Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ATLDirtyBirds View Post
    I didn't particular like it.
    Any reason or just not your thing? I can definitely see why some people wouldn't like it, but it was very interesting to me.

Comment

• So I was given a choice tonight, either Hancock or Wanted...needless to say, I chose Wanted.

It wasnt as bad as I expected, however it wasnt as good as it could have been. It had a ton of uber cool (if incredibly unrealistic) action sequences, and soem great bullet time moments. McAvoy is believable and charismatic enough as the main character, and Angelina is super sexy and her regular sultry self even without a ton of lines. Morgan Freeman disappointed me, as he sleepwalks through the role, basically reprising his character from Lucky Number Slevin. Overall, I was surprised with how much I enjoyed the new age action, however dont go in expecting anything incredible plot or writing wise. No subtext or messages, just straight shoot em up action. Decent popcorn flick, but nothing more. Id give it a 6.5/10, maybe a 7 based on the fact that you do in fact see some angelina nudity (although its a rear shot, no boobs :( )
      Originally posted by Mr. Goosemahn
      The APS is strong in this one.
      Originally posted by killxswitch
      Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.

Comment

• I saw Hancock tonight; not necessarily compelled by any reviews or what I'd seen in trailers. I have to confess, shamefully, that I was pulled aboard the Will Smith Indy Day Hype Machine.
        With that being said, I was pleasantly surprised. The acting was good; the plot, shrouded in so much mystery, turned out to actually be somewhat compelling without featuring a substantial villain.
        There were definite holes in the story and it was too short for my liking. But I liked it as a superhero movie that managed to not take itself too seriously while also weaving a lot of intrigue into the tale.
        8/10 in my book. Go if you're a student, It's worth 6.50.

Comment

• Originally posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
          I think it's kind of funny how underappreciated Dicaprio still is.
          Not by me. He is my favorite actor by a long shot.

Comment

• i like the guy in thank you for smoking (plays harvey dent in the dark knight)

has he been in anything else?

name escaping me right now

cred 2 BoneKrusher

Comment

• Originally posted by kwilk103 View Post
              i like the guy in thank you for smoking (plays harvey dent in the dark knight)

Aaron Eckhart

Comment

• Originally posted by kwilk103 View Post
                i like the guy in thank you for smoking (plays harvey dent in the dark knight)

Aaron Eckhart? If so, he has been in a few movies lately. One of which I recently downloaded, however ironically, its name is eluding me.

Comment

• I think I am going to start reviewing movies I see.

Movies I saw recently:

The Man Who Wasn't There (Dir: Joel and Ethan Coel) - It was all right. It was a nice tribute to the noirs of old, but nothing more. This part is especially disappointing when you see that the directors are the Coen brothers. I would give this movie a 7.3

The Namesake (Dir: Mira Nair) - Not that good of a movie, to be honest. I was looking forward to an indian setting (I am indian) and Kal Penn, but the movie was just so fast paced. My friend would leave and when he would come back, Kal Penn would be at a different stage in life. I did enjoy the movie just because it was a first generation indian guy living in America (like me). I will give it a 6.4

"He's the leader of the next great class of NFL players." - John Elway on Matt Ryan

Comment

• Went to HMV yesterday, they have brand new movies for $6 a piece, its pretty sweet...so of course, i bought a ton of them. I added Natural Born Killers, The Order, Dodgeball, American Psycho, City of God, Kiss Kiss Bang Bang, Stay, and The Machinist to my collection. Looking pimp!
                    Originally posted by Mr. Goosemahn
                    The APS is strong in this one.
                    Originally posted by killxswitch
                    Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.

Comment

• I dont know why, but the edition and case of a movie matters to me alot. I dont like getting the cheap single disc cases. They just look so flimsy and stuff. Most of my movies are actually special editions.

"He's the leader of the next great class of NFL players." - John Elway on Matt Ryan

Comment

• Originally posted by Primetime21 View Post
                        Just saw Seth Rogan in I Heart Huckabees and as always he gave me a laugh.
                        I believe you're thinking Jonah Hill

<+fenikz> "**** the Police, ride my fischstache bitches"

Comment

• Jonah Hill is creepy looking in 40 year old virgin and grandma's boy, it doesnt even look like him.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
                          http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
                          KO KNOWS

Comment

• since we're throwing out actor lists i figured id chime in. i dont feel like writing explanations or anything.

1. daniel day-lewis

2. johnny depp

3. sir ian mckellen

4. alan rickman

5. gary oldman

Comment

• Originally posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
                              Jonah Hill is creepy looking in 40 year old virgin and grandma's boy, it doesnt even look like him.
                              He lost a lot of weight since those movies.

Comment

• Originally posted by NeoJenova View Post
                                He lost a lot of weight since those movies.
                                Yeah he did but, he was just plain old creepy looking back then. Pailer and his hair was a little different. He is still the man, though. I'm a big fan.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
                                http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
                                KO KNOWS

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information