Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Brodeur View Post
    http://www.avclub.com/articles/enhan...l-3d-ve,39164/

James Cameron is the world's most arrogant and annoying prick.
    what a money-grubbing *****

by BoneKrusher
    <DG> how metal unseen
    <TheUnseen> Drunken Canadian Bastard: There's an APS for that

Comment

• Originally posted by Bengals78 View Post
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eP9W04ADO_Y

(embedding was disabled :()

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QvBAE...eature=channel

Just got to thinking and came to the conclusion that American Psycho is the best book to movie adaptation of all time IMO as far as both the book and the movie being equally entertaining. What a tricky book to 'get' and to translate to the big screen still not quite sure how an unknown Mary Harron was able to pull it off so near perfectly. I mean look at the scene I posted, with that scene she is able to translate the seemingly meaningless chapters of music reviews in the book into the movie flawlessly.

Oliver Stone is a talented guy and so is DiCaprio, but I doubt they would have gotten and captured Bret Easton Ellis so well on the big screen.

Now I just wish somebody would 'get' Glamorama.

Comment

• I wish they had of "got" The Informers. Super upset with the butchering of that adaptation, as its my favorite of the Ellis novels. The Rules of Attraction movie wasnt all that bad either if I remember correctly.
        Originally posted by Mr. Goosemahn
        The APS is strong in this one.
        Originally posted by killxswitch
        Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.

Comment

• I've read that Michel Gondry is slated to do a biopic of Deborah Harry & Blondie in those blurred days of post punk/early New Wave in the late 70s soon. Any buzz on the project yet? Kirsten Dunst has said she wants to play Harry.

Comment

• today is Pi day, so watch the awesome Aronofsky movie to commemorate if you've never seen it

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011

Comment

• Originally posted by A Perfect Score View Post
              I wish they had of "got" The Informers. Super upset with the butchering of that adaptation, as its my favorite of the Ellis novels. The Rules of Attraction movie wasnt all that bad either if I remember correctly.
              The Informers was so terrible I have officially blocked off all knowledge of it ever happening from my mind. I've never held anything bigger than a camera phone before and I honestly feel I could have made a better adaptation than whatever that garbage was.

btw I am reading a BEE interview right now and he mentions how he took Ben Stiller to court, sued him and won because of Zoolander and it's similarities to Glamorama. That one always makes me laugh.

Comment

• Yeah, I remember reading that. Zoolander was a pimp movie though, so its hard to hate Stiller for it.
                Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.

Comment

Yeah, I remember reading that. Zoolander was a pimp movie though, so its hard to hate Stiller for it.
                  Pimp movie? Don't ever say that again.

RIP TheManInBlack

Comment

• Originally posted by Paul View Post
                    Watching Tears of the Sun for like the billionth time. Still love it.
                    Love it too, I was grateful to see an action film with Bruce Willis as something other than a rogue cop. It's beautiful to watch, immaculately photographed, combat sequences orchestrated very well. Watch the scenes of Monica Belucci running in it -- she runs like a girl! You'll lyao.

Comment

Yeah, I remember reading that. Zoolander was a pimp movie though, so its hard to hate Stiller for it.
                      Originally posted by Brodeur View Post
                      Pimp movie? Don't ever say that again.
                      i laughed out loud

Comment

• I had to. Its the only way to describe Derek Zoolander. Pimp.

Comment

• Zoolander is ******* awesome Brodeur.

Comment

• When did I say it wasn't exactly? I was just making fun of APS' use of the word pimp, something he of all people should NEVER say.

RIP TheManInBlack

Comment

• Originally posted by Brodeur View Post
                              When did I say it wasn't exactly? I was just making fun of APS' use of the word pimp, something he of all people should NEVER say.
                              Then I'm glad we agree on something.

Comment

I wish they had of "got" The Informers. Super upset with the butchering of that adaptation, as its my favorite of the Ellis novels. The Rules of Attraction movie wasnt all that bad either if I remember correctly.
                                I believe you remember incorrectly, ****ing Dawson.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information