No announcement yet.

Movie Discussion Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I just think a sequel would ruin the whole thing...it was a one shot thing...and it was perfect...they shouldn't mess it up...

rarely are sequels never near as good as the original...

Comment

• Originally posted by JagHombre22 View Post
      I just think a sequel would ruin the whole thing...it was a one shot thing...and it was perfect...they shouldn't mess it up...

rarely are sequels never near as good as the original...
      I wouldn't worry about it. Scorsese never does sequels, even for his most successful films. Taxi Driver, the one film which was primed for a sequel didn't have one.

Comment

• It wasnt really a one shot thing though...because, the original movie, "Infernal Affairs" spawned two sequels. (one was a prequel) It's def. doable. I would rather there not be one, though.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
        http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
        KO KNOWS

Comment

• apparently there are talks about a sequel starring dingham...and as much as i love mark wahlberg, i think it would be a mistake to do a sequel. and mel gibson? wtf...he would have been a terrible gladiator. And completely ruined the departed, had he been cast.
          Originally posted by Mr. Goosemahn
          The APS is strong in this one.
          Originally posted by killxswitch
          Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.

Comment

• you guys haven't answered why there is so much hate towards Mel!

Comment

• That Anti-Semite rant didn't really help his cause.

Comment

you guys haven't answered why there is so much hate towards Mel!
                i just dont think that he would have been a good fit in either of those movies...im not a big fan of his, never have been. I dunno just never been a fan of his work...as an actor that is. I think hes an excellent director and behind the camera. just not i front of it. I feel the same way about ben affleck lol although i like his work more tehn mel. Braveheart was good though, thats prolly the only mel gibson movie i actually enjoyed.
                Originally posted by Mr. Goosemahn
                The APS is strong in this one.
                Originally posted by killxswitch
                Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.

Comment

• I agree that Mel Gibson is a better director...but....he's still a damn good actor to me...

Comment

The Mel Gibson Defense

Using alcoholism to cover one's mistakes, like blaming Jews for all the world's wars. You can pretty much say anything you want, as long as your drunk it doesn't count. You also get special treatment later because you have a problem.

Originally posted by Halsey
                    I don't have to watch it to know it was not interesting.

Comment

what was the last good movie he was actually in?

Brave Heart?

Comment

• I dont like Mel cause I like Jews.

"He's the leader of the next great class of NFL players." - John Elway on Matt Ryan

Comment

• http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0488988/

Chapter 27 looks interesting but it got terrible reviews. Supposedly Jared Leto has a career performance in a movie that suffered dearly from poor writing. Turning a classic such as Catcher In The Rye into this terrible story was an interesting thought at first, but failed miserbly, as it is missing so many elements established in the Salinger novel.
                          Leto put on 70 pounds for the role of Mark D. Chapman and is reported to be fantastic. Also with Lindsay Lohan, 30 Rock's Judah Friedlander, and ironically a guy named Mark Chapman playing John Lennon. I'm going to New York for a concert so maybe I'll get a chance to see it.

<+fenikz> "**** the Police, ride my fischstache bitches"

Comment

• Originally posted by fenikz View Post

Brave Heart?
                            I enjoyed Signs, We Were Soldiers and The Patriot.
                            SKOL VIKINGS!

Comment

• Originally posted by art vandelay View Post
                              I don't know if you guys have ever been to "notstarring.com" but it's pretty cool. Here's the top 25: http://www.notstarring.com/favorites.html
                              I can't believe no one commented on Stallone as Han Solo. Can you imagine Star Wars with Stallone instead of Harrison Ford?

Originally posted by Jakey
                              WWWWWWWWWTTTTTTTTTTTTFFFFFFFFFFF!!!

i am literally gonna kick a baby to death!

Comment

• Originally posted by fenikz View Post

Brave Heart?
                                DUH! What Women Want....don't you know anything?

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information