No announcement yet.

Movie Discussion Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Watched Naked Lunch last night and I was ******* amazed. Such an interesting movies that instantly made me want to read everything I can on the life of William S. Burroughs.

Comment

• Originally posted by Whistler6 View Post
      If those were actual predictions then that's pretty much amazing. No way did I expect The Hangover to win. Award shows fall flat for the most part, but Robert Downey Jr.'s acceptance speech was so money.
      It was a good night. :) Yeah, I predicted them on Thursday. I posted it in this thread and its a few pages back or so. Everyone thought for sure Avatar wouldnt win and The Hangover wouldnt win after I posted what I thought would happen. For "Best Picture" I figured all the hype and tons of publicity behind Avatar gave it a good chance to beat Up in the Air. Also, James Cameron seemed to be in the lead for Best Director so I figured "how can you win best director and your movie not win best picture?" so I went with Avatar over Up in the Air. With "Best Picture for a Comedy or Musical," the two that stood out seemed to be The Hangover and Nine. Nine had pretty bad reviews so I went with The Hangover.

Comment

• Watched 'Up in the Air' last night and it really surprised me. Clooney was solid and the rest of the cast was good too. I'm glad it won the best Screenplay award.

Comment

• About to watch the Darjeeling Limited. I'm pretty excited

Comment

• That movie bored me.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
            http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
            KO KNOWS

Comment

• I just watched Sherlock Holmes. I liked it a lot.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011

Comment

• Originally posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
                That movie bored me.
                Wasn't that whole movie in slow motion? Wes Anderson really needs to stop. The first few movies it was a nice little homage to Scorsese, now it's like he's spoofing himself.

Anyway, went and saw The Lovely Bones. What a waste of 18 bucks. The only good thing was watching the trailer for Shutter Island before the movie even started. It had two or three very well made scenes, but it's just a cluster **** of a movie that was ultimately pointless and completely worthless.
                Originally posted by Scott Wright
                I honestly believe Reggie Bush has turned into exactly the type of player I envisioned.
                Originally posted by PossibleCabbage
                I would like it if there were more successful black Quarterbacks in the NFL...
                Originally posted by bearsfan_51
                iamcandian lives in a cabin in the Yukon Territory and writes letters to railroad barons about the price of hard tack.
                Originally posted by GatorsBullsFan
                I could possibly see Matthew Stafford Dropping out of the 1st round
                Originally posted by GoRavens
                Tahj Boyd has the best fundamentals of any QB in this class, I think his game translates great to the NFL.

Comment

• Darjeeling Limited wasn't very memorable at all. really disappointing.

Comment

• watched The Young Victoria last night. Good flick. Im a sucker for period pieces!

Comment

• I guess we know what is winning Best Costume at the Commie awards now.

RIP TheManInBlack

Comment

• Originally posted by Splat View Post
                        I still don't know why so many people liked District 9?

I could not wait for it to be over.
                        District 9 was one of the best movies of the year and I wasn't even at much of a theater.

A realistic portrayal of the grand moment of aliens arriving, only for disappointment and bullying, and realistic anti-hero on a shoestring budget with a no-name cast. It alternates between being raw and polished, understated and spectacular. Hell, they throw in a battlesuit (at the Avatar level) and splatter.

It also reveals a ton without beating the audience bluntly. Watch the rescue scene and firefight again, IMO.

This is what movies like Total Recall wish they could be, or a modern nod to Blade Runner.
                        Last edited by singe_101; 01-18-2010, 11:03 PM.
                        DeAngelo Hall looks like James Harden.

Comment

• Originally posted by Paul View Post
                          Darjeeling Limited wasn't very memorable at all. really disappointing.
                          I found that describing the plot of Darjeeling Limited is much funnier than the movie.

Thanks to BoneKrusher Credit and Rep to him for the sig.

Comment

• Cage match to the death, who wins...A Navi or a Prawn?

Comment

• I've still never seen Avatar but for whatever reason, they're supposed to be hard to kill, right? Prawns certainly win in the looks department but, you could just as easily shoot one in the head or do some serious damage throwing a rock or something. lol. They're not warriors or anything. At least these ones werent.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
                              http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
                              KO KNOWS

Comment

• just saw Avatar for the 1st time tonight in IMAX 3D, WOW it was amazing

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information