that was really good. Nothing amazing, but very solid and I can't think of anything I really liked better than it.

Comment

• Just seen Book of Eli. Came away pleased

Comment

• Paranormal Activity was actually entertaining, only because we made it fun and exciting. Every time a door opened me and my friend would say, "Holy Shyt!" or "Holy Fack!" since something really scary was happening. It ruined the movie for my girlfriend, but at least I got a lot of laughs out of it.

Awful movie.
                                Originally posted by Scott Wright
                                I honestly believe Reggie Bush has turned into exactly the type of player I envisioned.
                                Originally posted by PossibleCabbage
                                I would like it if there were more successful black Quarterbacks in the NFL...
                                Originally posted by bearsfan_51
                                iamcandian lives in a cabin in the Yukon Territory and writes letters to railroad barons about the price of hard tack.
                                Originally posted by GatorsBullsFan
                                I could possibly see Matthew Stafford Dropping out of the 1st round
                                Originally posted by GoRavens
                                Tahj Boyd has the best fundamentals of any QB in this class, I think his game translates great to the NFL.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information