Movie Discussion Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Xiomera View Post
    I went into the film without much in the way of expectations. I am a fan of all of Shyamalan's previous films despite the bashing many of them have taken. I would say it is the weakest of his 6 major films, but I enjoyed it and its worth seeing.
    I think people expect each film to be another Sixth Sense or something. Everyone hated Lady in the Water but I enjoyed it. And it seems like everyone is hating on The Happening, just because he doesn't have some crazy plot twist, people hate his movies. I feel like he's just a damn good story teller and I take the movies in as such.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011

Comment

• Originally posted by RoyHall#1 View Post
      Bought A Night at the Roxbury, American History X, Super Troopers, and Reservoir Dogs. Looking forward to them.
      All fantastic choices.

<+fenikz> "**** the Police, ride my fischstache bitches"

Comment

• Alright, I'm really not a big movie guy, but today I sat down and watched No Country For Old Men (yes, I know how late I am watching it). Anyway really enjoyed the film, but could do with a little clarification on the ending, was it meant to be THAT open ended or did I miss something?

XBox 360 Gamertag: Bunj1986

Comment

• its supposed to be like that. i thought it was an appropriate ending.

Comment

• Originally posted by BrentN View Post
            And it seems like everyone is hating on The Happening, just because he doesn't have some crazy plot twist, people hate his movies.
            No no no no no. The Happening just had horrendous acting and a dumbass story told in an abysmal fashion. It was just a terrible movie, and M. Night really has lost his writing touch with his last two movies it seems.

RIP TheManInBlack

Comment

• He's only made two good movies, imo. The Sixth Sense and Unbreakable. Everything else was garbage. Signs didnt make a lick of sense at all...it was just stupid.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
              http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
              KO KNOWS

Comment

• Yeah, The Happening was pretty bad. I can't believe I've been to the movies twice since Iron Man, nothing good has been out.
                Last edited by SuperMcGee; 06-15-2008, 04:47 PM.

Comment

• M. Night has only had 2 good movies, The Sixth Sense and Unbreakable. The Sixth Sense was obviously amazing because of its twist, and a fantastic performance by Hailey Joel Osment. Unbreakable i liked for differant reasons, there was alot of subtlety in it that you have to catch on the 2nd time round. I disliked Signs, but it had its moments. The corn field moments IMO were teh scariest moments of the film.

Now, I could sit here all day and write about the village. I think that its one of his better works, id palce it third behind the other two. I think that people hated the twist, and while i agree to an extent, people hate it for the wrong reason. Most people hate The Village because of the twist, which wasnt a sterotypical holywood ending. But the feelings and emotions that were conveyed with his ending were excellent. Throughout the movie, we are given the idea that this is all happening because of something mystical or superhuman, yet in the end, SPOILER: its nothing mystical at all. If anything, M Night knows how to portray fear in individuals well.

I havent seen The Happening, but I read the spoilers and synopsis online, and it sounds like he just tried to hard. I honestly believe that movie script would have been 100X better if he had just left the event without explanation. Imagine the outcry! It'd be like the ending in the mist. fantastic, IMO.

anyways, sitll havent seen The Incredible Hulk, ill prolly go something this week, looks damn good and it got good reviews. Went out movie shopping again the other day, and I bought some sick titles. City of God (took me forever to find it dammit), The Butterfly Effect, and the first Xmen movie.
                  Originally posted by Mr. Goosemahn
                  The APS is strong in this one.
                  Originally posted by killxswitch
                  Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.

Comment

• hulk gets a 8/10 for me. but after seeing ironman, its not the same.

Comment

• Originally posted by A Perfect Score View Post
                      anyways, sitll havent seen The Incredible Hulk, ill prolly go something this week, looks damn good and it got good reviews.
                      Re-watch a few episodes of the 60's Hulk tv show before you go.

Comment

• just saw the Hulk today...it was good, not great...better than the 2003 one by a lot, but still not nearly as good as Iron Man...I do love all the Avengers tie-ins though

Comment

• For anyone who has seen The Happening...

Does Wahlburg die???
                          Virginia Tech.
                          ACC Champions 2004, 2007, 2008, 2010

Next Up: 2012

Comment

• By the way, for those who did and those who didn't see The Incredible Hulk

Spoilers:

Towards the end of the movie, they set up the Leader as the villian for the next Hulk movie. Mr. Blue a.k.a. Professor Samuel Sterns is the alter ego of the Leader and you see his head getting bigger like the Leader's

Comment

• Originally posted by BamaFalcon59 View Post
                              For anyone who has seen The Happening...

Does Wahlburg die???
                              Spoilers I guess:

No

RIP TheManInBlack

Comment

• Since I own like a .000000000000001% stake in Marvel, I say everyone should go see Hulk to make me money!

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information