Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Movie Discussion Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by hobbes2053 View Post
    So awesomely enjoyable.
    Just got finished watching this actually. It had perhaps had the strangest pacing of any Wes Anderson movie, but it managed to pull it off. Really entertaining.

    Comment


    • Finally got around to watching Moon and......it was ******* awesome. Great concept, amazing performance by Rockwell. I was blown away.

      Comment


      • I was talked into watching Orphan. Even though, I already knew the horrible plot twist and everything, and had no interest in it. Anyway, I laughed more than anything but yeah, it sucked.

        Two things I can take away from this movie.

        1. Vera Farmiga is still hot.

        2. The little girl who plays their birth daughter, Max, is the most adorable little kid I've ever seen. She melts your heart. haha. I kind of feel bad that she had to be in such a graphically violent movie. And I normally hate child actors.

        It's funny, though...you look at that girl's IMDB page and every single topic is about how cute she is.

        But anyway, the movie sucked and I'm not surprised.

        Thanks BoneKrusher^

        http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
        http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
        KO KNOWS

        Comment


        • Originally posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
          I was talked into watching Orphan. Even though, I already knew the horrible plot twist and everything, and had no interest in it. Anyway, I laughed more than anything but yeah, it sucked.

          Two things I can take away from this movie.

          1. Vera Farmiga is still hot.

          2. The little girl who plays their birth daughter, Max, is the most adorable little kid I've ever seen. She melts your heart. haha. I kind of feel bad that she had to be in such a graphically violent movie. And I normally hate child actors.

          It's funny, though...you look at that girl's IMDB page and every single topic is about how cute she is.

          But anyway, the movie sucked and I'm not surprised.
          I always thought 11 was the lowest age you went but I suppose it's 8. To each their own.


          RIP TheManInBlack

          Comment


          • I was just wondering if people could explain why they love 500 Days of Summer so much. I thought there were no fantastic performances although Geoffrey Arend was pretty funny. I really didn't find either of the main characters to be likable or complex in any way. I get that Zooey Deshcanel's character wasn't supposed to be likable but I really didn't find her all that intriguing either. While clever at places, I thought the writing was nothing special. I neither laughed nor felt genuine emotion throughout the film. And I'm not the type that hates romantic comedies/chick flicks, quite the contrary actually. Basically I'm just curious what other people saw in this movie that I found to be incredibly average.

            Comment


            • Originally posted by josh07039 View Post
              I was just wondering if people could explain why they love 500 Days of Summer so much. I thought there were no fantastic performances although Geoffrey Arend was pretty funny. I really didn't find either of the main characters to be likable or complex in any way. I get that Zooey Deshcanel's character wasn't supposed to be likable but I really didn't find her all that intriguing either. While clever at places, I thought the writing was nothing special. I neither laughed nor felt genuine emotion throughout the film. And I'm not the type that hates romantic comedies/chick flicks, quite the contrary actually. Basically I'm just curious what other people saw in this movie that I found to be incredibly average.
              Aside from JGL and Zooey's respective awesomeness, I really liked how the movie was done. The day-counter screen and the non-chronological sequence of events, among other things, made the movie much more enjoyable than if it were shown in order. All of that and I was looking forward to seeing it once I heard about it last summer.


              worker bees can leave
              even drones can fly away
              the queen is their slave

              themaninblack
              15

              Comment


              • The Hurt Locker was everything JarHead could have/should have been. Don't get me wrong, I think JarHead was a solid movie but Hurt Locker portrays the emotions, adrenaline, anxiety, stress, emptiness etc in a way that not movies have ever been able to.

                Really great performance by the 3 lead actors. There's not much joy to bed had in a movie like this, but it definitely defines the word "real". Worthy of all the accolades and nominations.

                Comment


                • Originally posted by josh07039 View Post
                  I was just wondering if people could explain why they love 500 Days of Summer so much. I thought there were no fantastic performances although Geoffrey Arend was pretty funny. I really didn't find either of the main characters to be likable or complex in any way. I get that Zooey Deshcanel's character wasn't supposed to be likable but I really didn't find her all that intriguing either. While clever at places, I thought the writing was nothing special. I neither laughed nor felt genuine emotion throughout the film. And I'm not the type that hates romantic comedies/chick flicks, quite the contrary actually. Basically I'm just curious what other people saw in this movie that I found to be incredibly average.
                  I thought it was an incredibly genuine movie, and a very real portrayal of that sort of relationship. For anyone who has even had unrequited feelings for someone, its a movie that hits very close to home. At least it was for me. Not to mention, nowadays, every single ******* romantic comedy is the EXACT SAME FORMULA, and this was refreshingly original. Great acting by the two leads, especially JGL, who has really come into his own. Great script, I actually went back and read it after seeing the movie, and its excellently done. Its has worked its way into my personal Top 10 and I havent loved a rom com like that since Eternal Sunshine.
                  Originally posted by Mr. Goosemahn
                  The APS is strong in this one.
                  Originally posted by killxswitch
                  Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by Brodeur View Post
                    I always thought 11 was the lowest age you went but I suppose it's 8. To each their own.
                    You're a sick man.

                    Thanks BoneKrusher^

                    http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
                    http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
                    KO KNOWS

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
                      You're a sick man.
                      Right. 11 is by far too old.

                      Comment


                      • Damn pedos...haha.

                        Thanks BoneKrusher^

                        http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
                        http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
                        KO KNOWS

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by Whistler6 View Post
                          The Hurt Locker was everything JarHead could have/should have been. Don't get me wrong, I think JarHead was a solid movie but Hurt Locker portrays the emotions, adrenaline, anxiety, stress, emptiness etc in a way that not movies have ever been able to.

                          Really great performance by the 3 lead actors. There's not much joy to bed had in a movie like this, but it definitely defines the word "real". Worthy of all the accolades and nominations.
                          I think Jarhead is an incredibly underrated film. Most people complain about everything that ISN'T in Jarhead. "There's no action!" or (fill in the blank) "There's none of _______. Why wasn't _____ in there?" or "It could have been so much better if they ______."

                          Jarhead is a phenomenal character study and my favorite Jake Gyllenhaal performance (Really, the one I like... Donnie Darko was solid, but not noteworthy). There wasn't much action in the Gulf War. I thought it was an accurate depiction. I think it's similar to the first half of Full Metal Jacket, but not so over-the-top and much more grounded in realism. Showing how the preparations of war can drive someone to the place that Swofford ends up, without actually killing, or even getting close enough to see an enemy, is pretty hard to pull off, and it certainly isn't for anyone. That kind of boredom, which is what Jarhead depicts... the waiting for battle becomes so gruesome that he would rather just fight and die and get it over with instead of continue waiting in the desert. At least he would have a clean conscience.

                          There are some truly great scenes and the cinematography is amazing. Sarsgaard was miscast, but it was an otherwise flawless film.

                          By far my two favorite war films of the decade, but The Hurt Locker is much more entertaining, and probably slightly better because of it.
                          Originally posted by Scott Wright
                          I honestly believe Reggie Bush has turned into exactly the type of player I envisioned.
                          Originally posted by PossibleCabbage
                          I would like it if there were more successful black Quarterbacks in the NFL...
                          Originally posted by bearsfan_51
                          iamcandian lives in a cabin in the Yukon Territory and writes letters to railroad barons about the price of hard tack.
                          Originally posted by GatorsBullsFan
                          I could possibly see Matthew Stafford Dropping out of the 1st round
                          Originally posted by GoRavens
                          Tahj Boyd has the best fundamentals of any QB in this class, I think his game translates great to the NFL.

                          Comment


                          • Peter Sarsgaard is never miscast. The man can play anyone.

                            That said, between that post and your Moon one several pages back, you have actually said 2 things that aren't completely ********. I am a big fan of both Gyllenhaal and Jarhead, and I agree its a beautifully shot film and I know many of the complaints regarding the film stem from its lack of political commentary, but I don't think that it detracts from the film at all. Not to mention, the first 20 minutes of that film are absolutely spectacular.

                            Im actually watching The Hurt Locker as we speak for the second time. Awesomely tense movie, and Jeremy Renner rocks this role. He could definitely play Captain America or Hawkeye with no complaint from me.
                            Originally posted by Mr. Goosemahn
                            The APS is strong in this one.
                            Originally posted by killxswitch
                            Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.

                            Comment


                            • I think I'm going to watch State of Play some time today. Seems like all the reviews from you guys are pretty much the same. So, I'm expecting a decent to good movie, nothing earth shattering.

                              Thanks BoneKrusher^

                              http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
                              http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
                              KO KNOWS

                              Comment




                              • Looking forward to this one.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X

                                Debug Information