No announcement yet.

Movie Discussion Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My friends who saw it fell asleep through it. But they were high anyways.

One of them, a movie buff like myself, said the first half was OK but then it started to suck.

<+fenikz> "**** the Police, ride my fischstache bitches"

Comment

• Indy was a good movie until George Lucas decided to pay homage to Star Wars....

Comment

• That Zohan movie is going to suck. It looks SO stupid

Comment

• Originally posted by cdub11 View Post
          the dark knight is the only one im REALLY looking forward to
          Samsies

Originally posted by JagHombre22 View Post
          Indy was a good movie until George Lucas decided to pay homage to Star Wars....
          ughhh....

Originally posted by jayceheathman View Post
          That Zohan movie is going to suck. It looks SO stupid
          Exactly. I can't believe people actually want to see that.
          Credit to BoneKrusher for the Sig
          RIP themaninblack

Comment

• Originally posted by BamaFalcon59 View Post
            As far as the Happening, I heard that

Mark Wahlburg and his family get the toxin and kill themselves at the end. That is what pissed me off
            Sounds like he's trying to pull a shocker ending like...(Spoilers in white)

The Mist
            Credit to BoneKrusher for the Sig
            RIP themaninblack

Comment

• I will say this about INDY....

Shia Lebeouf was really good in it...I can definitely (in white)

I can definitely see them (George Lucas and Steven Spielberg) making the next film with Shia as the main character...after all his name is Henry Jones, Jr.

Comment

• Originally posted by JagHombre22 View Post
                Indy was a good movie until George Lucas decided to pay homage to Star Wars....
                oh cmon, that was badass.... i loved that line and the whole theater got a laugh

Comment

• Originally posted by BeerBaron View Post
                  oh cmon, that was badass.... i loved that line and the whole theater got a laugh
                  really??

You can't be serious...

this was quite possibly the worst Indy so far...no where near as good as the Last Crusade and not even on Par with the Lost Ark....it might be as good as the Temple of Doom but even that is a stretch...

Cate Blanchett was not very good as a creepy Russian Lady and I felt that they tried to make Harrison Ford carry the movie....

the movie no doubt will own the box office until Batman or Hancock comes out but other than that it is nothing totally special...

Comment

• Originally posted by jayceheathman View Post
                    That Zohan movie is going to suck. It looks SO stupid

If you're going to an Adam Sandler movie expecting thought stimulating cinema, you're wrong. You are just wrong.

Stand Tall and Shake the Heavens!
                    The Destroyer Is Manifest!
                    I reserve the rights to retract any posts made betwen midnight and 5 AM PST due to being really, really drunk

Comment

really??

You can't be serious...

this was quite possibly the worst Indy so far...no where near as good as the Last Crusade and not even on Par with the Lost Ark....it might be as good as the Temple of Doom but even that is a stretch...

Cate Blanchett was not very good as a creepy Russian Lady and I felt that they tried to make Harrison Ford carry the movie....

the movie no doubt will own the box office until Batman or Hancock comes out but other than that it is nothing totally special...
                      This all comes back to my theory that Steven Speilberg is in fact a ****** director. I read some stuff on this Indy and from what I can tell Speilberg called all the shot and made every decision and yet I still think Lucas will be blamed for this.

Comment

• Originally posted by DragonFireKai View Post
                        If you're going to an Adam Sandler movie expecting thought stimulating cinema, you're wrong. You are just wrong.
                        I assume you have never seen Punch Drunk Love. You are right though, none of his comedies have any depth to them at all.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. Gonzo View Post
                          I assume you have never seen Punch Drunk Love. You are right though, none of his comedies have any depth to them at all.
                          or Reign On Me...

but as far as Spielberg making all the decisions I don't think that's entirely true...

the sceenplay was written by Lucas...so the story came from him...and I must say the story goes to **** when Lucas decides to (in white)

make the aliens come alive and claims that they are from another dimension

Comment

really??

You can't be serious...

no, it wasnt as good as the old indy movies but i dont think anything they could possibly have come up with would have been. They were great classics. just look at this one for what it was and i don't think it was bad, i enjoyed it and so did everyone i went with. it got an applause at the end too....last movie i was at where i saw that happen was 300.

and i was just talking about the star wars line being badass, lol. that i liked. i liked the ark reference in the beggining too..... minor touches but i like to see things like that in movies like this.

just chill and enjoy it for what it was. i didnt go in with the expectation of it topping the old ones cause i knew it had no chance....but i just wanted to see a cool movie and that this was.

Comment

• Originally posted by BeerBaron View Post
                              no, it wasnt as good as the old indy movies but i dont think anything they could possibly have come up with would have been. They were great classics. just look at this one for what it was and i don't think it was bad, i enjoyed it and so did everyone i went with. it got an applause at the end too....last movie i was at where i saw that happen was 300.

and i was just talking about the star wars line being badass, lol. that i liked. i liked the ark reference in the beggining too..... minor touches but i like to see things like that in movies like this.

just chill and enjoy it for what it was. i didnt go in with the expectation of it topping the old ones cause i knew it had no chance....but i just wanted to see a cool movie and that this was.
                              it deserves criticism because they decided to re open the series and make a fourth movie....why make it if they are not going to attempt to make it better than the original three?

it wasn't just a movie for entertainment value...I'm sure Lucas and Spielberg intended it to be better than at least two of the first three originals....

Comment

it deserves criticism because they decided to re open the series and make a fourth movie....why make it if they are not going to attempt to make it better than the original three?

it wasn't just a movie for entertainment value...I'm sure Lucas and Spielberg intended it to be better than at least two of the first three originals....
                                well it wasnt and anyone who seriously thought it could be was probably kidding themselves. i didn't expect it to be and i liked some of the series throwbacks and enjoyed the movie for what it was. just my opinion and i won't try to change yours

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information