Movie Discussion Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Hwoarang View Post
    Possibly but it's more to set up the avengers movie.
    I think an angle that hasn't been approached yet is a conjoined sequel with Iron Man and the Hulk. In the comics, Iron Man invented a "Hulk-Buster" armour that he used to fight the Hulk. Even though he lost, that "Hulk-Buster" armour was modified and it eventually became the War Machine armour that James Rhodes wore.

Instead of making a Hulk 2 and an Iron Man 2 before the Avengers movie, I think its very likely you see a Hulk vs. Iron Man sequel, along with Thor and Captain America movies, summing it up with an Avengers movie. An Ant Man movie is also in the works, and I can see Hank Pym offering tech support and new ideas for the avengers team. This avenue follows the source material, and it opens the doorway for War Machine to be involved, and also gives Marvel time to incorporate both heroes into a sequel before the Avengers movie. A co-sequel would be completely and utterly badass IMO

However, they did set up the villain for both heroes, as we saw the first little bit of The Leader in Hulk and we felt the influence of The Mandarin in Iron Man. I just think the idea of a co-sequel would give them alot of options and help prepare audiences for the hero smorgasbord that will be the avengers
    Originally posted by Mr. Goosemahn
    The APS is strong in this one.
    Originally posted by killxswitch
    Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.

Comment

• Originally posted by A Perfect Score View Post
      I think an angle that hasn't been approached yet is a conjoined sequel with Iron Man and the Hulk. In the comics, Iron Man invented a "Hulk-Buster" armour that he used to fight the Hulk. Even though he lost, that "Hulk-Buster" armour was modified and it eventually became the War Machine armour that James Rhodes wore.

Instead of making a Hulk 2 and an Iron Man 2 before the Avengers movie, I think its very likely you see a Hulk vs. Iron Man sequel, along with Thor and Captain America movies, summing it up with an Avengers movie. An Ant Man movie is also in the works, and I can see Hank Pym offering tech support and new ideas for the avengers team. This avenue follows the source material, and it opens the doorway for War Machine to be involved, and also gives Marvel time to incorporate both heroes into a sequel before the Avengers movie. A co-sequel would be completely and utterly badass IMO

However, they did set up the villain for both heroes, as we saw the first little bit of The Leader in Hulk and we felt the influence of The Mandarin in Iron Man. I just think the idea of a co-sequel would give them alot of options and help prepare audiences for the hero smorgasbord that will be the avengers
      That's a great idea and i'd like to see that more than each individual sequal but the way Hulk ended Stark was talking about "teaming up".

Comment

That's a great idea and i'd like to see that more than each individual sequal but the way Hulk ended Stark was talking about "teaming up".
        thats true, but its alot easier for stark to say he wants to team up with the hulk then to actually get the hulk to do it lol. While we saw Norton beginning to control the hulk we cant assume that he has complete control over it. The Iron Man vs. Hulk battle would be Iron Man's way of trying to recruit the hulk. That isnt exactly how it went down in the comics, but its close enough and would make for a great movie, especially if they went on to help each other in fighting their respective villains
        Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.

Comment

• I hate to do this, I really do, but I felt this needed to be shared...in the link im about to post, there are 12 clips from the upcoming Dark Knight film...im sure they all have major spoilers, but there are 12 of them, each about a minute long, scenes from the film...If you wanna watch em, go ahead, if you prefer the suspense, then you are stronger of mind then I am...because i gave in.

http://www.iesb.net/index.php?option...ctlink&id=1216

Comment

• The Mummy: Tomb of the Dragon Emperor

I hope it's good and glad to see Frasier back.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0859163/

Edit: Trailer doesn't look horrible. It also has Jet Li. That's a +

http://www.imdb.com/video/screenplay/vi2934309145/
            Last edited by Hwoarang; 06-27-2008, 05:40 PM.

Comment

I hate to do this, I really do, but I felt this needed to be shared...in the link im about to post, there are 12 clips from the upcoming Dark Knight film...im sure they all have major spoilers, but there are 12 of them, each about a minute long, scenes from the film...If you wanna watch em, go ahead, if you prefer the suspense, then you are stronger of mind then I am...because i gave in.

http://www.iesb.net/index.php?option...ctlink&id=1216
              Tempting but no thanks.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011

Comment

• I just wached a clip with the joker and Heath is leaps and bounds ahead of Jack. No one is even in comparison. His best role ever. I want to keep typing but am running out of words.

Comment

I just wached a clip with the joker and Heath is leaps and bounds ahead of Jack. No one is even in comparison. His best role ever. I want to keep typing but am running out of words.
                  i thought the clip in there with the Joker was the best one too. I just have this feeling that Batman may take a backseat to Harvey Dent and The Joker in this film

Comment

i thought the clip in there with the Joker was the best one too. I just have this feeling that Batman may take a backseat to Harvey Dent and The Joker in this film
                    From the clips it appears that way.

Comment

Yeah, early reviewers have basically said Batman just makes random cameos throughout, but the real focus is on Harvey Dent, The Joker, and Lieutenant Gordon.

BoneKrusher

Comment

• Originally posted by HChu View Post
                        Yeah, early reviewers have basically said Batman just makes random cameos throughout, but the real focus is on Harvey Dent, The Joker, and Lieutenant Gordon.
                        I haven't read that anywhere and I don't think that Nolan would pull a Burton and do that. And Wall-E is an excellent movie, so people should see it.

RIP TheManInBlack

Comment

• Big movie sale today.

I bought The Departed, Anchorman, Snatch, Alpha Dog, Memento, There Will Be Blood, and Hitman.

Comment

• How good is In Bruges?

Comment

• Originally posted by holt_bruce81 View Post
                              How good is In Bruges?
                              It is the best movie so far this year IMO. I watched it a few weeks back and everyone who I have recomended it to and have watched it since have loved it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. Gonzo View Post
                                It is the best movie so far this year IMO. I watched it a few weeks back and everyone who I have recomended it to and have watched it since have loved it.
                                Ok thanks, might have to run up to Blockbuster in a few minutes lol.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information