Movie Discussion Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by A Perfect Score View Post
    Had a great movie night tonight, watched American History X and Memento, both personal faves of mine. I thoroughly recommend them to anyone who hasnt seen them, although i will assume most people who frequent this thread have seen them. Ive said it before and Ill say it again, Ed Norton gives one of the most powerful performances ive EVER seen in cinema in AHX. He is just flat out incredible in that movie. And of course Memento is the ultimate mind **** movie. Just one time, i wanna watch it in the proper chronological order lol.
    http://www.dvdtalk.com/eggs/read.php?ID=24

There ya go.

Comment

• Originally posted by familyguy555 View Post
      I watched In Bruges tonight. Good movie but I cant believe that (in white)They killed the dwarf!
      SPOILER:

I'm glad they killed that dwarf. He annoyed me so much. Plus it really helped connect Farrell's characters past and present lives.

Comment

• Some movies I have seen recently:

Taxi Driver (Dir - Martin Scorsese) Wow. Where to begin? This movie was pretty jaw dropping. Directing was amazing, just as well as De Niro (once again). Along with a great story and underrated score, I think this is Scorsese's best film. I really loved how the duality of the character was presented throughout the film and vigilantes always get a plus in my book. I give this a 10

The Terminator (Dir - James Cameron) I was always under the impression that I had seen this movie, until I actually watched it today. Today was the first time watching it. Though watching the 2nd one took alot of action and suspense away from it, this movie still was very good. Alot of great stuff for the early-mid 80s. Very good action movie and it really keeps you at the edge of your seat. I will give it a 9.4

The Terminator 2 (Dir - James Cameron) I have already seen this movie, but I decided to watch it with my dad on Blu Ray. After watching the first one, it seems as if James Cameron just built on his first movie. If theres nothing wrong, then dont fix it. After learning that, the movie did seem to have alot of its innovativeness taken away, but I think that, regardless, it this sequel outdid its original. Though they worked on alot of similar situations, I think they really refined alot of things and the whole protagonist being weaker than the antagonist thing worked alot better this time around. I am sure me watching this one first (and watching it recently on blu ray) has alot to do with me giving it a higher rating than the first one, but whatever. I will give it a 9.5

Wall-E (Dir - Andrew Stanton) I really was not TOO excited about this movie when I first heard about it. The fact that it was one of the original ideas Pixar had perked me up a little bit and made me a bit interested, but still, I was unsure if I was going to see it. It wasn't until I started hearing and reading reviews about it that made me excited. And now that I have watched the movie, I am ridiculously glad. Wall E was an amazing movie. Very good graphically (duh) and with a great story. It had a good amount of comedy and ended up being very touching. Really really well made movie. I recommend people watching this with a family member or significant other. Very cute and well made movie. 9.6

"He's the leader of the next great class of NFL players." - John Elway on Matt Ryan

Comment

• I posted this in the Dark Knight thread, but hey, hating on Michael Bay needs to be done everywhere.

If Michael Bay did The Dark Knight

"He's the leader of the next great class of NFL players." - John Elway on Matt Ryan

Comment

• i'm about 3/4 though hancock, i can tell the ending is going to suck, it's a very predictable movie

not as bad as most people said but nothing great either

Comment

• Originally posted by d34ng3l021 View Post
              I posted this in the Dark Knight thread, but hey, hating on Michael Bay needs to be done everywhere.

The fact that people actually believed that shows how gullible people are. Loved the CGI flag and Hottest/Smartest woman with huge rack.
              Originally posted by STARHEATHER
              the only hot actreeses are adult
              Originally posted by A Perfect Score
              players intsimy latieres are sutpdi. the players areat all unituw/ o dpmt ebem aer about wat the lpater aare calling themeslves of whatever, terhera will Its sutpid/ neever be anothe said playerm. rscj p;syhyrt uniyeee, snf rhyrtrgotr, each player autntiwue for each syste,. /
              Alcohol+Draft Forum= Fneuniest timez evverzzz

Comment

• In Bruges was awesome. It was a dark comedy and a great movie overall. It gave me some good laughs (Was is a chinese lollipop man?) and really great ending.
                I recommend it to everyone, its a great great movie.

Comment

I posted this in the Dark Knight thread, but hey, hating on Michael Bay needs to be done everywhere.

that's funny.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011

Comment

So I am still watching Taxi Driver, and holy snap. Its Jodie Foster as like a teenager. She was a cutie.
                    She's the reason why Ronald Regan was almost assassinated

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. Gonzo View Post
                      I watched Wanted last night. It was sort of enjoyable for me but I found myself hating the plot. At the same time the action was pretty good. Another movie like Hancock, it was worth what I payed, nothing.

I probably give both Hancock and Wanted a 2/5.
                      Hancock > Wanted
                      Virginia Tech.
                      ACC Champions 2004, 2007, 2008, 2010

Next Up: 2012

Comment

• Originally posted by BamaFalcon59 View Post
                        Hancock > Wanted
                        I strongly disagree. While the first 30 minutes of Hancock were rather enjoyable, the ending is severely disappointing. At least the ending of Wanted was coherent. Hancock's ending barely makes sense. Hancock had some funny moments to start it off, but the ending is just plain horrible. I like the original idea but they really messed it up. Wanted at least knew what it was, a straight up, special effects laden action movie. Hancock couldnt decide whether it wanted to be a comedy (which it worked best as), a drama, or a hero movie.
                        Originally posted by Mr. Goosemahn
                        The APS is strong in this one.
                        Originally posted by killxswitch
                        Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.

Comment

• I liked Hancock's ending more than Wanted's ending. That is more of a reflection on how I disliked Wanted's ending rather than me liking Hancock's ending.
                          Virginia Tech.

Comment

• The lack of a true villian also held back Hancock IMO.

stephenson86

Comment

• Originally posted by BamaFalcon59 View Post
                              I liked Hancock's ending more than Wanted's ending. That is more of a reflection on how I disliked Wanted's ending rather than me liking Hancock's ending.
                              i thought Wanted had an acceptable ending, other then the very last line of the film. Which was just ******* stupid. But Hancock was just bad after the first 20 minutes. I can safely say the best thing about Wanted was Angelina Jolie, and the best thing about Hancock was Jason Bateman (followed closely by Charlize of course)
                              Originally posted by Mr. Goosemahn
                              The APS is strong in this one.
                              Originally posted by killxswitch
                              Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.

Comment

• IDK, I really didn't like anything about Wanted's ending. The rest of the movie was good to me.
                                Virginia Tech.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information